• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NES St. Patrick's Day Dinner

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
How about a St. Patrick's Day get-together on Friday, 3/17/06 at 7PM at Chilihead BBQ in West Bridgewater, MA?

Irish tunes with Steve Tapper and Shelley Otis, no cover charge. We have been to numerous concerts with Steve Tapper playing, and the two of them played a concert we attended yesterday.

Here's the restaurant website, with menu, directions, etc.

http://www.chiliheadbbq.com/menu.htm

From their website:

Friday, March 17: Steve Tapper & Shelly Otis St. Patrick's Day Show. A special show of traditional Irish arrangements on wood flute and celtic harp.

A posting on the Phantom Gourmet forum lauded this restaurant.

http://forums.phantomgourmet.com/forums/shwmessage.aspx?forumid=1&messageid=173851

Anyone interested, please reply here with number of people and I'll make reservations accordingly.

Daisy,

It is only 2 people (small harp and flute, unless they bring some other instruments). www.stevetapperandshelleyotis.com

I've never been there, no idea how big the place is. We might either get "closed out" (group too big) or swamp the place.

How many people you guess they can hold (remove 1 table for musicians)?

I don't expect that we'll have a big group, given workday and location.

I was just informed by a friend that he had already made plans for us that night. So, I'm not sure that I can make it...not sure what time we're all supposed to go out. But if it's not until later...who knows.

So, as of now...it's not looking like we're going to make it. But if things change...

And I hate to miss eating BBQ...

LenS said:
Daisy,

It is only 2 people (small harp and flute, unless they bring some other instruments). www.stevetapperandshelleyotis.com

I've never been there, no idea how big the place is. We might either get "closed out" (group too big) or swamp the place.

How many people you guess they can hold (remove 1 table for musicians)?

I don't expect that we'll have a big group, given workday and location.

Geez, Len..it's no bigger than the deli at AFS, in fact, it might not even be THAT big. If I remember right they had probably 10 tables?

Wait..i just checked their website (hate to give incorrect facts), and it says:

"Yep, our expanded saloon is now open, with extra seating, a down-home southern bar and new place to corral the musicians (that means we'll offer better access to the soda machine on nights with music scheduled). We've also added a late night (8 PM until closing) Bar Menu with new items, including a delicious burger!"

So, perhaps there is room.
Sorry....
carry on, boys. :)

derek said:
Shhhh. If Brent hears that he's going to get all gussied up and head in with you guys.

[laugh2] I'm sorry. I shouldn't be discussing meat in a public forum. I got all excited & couldn't stop myself.

daisywench said:
Len..I've been there...where the heck are they going to put a band? They have, maybe, what? 7 tables?

Daisywench - they expanded in January. (How do I know? I found out when I saw the CLOSED sign as I walked up to the door the first week in January!)

anyway, they expanded into the space next door. I got to see it a few weeks later.

Wish I could join you all for the fun, but I'll be in NJ at the Lunacon science fiction convention that weekend. (I knew there was a reason I called for an NES gettogether this past weekend![smile] )

OK, are there any more that plan on going?

I probably should give them a call with a head count on Wednesday, so post here please if you are coming and a "+1" if you are bringing someone with you.
Thanks.

Stated that they are coming:

Len & Deena
KDub
Skald
Flotter390 + Sandee

Questionable:

Lynne + Ed (?)
Hamar
Daisywench

Len & Deena
KDub
Skald
Flotter390 + Sandee

Questionable:

Lynne + Ed (?)
Hamar
Daisywench
Edin508 = Ed

LenS said:
OK, are there any more that plan on going?

I probably should give them a call with a head count on Wednesday, so post here please if you are coming and a "+1" if you are bringing someone with you.
Thanks.

Len & Deena
KDub
Skald
Flotter390 + Sandee

Questionable:

Lynne + Ed (?)
Hamar
Daisywench

Len, put us down as a definite maybe [smile] I'll know for sure by Wednesday. I have something to celebrate this Friday (last day of my current job).

Ed and I aren't questionable anymore. I have to work. Bad for the get together - good for the checking account. (In fact, I'm working from 9AM to midnight)

I'll be with y'all in spirit tho. [grin]

edin508 said:

Len & Deena
KDub
Skald
Flotter390 + Sandee

Questionable:

Lynne + Ed (?)
Hamar
Daisywench
Edin508 = Ed

Ed is Lynne's hubby; besides aren't you joining the "cooler" of the two parties?

Moderator said:
Ed is Lynne's hubby; besides aren't you joining the "cooler" of the two parties?

Len posted this one first when I said we might make it. [laugh] But I'm working that night, so the point is now moot.

Ok, so we have
Len & Deena
KDub
Skald + Pal
Flotter390 + Sandee
Ann & Greg

Questionable:

Hamar
Daisywench

I'm celebrating the final day of my old job and looking forward to the new one, so it'll be a good night! [smile] Anyone else going?

Last edited:
Ann, you forgot yourself and Hubby?

At any rate, I WILL ABSOLUTELY NEED A HEAD-COUNT BY WED EVENING!

Deena and I stopped in there mid afternoon today for a late lunch/early dinner and the place is still tiny! There are two sides, one you wait on yourself and the other side is the table service and musicians.

I spoke with Paul (manager/owner?) and he will need a head-count for sure. There are tables for probably 18-20, high round bar tables that seat another 6, and ~8 seats at the bar. This is in the table service area. The other side is smaller.

The problem is that it gets very busy ~6PM on Fridays and people tend to eat and stay for the music/drinking. He thinks because it is Lent and he's basically a "rib house", that St. Patty's Day won't be as crowded as normal. But he can't afford to hold tables for ten, turn people away and have only 6 of us show up.

The portions an be huge! I ordered the Chili Head Burrito today ($7.49) and took half home. Leslie, our waitress told me that it is 3.5# in that burrito!! They have a "Grande" that is 4.5# for $8.99! The food was good, as was the service.

It is located ~1 mile EAST of Rte. 24 on Rte. 106 heading towards Bridgewater and Brockton. It's at the end of a tiny strip mall on the right hand side.

Chili Head Barbeque Co.
320 W. Center St. (Rte. 106)
W. Bridgewater, MA
508-941-0707
www.chiliheadbbq.com

Reservation will be in the name of "NES".

I'm working close to ChiliHead , so barring some unforeseen catasrophe, I'll be there too. What time are we meeting?

Len, I am going to try my best to be there, Standing room will work for me. Steve

LenS said:
K-Dub, we are meeting there at 7PM. See you there!

That big Kenilworth (sp?) will take up their whole parking lot! [laugh]

Bummer, I guess I'll leave the dump truck at the garage, & bring the little truck. It'll be more ladylike. [wink] (Len, it's spelled Kenworth....close enough)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom