• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NES St. Patrick's Day Dinner

K-DUB said:
Bummer, I guess I'll leave the dump truck at the garage, & bring the little truck. It'll be more ladylike. [wink] (Len, it's spelled Kenworth....close enough)

Sorry, after I posted it, I thought it might be spelled that way, but what the heck . . . I admit to knowing nothing about big trucks! [grin]

No, those are DCU's (Desert Camo Uniform). They're basically speaking, no longer issued. The ACU's replace BDU's and DCU's.

I think by now, you know who my employer is.

Daisy, even if we promise to give you personal space? [wink]

Sorry to hear that you won't make it. Have a great St. Patty's Day anyway.

Nickle said:
No, those are DCU's (Desert Camo Uniform). They're basically speaking, no longer issued. The ACU's replace BDU's and DCU's.

I think by now, you know who my employer is.

umm.... Sesame Street?

Today's show was brought to you by the letter D. And the letter U.

and the number 3.

LenS said:
Daisy, even if we promise to give you personal space? [wink]

Sorry to hear that you won't make it. Have a great St. Patty's Day anyway.

HEY! No fair bringing "stuff" here from that other board.

Don't touch me!!!!

and Len, I'm sure I'll see you soon in Marlboro. ;-)

Daisy,

Sorry, I almost responded over there but didn't have time to read all 3 pages first! I'll just say that what was done to you was highly inappropriate and would give me the creeps!

This time are you going to come over and say hello, or are you going to keep your "distance" again! Hmm!

LenS said:
Daisy,

Sorry, I almost responded over there but didn't have time to read all 3 pages first! I'll just say that what was done to you was highly inappropriate and would give me the creeps!

This time are you going to come over and say hello, or are you going to keep your "distance" again! Hmm!

OY! I didn't see you, honestly. I don't look at the people behind the tables, I just look ON the tables.

And she keeps touching me! rubbing my back...hugging me..putting her arm around me. I'm going to have to fire her. I don't like to be touched by strangers. skeeves me out. If only she was a guy......

Did she graduate from Simmons College? [devil]

I worked there for 8 months doing computer desktop support. It is a majority lesbian/gay college . . . students and lots of faculty/staff. There really weren't more than a few dozen guys (and a number were gay) that worked there. I had the HR person tell me that she remembered me after only meeting me once for less than 5 minutes some 6 weeks earlier . . . when I complimented her on her excellent memory, she responded with "no, it's because we have so few men working here!" [shocked]

It was a strange place to be for a straight guy. I'm tolerant, but what I observed was that they were largely intolerant of anyone that wasn't like "them" (the majority).

I would take her aside and talk with her, put her on a written warning and if it happens again, signora! Document your case to avoid any nasty legal unpleasantness.

Too bad you can't get away with what one of my employees did (this was in the early 1980s). She was a cutish Co-op engineering student that I had hired and one of our other employees (a guy who thought he was G_d's gift to women) apparently put the arm on her, ignored her demands that he stop it, so she decked him! [smile] She never came to me to complain about it, it just came up in conversation quite a while later. I felt like high-fiving her! I do think that I said that I would have liked to see that when it happened! Ah, back in the days when sometimes we could "do the right thing" without the lawyers! She never had a problem with that guy again. Someone in our group bought him a female blow-up doll for Christmas, so he could have his very own girl!! [rofl] [devil]
BTW, when I do gun shows I largely look at the table tops and only use peripheral vision to avoid colliding with people. But stop at the GOAL table and say hi, please.

Last edited:
BTW, when I do gun shows I largely look at the table tops and only use peripheral vision to avoid colliding with people. But stop at the GOAL table and say hi, please.

most definitely. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Len, If there is still room for one more I would like to join you folks. Usually I am working but it looks like my night got easier so I might be able to make it. Standing room is O.K. by me. I will be working locally so I think I can be there around 8 or so. Let me know, I'll check the thread before I leave.

daisywench said:
umm.... Sesame Street?

[laugh2] Not quite. Today's show was brought to you courtesy of the Letters M and A and the number 1, as in M1A1. Sometimes this place seems like Sesame Street.

You do know who exactly would be wearing BDU's or ACU's to work, right?

jshooter said:
Hey Len, If there is still room for one more I would like to join you folks. Usually I am working but it looks like my night got easier so I might be able to make it. Standing room is O.K. by me. I will be working locally so I think I can be there around 8 or so. Let me know, I'll check the thread before I leave.

Come on down. I added you to the head-count. Paul asked me to call him before I leave to give him the number so he can try to reserve table space for us at 7PM.

EVERYONE: Please try to be there AT 7PM so we don't kill his business with empty seats/tables. Thanks! He's a Brother and he told me that he's going out of his way to help a Brother out tonight. Thanks.

Ok, I am off. I tend to always be early for things, and I also need to run a few errands before I start heading towards the restraunt. If your not sure what I look like look for a tall man who would look perfect in a 'I may not be very smart but I can lift very heavy things' t-shirt. Or, a cranberry red henley type shirt, faded jeans, goatee and glasses.

Just got home, knocked ten minutes off the drive without all the idiots on the road earlier, had a great time and met some great people. Its nice to have a face and a voice when I am reading a post, it makes it seem normal(?) not just words in cyberspace. Dinner was great and I am afraid I might be making special trips over there for lunch and dinner sometimes. Nice to meet you all hope to get together another time soon.

Nice to meet everyone, though its VERY odd I had to meet Reinbeu like 30mins away although she lives about 2 miles from my house *eyes*. And as john said, great to put faces to names as well as the correct gender for a few cuz I can be to oblivous to the obvious on some things.

It was a pleasure meeting you folks . . . most of you for the 1st time. Food and music was very good, but the company was outstanding!

Thanks for making it and making it a good time had by all.

Nice to meet you guys & gals! I agree with the above that it's nice to match a face to the people we talk to online. The food was great, & I'll be stopping by there again, & hope to see you guys again in the future.

Back
Top Bottom