• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NES, Ukraine style

The irony here is that CNN has no clue they are promoting RKBA

Beware of their pivot, if not accidentally it is bc their ratings are as unpopular as herpes
What did herpes ever do to you?!! Lighten up bro!

All this civilians of Ukraine holding guns for the camera is good for show but how are they realistically gonna fare going up against significantly better trained standing army? With hours and days of training vs weeks and months? They're gonna get smoked lol. It's not like civvies have a whole back end of air and fire support either. What do they think is gonna happen when the Russian army realizes partizans have tooled up? When they come up to you and you still have a gun in your hand, no gulag for you - you'll just see the back of the nearest wall and that's it. All this shit is to manipulate and guilt trip the US to drop trillions of dollars and send in our world police standing army to take pity on them.

Oh yeah Russian army treating Ukrainian civilians taking up arms against them will not be as 'nice' as we were against the VC and NV irregulars.

All this civilians of Ukraine holding guns for the camera is good for show but how are they realistically gonna fare going up against significantly better trained standing army? With hours and days of training vs weeks and months? They're gonna get smoked lol. It's not like civvies have a whole back end of air and fire support either. What do they think is gonna happen when the Russian army realizes partizans have tooled up? When they come up to you and you still have a gun in your hand, no gulag for you - you'll just see the back of the nearest wall and that's it. All this shit is to manipulate and guilt trip the US to drop trillions of dollars and send in our world police standing army to take pity on them.

Oh yeah Russian army treating Ukrainian civilians taking up arms against them will not be as 'nice' as we were against the VC and NV irregulars.
Eh, we wont know unless it happens.
Sure does not make things easier for the Russians
Heck bunch of farmers and backwoods hicks have done wonders through history

All this civilians of Ukraine holding guns for the camera is good for show but how are they realistically gonna fare going up against significantly better trained standing army?
Two things in response:
1) Consider reading about WW2 and the Partisan movement. The most active and effective partisans were in Easter Europe, Belarus, and Northern Ukraine were a hotbed, fighting against standing German and Rumanian armies, and the Ukrainian police.
2) We like to pride ourselves in our heritage. Paul Rivere, North Church, Bunker hill: these are all symbols of American independence and desire to fight the oppressors. Where is that spirit now!? Are you a Damn Yankee or a Cambridge panzy?! New England was the birthplace of the Yanks: civilians taking up arms against injustice!

I, for one, am a proud Yankee and I applaud Ukrainians taking up arms to defend their homeland. Yes, that granny won't be Rambo but if she injures or takes down one or two Russian army personnel, that will be enough. Russia can only send so many young men to Ukraine to die...

All this civilians of Ukraine holding guns for the camera is good for show but how are they realistically gonna fare going up against significantly better trained standing army? With hours and days of training vs weeks and months? They're gonna get smoked lol.
How did the US and Allied forces do in the GWOT against a bunch of goat herders over 20+ years?

Two things in response:
1) Consider reading about WW2 and the Partisan movement. The most active and effective partisans were in Easter Europe, Belarus, and Northern Ukraine were a hotbed, fighting against standing German and Rumanian armies, and the Ukrainian police.
2) We like to pride ourselves in our heritage. Paul Rivere, North Church, Bunker hill: these are all symbols of American independence and desire to fight the oppressors. Where is that spirit now!? Are you a Damn Yankee or a Cambridge panzy?! New England was the birthplace of the Yanks: civilians taking up arms against injustice!

I, for one, am a proud Yankee and I applaud Ukrainians taking up arms to defend their homeland. Yes, that granny won't be Rambo but if she injures or takes down one or two Russian army personnel, that will be enough. Russia can only send so many young men to Ukraine to die...
Partisans didn't get to surrender. They were summarily lined up and ate the Luger round.

Not sure if serious....

Ask Russia about Chechnya and Afganistan. [rofl] They're not that great at invading someone. IMHO even if they did invade, they're taking the low hanging fruit (Crimea) and holding
that, where they have more local support.

Not sure if serious....

Ask Russia about Chechnya and Afganistan. [rofl] They're not that great at invading someone. IMHO even if they did invade, they're taking the low hanging fruit (Crimea) and holding
that, where they have more local support.

Just half serious. No one can hold Afghanistan. Gonna sit back with popcorn and watch when China eventually gives it a third try, gets too ambitious and turns on their BFF the Taliban. Ukrainian territory is snowy terrain the Russian boys will feel right at home. Gotta hand it to Putin for trolling Biden and making all the western cuck leaders pee their pants for weeks.

On an individual basis, 99% are probably signing their own death warrant the minute they fire on an invading troop.

Just half serious. No one can hold Afghanistan. Gonna sit back with popcorn and watch when China eventually gives it a third try, gets too ambitious and turns on their BFF the Taliban. Ukrainian territory is snowy terrain the Russian boys will feel right at home. Gotta hand it to Putin for trolling Biden and making all the western cuck leaders pee their pants for weeks.
The Chinese likely won’t put any boots on the ground. They’re buying access to the rare earth resources there in exchange for not getting killed, and they have no interest in spreading any of their politics or culture over there. They do it very successfully with drug cartels in South America and warlords in Africa. I think you may be right, it’s only a matter of time before the taliban turns on them once they see their land getting strip-mined and half of their water supply getting used up and polluted, but, they may be too late in realizing that the CCP just used them to suck out their rare earth elements. The taliban apparently doesn’t care that the CCP has a genocidal campaign against Muslims in China.

going down swinging is better than cowering under a table.
All this civilians of Ukraine holding guns for the camera is good for show but how are they realistically gonna fare going up against significantly better trained standing army?
wondering if he'll join a "well regulated malitia" if the time comes or toss in the towel.

You think the 2A is for hunting deer, don't you?

On an individual basis, 99% are probably signing their own death warrant the minute they fire on an invading troop.

going down swinging is better than cowering under a table.

wondering if he'll join a "well regulated malitia" if the time comes or toss in the towel.
As a "civilian", a Ukrainian would get to use soft point hunting ammunition. They should aim for the extremities, hoping to cripple a soldier permanently rather than kill him or her. A crippled soldier returning home to Mother Russia becomes a drain on society.

What would you do if you were Ukrainian? Bend over?

tldw: watch Ukrainian IT guys who do 3 gun think they are going to resist Russian infantry. [rofl]

Adorable. I liked the part where they would work with Ukrainian SF (whatever that is).

Bonus points for having a "doctor" there, because him running and gunning is somehow more useful than treating the wounded. [rofl]

What would you do if you were Ukrainian? Bend over?

Theres a lot of grey area. When Russia invaded Crimea what happened? The locals liked it. When Russia invaded Eastern Ukraine in 2014, what happened? They obliterated the Ukrainian military and militia in the area and left. And no one batted an eye.

If Russia was to reinvade the 2 eastern areas, the same thing is going to happen. The locals will like it (as they have in the past) and the Ukrainian military will get its ass handed to them as far as Russia wants west, which looking at the past years data isn't all that far in.

If I was a Ukrainian and I had a choice to go fight for land in the East where the locals didnt even want me, well, the choice is pretty easy.

Ukraine has had almost 8 years to get its act together regarding the Russian interest in the east. And zero has been done about it in reality. Ukraine can't even police it's own territory nevermind stop an overwhelming force from doing what it wants to. Theres a lot of reasons for it. From incompetence to corruption to lack of consensus.

This is a lot more of an old Soviet border issue compared to whatever the f*** CNN and Biden pretend it are. A lot of the old Soviet borders are hot spots right now, and approximately zero people seem to care about the other ones. The reason is simple. $.

Last edited:
tldw: watch Ukrainian IT guys who do 3 gun think they are going to resist Russian infantry. [rofl]
Might be two gun. Their website section on handgun is blank Ukrainian Practical Shooting Federation - ФПСУ - IPSC - Sport UA and Всеукраїнська федерація практичної та високоточної стрільби.

The fact that "Action Air" with handguns exists in Ukraine strongly infers that ordinaries are not allowed to own handguns in that country. I don't know of any other IPSC affiliated country that uses Airsoft as a division and it probably exists to plug the handgun gap as best they can.

As to resistance - The people who defeated the US in Vietnam and Afghan knew how to deal with hardship; live in the jungle, mountains or desert with little supplies, etc. Take a bunch of office worker types who are good with guns, throw them outside into a situation where they have few supplies and can't go home for a meal, shower and a good night's sleep and they may last for a few days. In my case, I'm guessing 3-4 days but that may be on the optimistic side.. The question is how may people will decide that taking out a couple of invaders is worth the cost of their life. Better dead than red has a nice catch to it, but not a lot of people are going to buy into that when they would be sacrificing their lives, rather than merely risking them? Especially when the invaders come to rule them, not pack them into boxcars.

Throw in a house to house round up of guns with instant death for those who fail to comply or are caught with firepower after a surrender order and it does not look favorable for suburbanite IT workers and MDs. Turning them into effective guerilla warriors is about as likely as having an Afghan or Vietnam insurgent treat the sick or run the IT centers.

Might be two gun. Their website section on handgun is blank Ukrainian Practical Shooting Federation - ФПСУ - IPSC - Sport UA and Всеукраїнська федерація практичної та високоточної стрільби.

The fact that "Action Air" with handguns exists in Ukraine strongly infers that ordinaries are not allowed to own handguns in that country. I don't know of any other IPSC affiliated country that uses Airsoft as a division and it probably exists to plug the handgun gap as best they can.

As to resistance - The people who defeated the US in Vietnam and Afghan knew how to deal with hardship; live in the jungle, mountains or desert with little supplies, etc. Take a bunch of office worker types who are good with guns, throw them outside into a situation where they have few supplies and can't go home for a meal, shower and a good night's sleep and they may last for a few days. In my case, I'm guessing 3-4 days but that may be on the optimistic side.. The question is how may people will decide that taking out a couple of invaders is worth the cost of their life. Better dead than red has a nice catch to it, but not a lot of people are going to buy into that when they would be sacrificing their lives, rather than merely risking them? Especially when the invaders come to rule them, not pack them into boxcars.

Throw in a house to house round up of guns with instant death for those who fail to comply or are caught with firepower after a surrender order and it does not look favorable for suburbanite IT workers and MDs. Turning them into effective guerilla warriors is about as likely as having an Afghan or Vietnam insurgent treat the sick or run the IT centers.
Rob, the only people saying that Russia is interested in Ukraine (as in all of it) is Biden. The 3 areas that Russia is eye balling are de facto Russian. And those Russians living in Ukraine want the f*** out. They've been saying it for a long, long time. Crimea already did it. And I remember very well when Russia took it over how the media attempted to spin it into something that it was very much not.

Donetsk and Luhansk are what's on the table for sure. This is the area that Ukraine as had zero control over since the war started. I've seen the "plans" for Russian invasion into Ukraine that have the invasion going all the way into Kiev and to the Dnipro. Shit, they even make a f***ing stop in Transnistria (which is entertaining because Russia already has troops there but whatever at this point).

If the "plan" goes out as planned, yes, I suspect the Ukrainians in those West of Donetsk area will have one hell of a reason to fight. I just think it's a tough sell. It would be a simple thing to take Donetsk and Luhansk and they'd be welcomed as heros for it. Taking over 50% of the country? Eh... if it was easy I can't see why they would do it. But having all the locals hate you is going to make it hard by default so it's a hard sell.

I get a lot of self mastabotory vibes from the posts regarding this. And for the NESers with erections for Ukraine I bring you good news. You can literally get on a plane now, fly there, join a western militia based out of the area, be furnished with a weapon and waste as much time as you want. A lot of people have done it. Not my cup of tea, but shit, if it's that important no ones stopping anyone.

Regardless, Ukraine still fails to do shit about it. Is Ukraine worried about invasion? Shit... maybe start a f***ing huge draft for man power and readiness? You know, assemble the men to get ready to law down some violence on people?

Oh, we're just going to have white collar people form into unorganized militias if the time comes. [rofl]

I don't know if Russia will or will not invade. I do know that Ukraine's actions clearly show that they either don't think it will or don't care.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom