New 92FS First trip out!

I recently bought a Beretta 92fs, that was gently used by a NES member. It is the Inox edition.

I took it to the range this morning, it fits my hands so well. The first two magazines fired had all shots center mass! after about 75 rounds I was hitting a 6" circle pretty reliably. This is a keeper, a great range gun and may get occasional carry use as well.

A great transaction from another member as well. I love it when a plan comes together!

i fired the beretta 92fs once and loved it as well...it was gonna be my next 9mm to buy...then I stumbled into glockdom haha but i will still get a beretta one day. glad you enjoyed it

Glad to hear you like your 92fs. Its one of the first guns I ever shot when I was a youngling. I remember my old man buying a 92fs sometime around 1989/1990ish. It was the most futuristic and cool looking handgun I had ever seen. It was a few years into .mil service and I just remember the 92fs being the cat's meow back then. Ahh nostalgia.

Today my dad's 25 year old 92fs is with me...probably the coolest thing I've inherited from him.

funny thing about MA is the effect of "the list" on firearm supply/demand within the state. Guns that are fairly covetted in free states are sometimes in abundance here, and vice versa. The 92fs is a good example...where I came from it was considered a pretty cool and "luxury" handgun, that honestly not too many people owned. Here in MA, because of our stupid list, it seems the 92fs doesnt get all that much love....which is understandable because theyre relatively easy to get and pretty cheap considering the quality and history of the 92 series.

Love my 92fs...accurate, comfy, cheap to shoot. I only carry it at home or at the range, but if you choose todo the same, i would recommend the blackhawk drop leg holster. All the officers and staff nco's in my unit carry with these have holsters when on duty. Wicked comfortable and fun to draw from.

i swapped out the polymer guide rod for a metal one, i'm not worried about dropping it in sand and binding it up which apparently was the purpose of the fluted-ish polymer one. the little bit of extra weight helps a bit with the muzzle rising. even then it's okay only 9mm lawl.

Also have brownells trigger kit installed...steel guide rod...and just ordered the extended mag release from midway...should have it installed this weekend.

how do you like the trigger kit? easy install?

going from my glock 19 with a connector and a full spring kit to the 92 i'm just... lost, man. it should be firing why isn't it firing?! oh there it goes.

Love my 92fs - I still use this as my EDC, largely because I think it's a great gun, but partly because I am extremely comfortable with it because of how many rounds I've fired from M9s in the military (same basic reasons I'm an AR guy instead of an AK guy).

If you get an extra $15, get a Wolf hammer spring - it will lighten the double action significantly. You can also polish the internals to make it feel like very smooth or you can just run 5000 rounds through it to accomplish the same thing.

Wicked easy install...but it's kind of a 'meh' mod. I still despise the DA pull...if you want to try mine before you make the jump, i'll be shooting in the backyard this sunday in North Oxford...you're more than welcome to join in the fun, as i'll be inviting some other NESr's as well.

Edit...i forgot you moved to a free state. You're still welcome to come, but why would you want to leave nh to hang out with the oppressed.

Last edited:
Wicked easy install...but it's kind of a 'meh' mod. I still despise the DA pull...if you want to try mine before you make the jump, i'll be shooting in the backyard this sunday in North Oxford...you're more than welcome to join in the fun, as i'll be inviting some other NESr's as well.

appreciate the offer, kind of a hike from me however. it's a completely different action so i don't expect miracles from anything i throw into the gun. apples and oranges the 92FS and a glock, same for a 1911. just different animals.

Glad to hear you like your 92fs. Its one of the first guns I ever shot when I was a youngling.

Same here! It was the first handgun I ever fired. My father took me to the range. I carry one just about every day.

People will tell you "it's big for a 9mm".. It is, but that's why it's a nice range gun. I can see it as a good gun to introduce a new shooter to a center fire cal gun. Might work as a carry gun for those in the sand box or a 'stan, butI can't imagine carrying one as a civi'. I sold mine to help pay for my AR build, kinda miss it.

If the beretta 92fs fell off "the list" and suddenly became harder to get in MA, then it would immediately become more popular.

"the list" is sort of like all the girls that you know will say yes and so you keep trying to find the ones who might say no.....or something like that.

the 92fs is like the curvy cute girl who keeps asking for your phone # so you just assume something aint right since she's interested.....turns out she's a keeper!!

i swapped out the polymer guide rod for a metal one, i'm not worried about dropping it in sand and binding it up which apparently was the purpose of the fluted-ish polymer one. the little bit of extra weight helps a bit with the muzzle rising. even then it's okay only 9mm lawl.
Sadly the new 92A1s dont fit the metal guide rods. Womp Womp

Ill chime in too. I just picked up a new 92FS this weekend! Took it out last night to try it out. I took along my old trusty S/W 59 as a comparison. The 92 was better. Felt great in my fat hands, and recoil was very pleasant. Very impressed with accuracy. It's amazing how fast you can go through 100 rounds! I will probably switch out the rod too. Just feels wrong having it be plastic. Mine says :made in Italy" Is there much of a difference in the ones I've seen in photos that are made in USA?

Theres nothing wrong w plastic guide rods. They are there for a reason.
if the slide retracts to its stopping point (ie 100%), then its gotta hit something.
do you want steel hitting steel or steel hitting plastic?
personally i prefer plastic guide rods because it ultimately protects the slide from potential damage....think of it as the weaker link that (if needed) can give way to protect the rest of the gun..

im sure this is gonna get a lot of NESers butthurt, but steel guide rods are mostly a sham.

Theres nothing wrong w plastic guide rods. They are there for a reason.
if the slide retracts to its stopping point (ie 100%), then its gotta hit something.
do you want steel hitting steel or steel hitting plastic?
personally i prefer plastic guide rods because it ultimately protects the slide from potential damage....think of it as the weaker link that (if needed) can give way to protect the rest of the gun..

im sure this is gonna get a lot of NESers butthurt, but steel guide rods are mostly a sham.

meh, i can see how that would be a valid argument.

while on the subject of berettas--anyone have a cougar? i used to have an 8045 and i have some spare parts and a set of wood grips if anyone wants the shit. just pay for the shipping.

RE: plastic versus steel guide rods

When I finally see a plastic guide rod actually fail on a pistol, I'll start considering changing mine back to steel. But since the guide rod doesn't break - ever - I doubt I'll ever have to cross that bridge.

Back
Top Bottom