• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for April 2009!

My 70 Series Colt Government Model from 4 Seasons that I built up.

Full break down, pre-upgrades.

IMG_3501.jpg

Here's the present state cleaned, polished and upgrades added.

IMG_4564.jpg

IMG_4575.jpg

Still not sure what I am going to do about the sights. Was thinking Novaks or perhaps the PSI sight @ http://www.precisionsights.com/Product/TPU_product_page.html

If I have to have the dovetails milled another dimension, I think I have to refinish the slide? Anyone know of other sight replacement options that would not require refinishing the slide?

IMG_4573.jpg

I'm NOT a fan of Novak sights. The rear sight is very busy. It draws your eye, when you should be looking at the front sight. In addition, the curved portions on the rear sight pick up reflections. If the sun is behind you, you will get a bright spot on the rear sight that will further draw your eye.

DCR-02-WD.jpg

I like Heinie rear sights, but the notch is a bit too narrow for my tastes:

305P.jpg

The 10-8 performance rear sight looks interesting, but I'm not sold on the U-shaped notch without trying it.

sightpictureblue.jpg

Excellent grips! Are you Norse? That symbol is Thors hammer, the Norse thunder god.

I am German. When I saw the grips - I remembered the line below and thought it was cool.

"With Mjöllnir, Thor would be able to strike as firmly as he wanted, whatever his aim, and the hammer would never fail, and if he threw it at something, it would never miss and never fly so far from his hand that it would not find its way back, and when he wanted, it would be so small that it could be carried inside his tunic." - The Prose Edda

M91/30

Got my first M91/30 on yesterday.

1939 M1891/30 Moisen-Nagant (vintovka obrazets 1891/30 goda) Soviet rearsenaled (Ishavek) 7.62cal, #3152, importer’s engraved serial number R11506. Round receiver and hardwood stock (arctic Birch, retouched with Tung oil and sanding sealer), in original finish with some dings and scuffs. Stock has Ishavek proofs matching those on the action; 2-7, 2-17 and arrow within triangle stamps. Rifle has four original stamped matching numbers: barrel, bolt, magazine, and butt plate with no line outs or scrub marks. Military surplus extras package included an original bayonet, sling, takedown tool, cleaning kit, and ammunition pouch. Barrel dark, strong lands, slightly rough grooves but no pitting; good plus. Import marked R Guns, Carpentersville, IL.

MajSpud

19391.jpg

19392.jpg

19393.jpg

19394.jpg

I picked this up today for very short money. I have always wanted a cap n ball revolver and this was a good opportunity. A CVA Colt Model 1951 Navy, .36 caliber. Appears to be in quite good condition.

cva001.jpg

cva004.jpg

cva012.jpg

cva014.jpg

Back
Top Bottom