• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions For April 2010

I don't as a rule post guns but the mailman just left this for me.
94372491.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

All but 2 of these AK's are from this month. April was an Arsenal milled Bulgarian w/ ironwood stock set, MAK90, NHM90, and NHM91. I had the SAR1 and AMD65.

AK473-1.jpg

I got this Colt Detective Special for my wife.

DS-1.jpg

All but 2 of these AK's are from this month. April was an Arsenal milled Bulgarian w/ ironwood stock set, MAK90, NHM90, and NHM91. I had the SAR1 and AMD65.

AK473-1.jpg

Nice collection!

Just saw your post in the AK pic thread and realized its the MAK90 missing furniture. I figured it was the NHM90 because of the stock that looks like it hides an angle cut receiver.
You can still find original stock sets out there.

Last edited:
Nice collection!
I'm guessing thats the NHM90 thats waiting for furniture. You can still find original stock sets out there.

It's a MAK90. Believe it or not I went in to buy the NHM91 and the guy asked me if I'd be interested in buying a kit. I asked how much and if I could see it. He said sure I'm asking $175 and it comes with two mags and a whole box of parts. It was this MAK90 complete! Lucky day as Norincos never came here in kits that I know of. Someone took it all apart and couldn't get it back together.The box had the original stock set along with extra gas tubes, pistol grips, and a Romy stock set. Then he said bring it back and we'll throw it in the blue tank for 40 bucks if you get it ready. Ya hoo how could I go wrong. The NHM90 is the one with the Choate stock and 74 brake.

The Norincos are awesome shooters that often get overlooked. I think one of the best values out there in AK varients.

Well, after much deliberating decided to trade in my Model 700 and M&P9c for the 9c's big brother. My meat paws are just to big for the gun and I can easily conceal the full sized.

MP9.jpg

Give you an idea of the size of my hands, this is the FULL SIZED M&P9 in it.

MP9Hand.jpg

Keep an eye out for next months purchase. I am just drooling over it already.

Last edited:
I finally finished putting my bear defense gun together.

photo1.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

21 rounds of 230gr hard cast lead on tap to throw at whatever furry creature I may run across in the woods [grin]

More info on that scope, please.

It is a 3-15x50. mil/mil. With Seekins rings. You can look here Premier. Very good and simple tactical style scope. I was up in the air thinking I wanted more than 15x but 15 is more than enough for what I need. I thought long and hard about Schmidt & Bender and Us Optics. The wait on Us Optics and the cost factor with the Schmidt & Bender made me go with the Premier. I was not sure I would like the reticle but playing with it today I think it will work well.
2009-3-15xGen2XR.pdf

Very nice man, very nice. What exactly is it. It kind of looks like a Glock

It's the equivalent of a Glock 34/35 in 10mm on a Glock 20 frame, essentially a prototype version of LWD's Glock '20T' slide with no markings at all and a 5.15" 10mm barrel. Someday maybe I'll pick up a stainless frame for it to match the slide.

I'll see your 230 and raise you 300

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp290/JRossy/guns/DSC00260.jpg[/QUOTE]

(230 * 21 = 4830) > (300 * 6 = 1800) [wink]

ETA:
Caliber : 10mm

Bullet : 230gr Wide Flat Nose Gas Check Hardcast

Ballistics : 1120fps/ 641 ft./lbs. - Glock 20
1008fps / 519 ft lbs 100yds Glock 20

Last edited:
It's the equivalent of a Glock 34/35 in 10mm on a Glock 20 frame, essentially a prototype version of LWD's Glock '20T' slide with no markings at all and a 5.15" 10mm barrel. Someday maybe I'll pick up a stainless frame for it to match the slide.

ETA:

The 10mm club is a fantastic place to be.

What do you think of the triangle sights? Easy to pick up?

It is a 3-15x50. mil/mil. With Seekins rings. You can look here Premier. Very good and simple tactical style scope. I was up in the air thinking I wanted more than 15x but 15 is more than enough for what I need. I thought long and hard about Schmidt & Bender and Us Optics. The wait on Us Optics and the cost factor with the Schmidt & Bender made me go with the Premier. I was not sure I would like the reticle but playing with it today I think it will work well.
2009-3-15xGen2XR.pdf

Here's a great review of that scope...

LINK

And a place that sells it...

LINK

What do you think of the triangle sights? Easy to pick up?

They are definitely fast aquiring, and from what I have read on the 'net they are just as accurate as traditional 'iron' sights. We'll see how well they do when I finally get to shoot this thing. I also have to test out my Arrendondo +5 extensions to see if it feed reliably. No sense in having 20 rounds of 10mm in the mag if you can't shoot it!

ETA:

If we are talking raw power (not capacity), do not even try to one-up the .44 Magnum with a puny automatic pistol cartridge. Ain't happening.

Buffalo Bore 300 grain hard cast flat nose:
Muzzle Velocity: 1325 fps
Muzzle Energy: 1189 ft. lbs.

[wink] [laugh]

Last edited by a moderator:
What about .50 AE? That is after all, an auto-pistol cartridge[devil]

If you want to up the bore size, we can always raise you a .500 S&W Magnum. Nothing succeeds like excess.

Hell, let's compare the closest revolver cartridge to the 10mm Norma, the .41 Remington Magnum.

Corbon's 250 grain hard cast lead: Muzzle Velocity: 1325 fps, Muzzle Energy: 975 ft. lbs.

Buffalo Bore's 230 grain hard cast lead SWC: Muzzle Velocity: 1450 fps, Muzzle Energy: 1074 ft. lbs.

When it comes to raw handgun power, all else being equal, revolvers have NO peer.

If you want to up the bore size, we can always raise you a .500 S&W Magnum. Nothing succeeds like excess.

Hell, let's compare the closest revolver cartridge to the 10mm Norma, the .41 Remington Magnum.

Corbon's 250 grain hard cast lead: Muzzle Velocity: 1325 fps, Muzzle Energy: 975 ft. lbs.

Buffalo Bore's 230 grain hard cast lead SWC: Muzzle Velocity: 1450 fps, Muzzle Energy: 1074 ft. lbs.

When it comes to raw handgun power, all else being equal, revolvers have NO peer.

I see your .44mag wheelgun and raise you a GAU-8....6560 grain incendiary rounds with a velocity of 3250fps. [smile]

Nice guns this month, guys, can't wait to see what next month brings!

eta: just to definitively win the calibre war: the Schwerer Gustav, with a 67.2 million grain projectile fired at 2690fps.
Now available in a handy, pocket carry package!

Last edited:
They are definitely fast aquiring, and from what I have read on the 'net they are just as accurate as traditional 'iron' sights. We'll see how well they do when I finally get to shoot this thing. I also have to test out my Arrendondo +5 extensions to see if it feed reliably. No sense in having 20 rounds of 10mm in the mag if you can't shoot it!

where can I get those extensions?

Akina

Not a new firearm, but something much better (at least I think).

Her name is Akina (it means "summer flower" in Japanese). She's a two year old female American Akita I rescued from Dallas, TX and had transported up here. Man does she have energy!

Attachments

• akina21.jpg
    akina21.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 28
  • akina11.jpg
    akina11.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 28
Not a new firearm, but something much better (at least I think).

Her name is Akina (it means "summer flower" in Japanese). She's a two year old female American Akita I rescued from Dallas, TX and had transported up here. Man does she have energy!

Congrats!! Beautiful dog.

Back
Top Bottom