• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for April 2013

After hearing so much positive feedback on this product, I decide to test it out. I hope this product won't end my marriage, but provide layer of protection against TSA abuse.

froglube02.jpg

Sent it from iPhone 5 LTE

I picked this one up Friday. I didn't expect to be able to get it quite so soon.
Another S&W this one is a non model marked 17 4 screw gun.
Has an unusual yellow post and smooth trigger.
I couldn't wait to get it to the range. I shot a couple close targets,25-30 feet, just to see if it had potential and if I was going to like the set up.
It did and I do.
Some pictures of it

IMG_0406_zpsefd01e8a.jpg

IMG_0407_zps76a5736c.jpg

IMG_0408_zps880eae9e.jpg

IMG_0409_zpsae85c129.jpg

IMG_0416_zpsdc009f00.jpg

After hearing so much positive feedback on this product, I decide to test it out. I hope this product won't end my marriage, but provide layer of protection against TSA abuse.

froglube02.jpg

Sent it from iPhone 5 LTE

Be very careful where you apply this stuff and DO NOT show it to your MIL! [smile]

I picked this one up Friday. I didn't expect to be able to get it quite so soon.
Another S&W this one is a non model marked 17 4 screw gun.
Has an unusual yellow post and smooth trigger.
I couldn't wait to get it to the range. I shot a couple close targets,25-30 feet, just to see if it had potential and if I was going to like the set up.
It did and I do.
Some pictures of it

IMG_0406_zpsefd01e8a.jpg

IMG_0407_zps76a5736c.jpg

IMG_0408_zps880eae9e.jpg

IMG_0409_zpsae85c129.jpg

IMG_0416_zpsdc009f00.jpg

That's a really nice K22 Masterpiece. I have never seen that yellow insert on a 40's-50's revolver, but I wonder if it was available as a special order? Also the smooth target trigger is odd, but that may have been the original owner's personal preference. Great gun and good shooting.

AK Red dot

AK47/74 Russian built red dot.

Attachments

• RussianRD.jpg
    RussianRD.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 140
  • RussianRD2.jpg
    RussianRD2.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 124
  • RussianRD3.jpg
    RussianRD3.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 117
  • RussianRD4.jpg
    RussianRD4.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 116
  • RussianRD5.jpg
    RussianRD5.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 107
  • RussianRD6.jpg
    RussianRD6.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 113
  • RussianRD7.jpg
    RussianRD7.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 103
A Mosin Nagant - first C&R purchase which made it a neat experience.

In relatively good shape - likely due to the 10 pounds of cosmoline it was covered in - cleaned up nicely and ready to go. Will give it it's inauguration (at least in my hands) at the range this friday.
A couple of recent gouges on stock (from batch shipment perhaps) but wood looks good.

Has to be the easiest thing I have pulled apart and put back together again - like it simplicity and small number of parts overall.

IMG_3474_zps4b81fd0f.jpg

No firearm this month but got some stuff for my shotgun. I did get a SF. Shorter LOP stock which is so much better. I also picked up Wilson extra power spring and Mag follower.
image-2_zps0cc27f85.jpg

image-2_zpsf5dae509.jpg

Treasure from my grandmother's attic. Some random ammo and my great-grandfather's medals. Came home with too many things to note, but these are a couple of the most "gunny" related ones.

.32-40, .30-30, .38 special, .25 ACP (aka 6.35mm), and random 12ga (slugs, buck and birdshot)

IMG00868-20130402-1720_zps4afe0a6c.jpg

Representing 35 years of service as an officer in the US Army. The DSC even has his name engraved on its reverse, along with the date and place he earned it.

IMG00870-20130402-1726_zps643aeca0.jpg

Treasure from my grandmother's attic. Some random ammo and my great-grandfather's medals. Came home with too many things to note, but these are a couple of the most "gunny" related ones.

.32-40, .30-30, .38 special, .25 ACP (aka 6.35mm), and random 12ga (slugs, buck and birdshot)

IMG00868-20130402-1720_zps4afe0a6c.jpg

Representing 35 years of service as an officer in the US Army. The DSC even has his name engraved on its reverse, along with the date and place he earned it.

IMG00870-20130402-1726_zps643aeca0.jpg

I'm pretty sure you can look up online to see the report of his actions that earned his his distinguished service cross. I am very interested to hear how he earned it.

30M - your first pic is almost nothing - That second is pure gold wrapped in platinum, coated in diamonds and dipped in the spit from a politician that spoke truthfully...

Feel proud and honor the man some way - brag as often as you can.

Just beautiful. Be proud of him. What a wonderful find.
I am, thank you. One tribute I maintain is his Wikipedia entry.

The picture of those precious medals wins first prize for the year......awesome find! A++++++++++++++++++++++
Thank you! Next project is to mount them properly for display.

30M - your first pic is almost nothing - That second is pure gold wrapped in platinum, coated in diamonds and dipped in the spit from a politician that spoke truthfully...

Feel proud and honor the man some way - brag as often as you can.
Sprocket, this wins the prize as one of the most eloquent praises I believe I've ever heard, and I thank you. I am keeper of his legacy for the family, and do brag often as I have the fortune to bear his name as well.

Sweet find Ted
Thanks, Al!

I'm pretty sure you can look up online to see the report of his actions that earned his his distinguished service cross. I am very interested to hear how he earned it.
I actually have the original citation and have practically memorized it by now. [grin] Here's an except from his Wikipedia article: "On October 5, 1918, during the Meuse-Argonne Offensive, he earned a Distinguished Service Cross "for extraordinary heroism in action" at Montfauçon, France when he "... exposed himself to heavy and accurate artillery fire directed on an ammunition train while driving a loaded ammunition truck to safety, the driver of which had been killed by enemy fire.""

I am, thank you. One tribute I maintain is his Wikipedia entry.

Thank you! Next project is to mount them properly for display.

Sprocket, this wins the prize as one of the most eloquent praises I believe I've ever heard, and I thank you. I am keeper of his legacy for the family, and do brag often as I have the fortune to bear his name as well.

Thanks, Al!

I actually have the original citation and have practically memorized it by now. [grin] Here's an except from his Wikipedia article: "On October 5, 1918, during the Meuse-Argonne Offensive, he earned a Distinguished Service Cross "for extraordinary heroism in action" at Montfauçon, France when he "... exposed himself to heavy and accurate artillery fire directed on an ammunition train while driving a loaded ammunition truck to safety, the driver of which had been killed by enemy fire.""

holy crap! he was a hero!

Back
Top Bottom