• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for August 2010

it reduces the chance of a coyote seeing a sun glare from your scope..it does not affect the FOV what so ever

I'm not a huge 1911 fan but that is a beauty!

Picked up a Springfield Champion Operator
Springer.jpg

Springer2.jpg

I also got these over the past couple of months...

The new mag release is amazing. The RTF3 grip texture is great. And I much prefer the SF grip (no back strap installed).

Both are wearing Warren Tactical night sights.

Gen4 Glock 19

This guy is awesome... It's replaced my Gen3 19 as my CCW.

IMG_8817.jpg

IMG_8835.jpg

IMG_8840.jpg

Gen4 Glock 17

This one, shipped with the original stock heavy recoil spring setup, gave me nothing but stovepipes (in ~1500+ rounds I had 1 stovepipe every 100 rounds) with both target and hot NATO-spec/Self Defense rounds. Glock shipped me the revised lighter "02" recoil setup and it's been 100% since [grin]

IMG_8874.jpg

IMG_8891.jpg

IMG_8789.jpg

Very nice Hanwei.

How did you support the gun and what did you use for a background?

Hey Paul... This is what I use as a light box and lighting. Pretty simple DIY project. I used an empty 20ga shell to prop up the Glocks (I use whatever is handy at the moment)... and used thick black paper as the background (set up as the red paper is below).

IMG_4044.jpg

Last edited:
a couple of crappy pictures of my new 1911 completed by Greg Derr...This is my first 1911 but won't be my last. Built on a Caspian XR Recon Frame and Slide with wilson combat and ed brown parts

40e4db65.jpg

dc9664c3.jpg

Picked this up for short money on Saturday. Went to my local gun shop just as a friend was handing it over to the owner. He needed money right then so I asked what he wanted and gave it to him.

When I was able to put a light through the bore it was very dark but some cleaning made the lands and grooves stand out fairly well. Still some junk down there but I'm working on it. Serial number puts it about January 1943 and it was re-barrelled in 1965.

IMG_0211.jpg

Hey Paul... This is what I use as a light box and lighting. Pretty simple DIY project. I used an empty 20ga shell to prop up the Glocks (I use whatever is handy at the moment)... and used thick black paper as the background (set up as the red paper is below).

IMG_4044.jpg

Thanks Hanwei!

I knew you had the lightbox but for some reason, those shots looked a bit different.

I need to make one of those for myself.

So the fun truck just stopped by...

_MediaCard_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00062.jpg

The Sage and my tired, old Armscorp are now off to Smith Enterprise for some rebuilding and accurizing.

Now to stop wasting time and pick a glass. [mg]

Back
Top Bottom