New Acquisitions for December 2006

Here are my purchases for December. No doubt I will want more, but if things get tight fast in 07 I at least have most of what I want (coupled with what I already have).

Socom II
Dec-4.jpg

Norinco MAK-90
Dec-3.jpg

Russian VEPR .308
Dec.jpg

Romanian WASR-10
AK002.jpg

Now I just have to put it together... Stag lower(from pete in NH) with a 16" delton kit with flat top upper... I think I really like the choice of green.

DSC03226.jpg

DSC03224.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, some of you guys sure must have a VERY large nest egg sitting around! (Goose & Fred)

I'm totally jealous. Goose, let us know how that Socom II functions for you. I've been eying one of those lately. Just not sure if I want the Socom or Socom II. Then again, maybe I should hunt around for a scout squad.

Picked up the High Standard Tournament model today for $325. Excellent condition not used very much. And then, a friend gives me her father's rifle he was holding on to. It appears to be a Japanese T-38. The bayo is in great shape and a razor.

Guess it was my day for a change

hstandard1kt8.jpg

jap1uc6.jpg

Para Ordnance P18.9

Probably my last purchase for 2006. With the increasing prices on ammo I figured I could get a lot of range use out of a 9mm. The only 9 I had was a Glock 26 and to me isn't much fun to shoot. So I had thought about a Hi-Power or a SW 952. Para Ordnance came in under the radar, 9mm double stack, on a 1911 platform which I am already a fan of. It was love at first sight and I had to have her. I readily thew my plastic over and took her home, field stripped and cleaned off the packing grease. Can't wait to get a few rounds through on Sat.

para.jpg

Probably my last purchase for 2006. With the increasing prices on ammo I figured I could get a lot of range use out of a 9mm. The only 9 I had was a Glock 26 and to me isn't much fun to shoot. So I had thought about a Hi-Power or a SW 952. Para Ordnance came in under the radar, 9mm double stack, on a 1911 platform which I am already a fan of. It was love at first sight and I had to have her. I readily thew my plastic over and took her home, field stripped and cleaned off the packing grease. Can't wait to get a few rounds through on Sat.

para.jpg

ooooo..... a shiny new para [grin] I hope to find a para or two in my gun safe someday.

Here's what I was waiting for today...

I present to you Boris & Natasha, my Nagant revolvers.

The target model has nicly checkered, palm filling walnut grips with a big thumbrest on the side. There's no ejection rod because one won't fit with the 6" bull barrel there. The front sight adjusts for elevation but she shoots optmisticaly high at fifty feet. I expected the rear sight to be some kind of add-on but the frame is actually milled with the high, broad rear sight mount.
She will only fire single action, pulling the trigger a second time rotates the cylinder but won't cock & trip the hammer. This one came out fo the Tula arsenal in 1936.

The revolver on the bottom also came out of the Tula arsenal but in 1940. This one has the 4" regular barrel, fixed sights and Beech grips. Accuracy is ok in that I kept all seven rounds on a 8X11 sheet of paper.

Both were obtained from seperate sources and are in excellent condition. Both came with holsters but the holster for the target gun was new and made out of fake leather.

I already have one .32acp conversion cylinder in my grubby mitts with another on the way. Now I get to spend a few days taking these babies apart to de-cosmoline them and lube 'em up right ! [smile]

BothNagantsA.jpg

Nice set there Mr Twigg. I thought about getting a target model for a while now and still may someday.
Was also noticing that bench looks just like the ones at Sippican where I shoot, shells stuck in there and all.

A year ago this weekend, I went to Four Seasons to purchase my very first handgun after getting my LTC a couple weeks before. After careful research, I was down to deciding between a Glock, a 1911, or a P99. I tried them all at the store, and finally decided on the P99, because at the time, it had a slightly better feel in my hand to me than the Glock. I really wanted a 1911, but decided it wasn't the best choice for a first handgun. But, I made a deal with myself that if after a year, I was still a gun enthusiast, rather than being changed into just a gun owner, I'd get one. I hit Four Seasons this morning after not being able to find something locally:

1911_1.jpg

A little bit of wear evident, but she shoots sweet.A little to the left, but I'm not sure yet if it's me or the gun. I'll know as I get used to it.

Last edited:
A year ago this weekend, I went to Four Seasons to purchase my very first handgun after getting my LTC a couple weeks before. After careful research, I was down to deciding between a Glock, a 1911, or a P99. I tried them all at the store, and finally decided on the P99, because at the time, it had a slightly better feel in my hand to me than the Glock. I really wanted a 1911, but decided it wasn't the best choice for a first handgun. But, I made a deal with myself that if after a year, I was still a gun enthusiast, rather than being changed into just a gun owner, I'd get one. I hit Four Seasons this morning after not being able to find something locally:

1911_1.jpg

A little bit of wear evident, but she shoots sweet.A little to the left, but I'm not sure yet if it's me or the gun. I'll know as I get used to it.

Yep, your screwed. I figured at one time to get a 1911. I finally purchased one from S&W and fell in love with it. I now own three and am looking for more all the time. Screwed I say. [wink]

Congratulations Tele_Mark ! That's nice, I think if I try it I'll have to run out and get one of my own. 1911 fever isn't contagious, is it ?

I got me a plain ol boring EBR. I haven't put it together yet, but will do so when it is assembled. Hopefully, it will look just like this (with no extra parts lying around):

stag_arms_model2big.gif

Congratulations Tele_Mark ! That's nice, I think if I try it I'll have to run out and get one of my own. 1911 fever isn't contagious, is it ?

We'll find out![smile] Did you shoot one of Jim's or Weer'd Beard's 1911 yesterday? That gave me the final nudge over the point of no return! Of course, now I've got to set up to support and reload another caliber.

Oh yeah -- and another CTAC holster.

Last edited:
Pilgrim... I just missed you todat at Stricklands. I was there to get a Romanian SKS off one of the guys who works there. Did you get the bayonet from there?

sam...nice fal...is it dsa?

jon...where did ya get the lower from? i planned on goin out nad gettin 2 or 3 lowers today but that idea never panned out

however...i do have a new gun to post on here which ill do in a few

Barb and I went up to Collectors in Stoneham. I went to buy something else. I didn't see what I wanted and on the way out, I saw someone buying a lower. I didn't know they had them and asked how much. We went to the car, I sat there and said "Hell, I might as well get something." I went back in and bought it. $135 pus tax.
Ya, I could have bought it cheaper but I like Collectors and I was there. If I mail ordered one, the Xfer would have been $25 so it all comes out in the end.
I think he had RRA for like $185.

Back
Top Bottom