• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for December 2012

Just picked this up. A Steyr Hahn Model 1911/12 made in 1917. It is chambered for 9mm Steyr and came with a half dozen stripper clips and 4 boxes of ammo. I immediately hit the range with it and fired off 50 rds. It had a couple of stove pipes, but otherwise shot well enough. It is not a carry gun and at almost 100 years old it shoots well enough. This pistol was actually a commercial success at the time with over 300,000 being made. The world had not decided that the detachable magazine was the way to go yet and this one was adopted by the military in Austria, Romania, Hungary and in South America. A cool piece of history that still goes bang.

Steyr008.jpg

Steyr003.jpg

Steyr006.jpg

Steyr007.jpg

Very nice! You're lucky to get several stripper clips along with her. They are pretty rare even in Europe.
The script on the ammo box makes me believe that it has been made by Geco (Gustav Genschow), subsidiary
of RWS, and has been marked "MARCA AVION" for the (South American?) distributer.

I am hoping that one of these months, hopefully this month I will be able to post my new SW M&P Shiled 9mm. But who knows??

I am focused on collecting the M&P line and have a good start, but right now this is the missing link!!

Last edited:
Newly finished today by my kid for me:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354426781.317557.jpg

DGW Lower
DPMS Upper 20" Bull Stainless Steel
DPMS LPK
ACE Skeleton Stock and Hogue Grip
Magpul Trigger Card

Now with the Nikon M-223 BDC:

daguvesa.jpg

Last edited:
Just picked this up. A Steyr Hahn Model 1911/12 made in 1917. It is chambered for 9mm Steyr and came with a half dozen stripper clips and 4 boxes of ammo. I immediately hit the range with it and fired off 50 rds. It had a couple of stove pipes, but otherwise shot well enough. It is not a carry gun and at almost 100 years old it shoots well enough. This pistol was actually a commercial success at the time with over 300,000 being made. The world had not decided that the detachable magazine was the way to go yet and this one was adopted by the military in Austria, Romania, Hungary and in South America. A cool piece of history that still goes bang.

Steyr008.jpg

Nice addition to any collection.

For some reason that gun gives off a serious sci-fi vibe, like Han Solo or Rick Deckard would carry it (didn't even occur to me until after I had written it that they were both played by Harrison Ford). Gorgeous acquisition.

Just picked this up. A Steyr Hahn Model 1911/12 made in 1917.
Steyr008.jpg

I will own a LWRC like that by the end of 2013. Maybe 16" though. You could take down a horde of Zombies at like 500yds easily with a beast like that. Drooooool.

That rifle is getting neg repped. WTF????? [laugh]

That is 1 sweet looking barrel too. What the hell is that??

Spiral fluting... Thankfully when the 14.5" version of the REPR was proposed for a limited production run, they chose to make them with the spiral fluting.

- - - Updated - - -

Jealousy... that's what that is... God I wish I could afford that, then again, I do have TWO kidneys.

And I now have one... join the club! [crying]

Someone at the range (BRP) was kind enough to let me shoot a few rounds through their AR with an Elcan on top a couple of weeks back. That is one nice optic.

Back
Top Bottom