• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for February 2008

A couple of bolt guns:

two_rifles.jpg

The No5 Mk1 is is stamped "FMP" which I believe indicates that it was in Malaysia. The receiver, stock, and magazine match. The bolt isn't marked. The bore looks new except for a little pitting. I'm impressed by how light and handy this rifle is... about the same size as a M38 Mosin but lighter.

The Yugo 24/47 is all matching, has a walnut stock, and is mint inside and out (except for handling marks).

Very nice pick ups! Can't wait for a range report on that Number 5. I've heard that the "light and handy" matched to the .303 makes for quite a felt recoil. Let us know how it shoots.

Chris

I was hoping to be the first for February, but I got my 2nd 1911 today at four seasons!
47b8dc20b3127cceb536ab01cdef00000026100AbOHLVs5YuGMA

S&W 1911Sc Commander. Joins its older Brother my first-gen Stainless S&W 1911
47b8dc20b3127cceb536ab03cded00000026100AbOHLVs5YuGMA

The Stainless fullsize I had Greg Durr do a lot of work on to get the way I like, with this one I think all it needs is a GI Guide rod. I can just drop one right in, right?

This should go well with the aquisition I'll post for the end of the Month [smile] Stay tuned!

Arrrrrr

I went up to State Line Gun Shop in Mason this morning to pick up some Titegroup to do a run of .45ACP. Ends up they were out of stock. I hate wasting a trip, so I ended up coming home with this:

ar.jpg

This was an impulse buy at its finest. I know next to nothing about these things. About the only thing I knew to ask, from reading this forum, was whether the barrel was .223 or 5.56. I was told it's 5.56 -- that's good, right?

I've been procrastinating about jumping on the EBR bandwagon for awhile. Now, it's looking like we'll end up with garbage in the White House from either party, and we already got garbage in the Governor's mansion, so I figured no better time than now. Besides, I needed something for the 300 yard range at Harvard.

It's a DPMS lower, no clue what the upper is. It has a pretty sweet trigger, which was one of the things mentioned on the tag under a generic "custom features". I think one of the others was the removable carry handle for easy mounting of optics. Will be bringing it to No. Leominster tomorrow to try out.

Good point. I was actully looking for the term for a standard lenth rod. I knew the rod and spring in my full-size won't fit the commander. And recomendations?

What are you intending to do with it? Do you want to replace the existing recoil system with a different one? What is in there now? IIRC the original S&W system should be a Commander length guide rod, not the original Colt system (which I am drawing a blank on my self).

About the only thing I knew to ask, from reading this forum, was whether the barrel was .223 or 5.56. I was told it's 5.56 -- that's good, right?

For a service-type rifle, that is what you want, a 5.56 chamber. That way you can use military 5.56 and civilian .223 ammo.

Weer'd,

Nice pick-up! I came DAMN close to buying that gun, too... Good thing something else caught my eye... [wink]

I was hoping to be the first for February, but I got my 2nd 1911 today at four seasons!
47b8dc20b3127cceb536ab01cdef00000026100AbOHLVs5YuGMA

S&W 1911Sc Commander. Joins its older Brother my first-gen Stainless S&W 1911
47b8dc20b3127cceb536ab03cded00000026100AbOHLVs5YuGMA

The Stainless fullsize I had Greg Durr do a lot of work on to get the way I like, with this one I think all it needs is a GI Guide rod. I can just drop one right in, right?

This should go well with the aquisition I'll post for the end of the Month [smile] Stay tuned!

Arrrrrr

Just picked up this '97 Smith 586-4. It's a pre-lock .357 with a 4" barrel, and factory synthetic grips.
This one happens to have a serial number that matches its model number (sn XXX5864) and an assembly number on the yoke that matches my wedding anniversary month and day. I guess the gun gods intended me to have this one all along.

586-4.jpg

Score !

Just scored this Walther PPk in .380 Auto of 1970, completing the PP and PPk part of my collection in all calibers available.
Now holding my breath for another 15 mins, waiting for an auction for
a Star B to end

PPk2.jpg

PPk1.jpg

PPk3.jpg

Thanks, Chris !
It was comparably cheap, as the auction board went down a few minutes before the auction ended[rofl]
Couldn't complain at approx. $ 240[smile]

Unfortunately someone else was a bit ambitious for the Star.
Can't win all of the time....
The next one is coming up on the radar on Friday.

Last edited:
Dang !

Holy cow ! I went back to work full time and haven't had the time to check out this thread for a while and look what happens !

Nicely done gentlemen. Nicely done indeed. [smile]

Weer'd 1911's are addicting, arent they ? I want a Commander size so bad...

Mark, you know I've got to try that AR, I'll bring ammo next time I see ya !

As for the rest of youse mugs, I'm so jealous.... [laugh]

What are you intending to do with it? Do you want to replace the existing recoil system with a different one? What is in there now? IIRC the original S&W system should be a Commander length guide rod, not the original Colt system (which I am drawing a blank on my self).

I just want a standard solid Spring retention plugs, not the plug with the hole for the full-lenth rod to travel through.

Yeah 1911s are addictive as hell, I'm gonna need to get a bunch more before I'm through.

Glad you didn't grab it, Jay, that would have broken my heart!

What did you pick up?

Arrrrr

Here is my new toy for the month so far. It is a TNW SA MG34, belt fed 8mm big ass heavy gun (this thing weighs 26lb). I have wanted one of these for long time. I can't wait to go out and shoot it.

DSC03536.jpg

DSC03537.jpg

DSC03538.jpg

DSC03539.jpg

DSC03540.jpg

DSC03541.jpg

Back
Top Bottom