New acquisitions for February 2009!

One of those was my second gun. I got rid of it in 1983 -- wish I still had it.
One of those was my second gun as well. I think i bought it in 1983. i still have it. I haven't shot it in years but I do remember it had FTF issues. I think dremmeling a slight feed ramp in the end of the barrel would solve it.

One of those was my second gun as well. I think i bought it in 1983. i still have it. I haven't shot it in years but I do remember it had FTF issues. I think dremmeling a slight feed ramp in the end of the barrel would solve it.

Did you buy it from some kid in Acton (or the gun shop that was in Acton at the time) by any chance? I forget if I sold it FTF or thru the mentioned gun shop -- I THINK I bought it there though. I'm PRETTY sure I sold it in a FTF outside that same gun store. It was a satin silver model.

Got a bonus at work yesterday and I felt that I needed something else to change it up at the range. I knew a 1911 was somewhere in my future as it was one of my favorite guns I shot with Mike-Mike when he did my Basic Pistol class. I picked it up a Four Seasons and I definitely thank those who helped me (I think it was Matt and Mike ??? ) and went out of their way to explain things and set me off right.

I ended up going with the railed model mostly because I liked how the added weight balanced it out. First 1911 range report to come. :)

DSC_0009.jpg

Doing my part..one more Zombie Killer, pre-ban into MA for the short month of February
Ruger Mini 14GB 182-xxxx

Mini14GB-1.jpg

I've always wanted one of those but every one I've seen just seems like I shouldn't spend that much cash.

Definitely a great addition to any collection!

I was hoping to close out February with a kick ass find but mine will only be held in the eyes of the milsurp folks and why not? [laugh]

Heres one I've been in search of for a few years (at an affordable price), an early 1950 Russian SKS complete with spring loaded firing pin, hole in the receiver latch, square gas block, rounded bayonet lug, rear sight and receiver differences, etc. that set it apart from all the other Russian SKS models. #70 for a serial digit number.

These early models were made from late 1949 (which is tops on my checklist) and early 1950. The most noteable difference is the script like stamp on the receiver cover.

This rifle is a refurb but still a rarity for its features, a great buy for what I scored it for from GB, and a spot in my SKS collection that was sorely needed!

50sks2.jpg

50sks1.jpg

My new summer conceal carry!!!

Just picked up a little something for my summer conceal carry -in 45-70

Pictured next to a Colt Anaconda 6" barrel in 44 mag to show the difference in size.

DSC00425.jpg

DSC00426.jpg

DSC00427.jpg

DSC00428.jpg

DSC00429.jpg

DSC00430.jpg

Enjoy!!

Thanks for looking

Fred

Back
Top Bottom