New Acquisitions for February 2021

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Personally, I don't care if you post your new son, dog, or truck....but some do.

Pistol 3/3 from recent trading/selling. I'm reconstructing my WW2 German - German Occupation part of 7.65mm (.32acp) pistol collection. This a late 1944 phosphate finish Czech CZ27. Full rig, matched. Illegible Vet initials and WaA ink stamp inside holster flap. An occupation Hungarian Femaru M37 and French Ruby remain on my list.
t
IMG_2755.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2752.jpeg
    IMG_2752.jpeg
    643.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2753.jpeg
    IMG_2753.jpeg
    579.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2754.jpeg
    IMG_2754.jpeg
    634.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2771.jpeg
    IMG_2771.jpeg
    477.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2772.jpeg
    IMG_2772.jpeg
    846.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Finally made it to the dealer to pick up my new toys today. Technically, they were purchased in Jan but I didn't pick up until today so here we go:

1. Kalashnikov USA KS-12T AK Style Shotgun in 12 Gauge. I missed out on the Saigas from years ago and didn't want that to happen again. I bought a 20rd Drum and a couple spare 10rd mags for it as well, why not?

KS12-1.jpg

KS12-2.jpg

2. Kalashnikov USA KR9 Rifle in 9mm. I wanted a 9mm AK "style" rifle range toy which sounds silly with the way ammo prices are but who knows what will happen with bans? I figure I'd buy the gun now and worry about the ammo later. I have a 5x pack of 30rd mags in the mail and picked up a 50rd drum because, why not?
KR9-1.jpg

KR9-2.jpg

3. Rock Island Armory VRBP-100 Bullpup Shotgun in 12gauge. These looked like fun and for $599 plus shipping can you really go wrong? This was the cheapest out of the 3 and looks to have the nicest finish and build quality. Really looking forward to shooting this one! Being a bullpup, the drum mags are in the way so they sell a totally ridiculous 19rd "banana mag" and again I figured, why not? It's totally impractical and looks so silly I had to have one. It comes with 2x 5rd mags and I have 2x 9rd mags on backorder.

VRBP100-1.jpg

VRBP100-2.jpg

Finally made it to the dealer to pick up my new toys today. Technically, they were purchased in Jan but I didn't pick up until today so here we go:

1. Kalashnikov USA KS-12T AK Style Shotgun in 12 Gauge. I missed out on the Saigas from years ago and didn't want that to happen again. I bought a 20rd Drum and a couple spare 10rd mags for it as well, why not?

View attachment 445285

View attachment 445286

2. Kalashnikov USA KR9 Rifle in 9mm. I wanted a 9mm AK "style" rifle range toy which sounds silly with the way ammo prices are but who knows what will happen with bans? I figure I'd buy the gun now and worry about the ammo later. I have a 5x pack of 30rd mags in the mail and picked up a 50rd drum because, why not?
View attachment 445287

View attachment 445289

3. Rock Island Armory VRBP-100 Bullpup Shotgun in 12gauge. These looked like fun and for $599 plus shipping can you really go wrong? This was the cheapest out of the 3 and looks to have the nicest finish and build quality. Really looking forward to shooting this one! Being a bullpup, the drum mags are in the way so they sell a totally ridiculous 19rd "banana mag" and again I figured, why not? It's totally impractical and looks so silly I had to have one. It comes with 2x 5rd mags and I have 2x 9rd mags on backorder.

View attachment 445293

View attachment 445294
o_O:)o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

I haven’t had a chance to contribute to these threads in a while, but I picked this thing up today and am hoping to get to the range this weekend.

Hopefully it doesn’t blow up on me since it‘s just plastic garbage 🤪

Attachments

• 4F8FC179-CC64-483E-8B07-CE43DD172B88.jpeg
    4F8FC179-CC64-483E-8B07-CE43DD172B88.jpeg
    517.6 KB · Views: 76
Nice find on the 8mm mauser m70

Yeah, I had to get the M70 because its in 8mm and it also has double set triggers. The unset front trigger is two-stage and about five to six pounds. The set trigger itself is a bit heavy but no problem. When set, the front trigger is probably a pound or two. There's a screw to adjust the weight of the front set trigger, but I like it where it is for now.

image_16822273.JPGimage_67177217.JPG
first up is actually an acquisition from last month. Winchester 1200 I had chopped down. gonna be a house warming gift for my best friend when he closes on his home soon. every home should have a good home defense shotgun, no? second is for me. a new upper for my skorpion, because well, skorpion. cheers

I have been looking for this exact pistol.

It seems decent - shooting it this weekend. The trigger needs work IMHO. It has a lot of take up but a light clean break. It’s my first XD and only my second .45.... that’s why I bought it, I wanted a second without breaking the bank. Bought this in the NES classifieds- new for $450

View attachment 447789View attachment 447790
first up is actually an acquisition from last month. Winchester 1200 I had chopped down. gonna be a house warming gift for my best friend when he closes on his home soon. every home should have a good home defense shotgun, no? second is for me. a new upper for my skorpion, because well, skorpion. cheers
Wow! I don’t see those skorpions very often.

It seems decent - shooting it this weekend. The trigger needs work IMHO. It has a lot of take up but a light clean break. It’s my first XD and only my second .45.... that’s why I bought it, I wanted a second without breaking the bank. Bought this in the NES classifieds- new for $450
is it the 3.3" barrel?

Wow! I don’t see those skorpions very often.
they're fun little shooters. the stock is more like a brace by todays standards, and just plain looks neat. reminds me of being 007 playing goldeneye as a kid. 32acp is a great round. wish I could suppress it here in MA...but alas...to dream. new upper is 22lr. I wouldn't mind a 9mm mak upper but you literally have to get the email these are in stock, and immediately go to the site and purchase it. these uppers sold out in less than 15 hours. currently having a mag issue with one of the 22 mags. seems to be a known issue for some others in this batch too. reading about it on another forum. will have to figure that out, but they're both lots of fun!

So this L1A1 (SLR) was technically a January acquisition, but I finally got the right furniture installed and here she is. This is what the Aussies were carrying in Vietnam around 1967; the receiver is an IMBEL, the rest of the metal is all early-sixties Lithgow, the furniture is all coachwood. It came with the Century UK-style plastic handguards, which are perfectly fine... but I wanted wood. That got sourced from all sorts of places.

Buttstock's a Slazenger from 1966. I can't find any marks on the rest of the wood.
L1A1.JPG

Last edited:
Handful of Ballistic Advantage paperweights that I ordered last month arrived today. One will almost certainly grow up to be a suppressed 300blk pistol. No immediate plans for the others just yet, but I’m open to ideas!

Attachments

• 4CD4334D-A1CB-4F0E-A7F5-7E8073A2344B.jpeg
    4CD4334D-A1CB-4F0E-A7F5-7E8073A2344B.jpeg
    421.8 KB · Views: 52
Back
Top Bottom