• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for January 2013

Let the buying spree continue...........

Why are people starting these "New Acquisitions" threads without actually posting a new acquisition ?

Here is a wicked crappy photo of some new magazines for my December acquisition
2012-12-29_16-53-21_172.jpg

Now I'll be honest, they were delivered yesterday, but I just opened the package today. That counts right?

December acquisition again
Advantage Arms 22 target kit for 1911
2012-12-10_16-54-11_95-1.jpg

Technically this was a December purchase but it is fully up and running as of today and is a big part of my New Year's resolution to venture into Walmart as little as possible.........seemed intimidating at first but it is actually very simple [grin]

DSCN0107.jpg
DSCN0110.jpg
DSCN0109.jpg

First! Oh, wait.... [rolleyes]

Oh and though I got these on the last day of December actually, figured I'd try to contribute. Actual BRW S-I's, and thankfully at a fair price.

usgi_brw.jpg

Rock River Arms LAR-15 Entry Operator 2 with vertically adjustable RRA A2 buttstock, chrome bolt group, forged changing handle and NM 2-stage trigger. Great workmanship! Also a few Colt unused but pre-ban mags that I've had stashed for years. Troy VTAC handguard, YHM low-pro gas block, JP offset iron sights, Vortex scope, and PIG sling inbound. Sorry for the low quality cell phone photo.

RRALAR-15ET2Rev_zps58906eb7.jpg

Can you tell me anything about this work bench? DIY or complete/kit? I am looking to do one in a hardwood surface but have not decided yet on buying or putting something together of my own, and that setup is pretty sweet man.

Thanks! I bought the bench from Sears, it is a Gladiator brand. Very heavy duty, 6ft model, and the height is adjustable. They only had one in stock at the Taunton store, but you can order one and have it delivered for pick up at the store.

Not much, but figure I would get a couple of these guys. And no, I don't have an AR yet!

Attachments

• IMAG0248.jpg
    IMAG0248.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 154
1980 Browning 2000 (one of the last Belgian made Brownings). This was my dad's duck gun from 1980 until 1992. He bought it back in 1980 when working at a sports shop in Jersey and said he doesn't get to shoot it enough where he lives now in NJ, so he left it with me after visiting for the holiday. He told me that he opened at least 20 boxes before picking this one for the best figuring in the wood. It hadn't been fired it for 20 years until today when I took him up to a spot I shoot at on some WMNF land. He brought up his old clay bird thrower, and we shot through a box of shells. Gun still cycled beautifully and looks brand new. I can't wait to pass this down to one of my kids when I eventually have one.

429131_828507258097_252030946_n.jpg

Also got a dog. Her name is Callie. She's cool. So is the girl friend.

71626_828507188237_1399367454_n.jpg

Not really a big acquisition but in these FR times I was lucky to get a DPMS LPK for my Detroit Gun Works build. I'll have a much bigger post sometime this week. [wink]

xngdcj.jpg

Same LPK I bought for my LRB build. I actually am very happy with the kit. Works very well IMHO. The trigger is pretty good too.

So, today was like Christmas for me! I got a bunch of stuff I ordered at the end of last month, some pre-crazyness, some post.

In the Picture we have:
2 Complete Uppers
2 New Frontier Polymer Lowers
2 CMMG LPK
1 DPMS LPK
1 M4 Hard Guard Set
1 Hearing Protection
1 16" M4 5.56 Barrel
1 CCI 22LR
1 ARFCOM BCG

IMAG0042.jpg

In this picture, the pretty M&P 9 that I put a deposit on today :)
IMAG0041.jpg

Last edited:
So, today was like Christmas for me! I got a bunch of stuff I ordered at the end of last month, some pre-crazyness, some post.

In the Picture we have:
2 Complete Uppers
2 New Frontier Polymer Lowers
2 CMMG LPK
1 DPMS LPK
1 M4 Hard Guard Set
1 Hearing Protection
1 16" M4 5.56 Barrel
1 CCI 22LR
1 ARFCOM BCG

View attachment 48712

In this picture, the pretty M&P 9 that I put a deposit on today :)
View attachment 48713

How's the quality on the lower ? I have one on the way.

Overall, they're not bad. They definitely don't feel like a forged lower, and they have the seams across the middle where the parts were joined, but a little sanding should bring that right down.

As for tolerances, I put one of the uppers on it and it was a little tight, but not hard to get together. And the bolt catch fits better than it did on the forged lower I tried to assemble this week.

1C1F4628-569A-4020-AD8A-9A9C7BAA7F32-10849-0000116B758BC369.jpg

new grips for the 686 these seem to fit my hand so much better! oh and i dont think i ever posted the 686 when i bought it! wait until you see my next post though...muahaha

Herdbull - Al, great looking setup! I need to check it out sometime.

My new aquistion should be here this weekend: STI lawman 5.0 45ACP (Brown/tan combo)

pix640876717.jpg

pix187510198.jpg

Back
Top Bottom