• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for March 2009!

SemiAutoSam

Banned
Its a new month post what ya brung home.

Here is a new DSA FAL I just bought.

Including this one will make 6 or maybe 7 I lost count.

Will have it in my hands in TWO WEEKS.

http://www.dsarms.com/STG58-Austrian-FAL-Carbine-Rifle-308-Cal/productinfo/STG58C18/
STG58C.gif

Well yes now that ya mention it.

I waited for about 2 minutes to make up my mind that I wanted it or not and the wanted it part won out.

The two weeks wait time is most likely just the time from DSA to the guy that's selling it into the hands of my FFL.

And then there is another 10 days wait time from when my dealer starts what we call the DROS (Dealers Report of Sale) until I can pick it up.

So in all reality it turns into just about a month.

But I am working on 3 other DSA FALs so no big deal.

#1 a Stainless steel DSA Carbine that I'm turning into a 18 inch paratrooper.

#2 a DSA Type 1 FAL Receiver that I'm turning into a pistol.

#3 DSA FAL that is going to become a Heavy barrel 21 inch long distance nail driver.

Oh and I also have about 10 or so DSA lowers that are almost here.

I guess I should have bought stock in DSA.

Very nice.

Aside from the current two weeks, did you have any other wait time?

Wow. I guess you are going to be busy for the foreseeable future.

My FFL ordered the standard FAL with muzzle break in early January and he was told that it would be April or May before the rifle shipped.

niiiiiice. I didn't buy anything for the month of February. It seems like its been forever since i bought something. If the reviews keep going good for the PPS I am going to pick one up. So far so good I'm just waiting a little longer. Its hard though.

My son's first milsurp ... Russian Mosin Nagant, 1942. The crappy pictures don't do it justice, but I couldn't wait for natural light.

mosinnagant2.jpg

Gringo's post inspired me to post my latest. Actually, it's been on layaway for a couple of months, but since I made the last payment, it should be here this week.

Vz-52-57Rifle.jpg

For those of you not familiar with these rifles, it's a Czech Vz-52/57 in 7.62x39. My Vz-52 (in the original 7.62x45 caliber) needed some company.

I'll post some better pictures in Milsurps once it shows up.

Back
Top Bottom