• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for March 2009!

Lots of new stuff this month. Hardigg Storm iM3200 case, 20" colt flattop upper, 16" Bushmaster A2 upper w/BCG, couple of ARMS S.I.R. systems, new Stag complete lower with a big ass bolt release latch and some kind of aftermarket trigger, and my newly completed NES lower which Fooped pretty much built for me while I stood next to him drinking coffee and bitching about women.

newparts_001.jpg

newparts_002.jpg

newparts_003.jpg

newparts_004.jpg

newparts_005.jpg

...and finally, my latest acquisition this month:
newcat_001.jpg

newcat_002.jpg

Here's mine circa 1978, 8 3/8" barrel. The only downside is it's expensive to feed!

DSC_4316.jpg

I finally got one of my 'holy grails'.!!!!!

I've been wanting a real "Dirty Harry" gun for a long time but never sound one in good enough condition or priced right. I found this absolutely mint (I can't find a flaw on it anywhere) SW29-2 in the wooden presentation box with papers and tools. The flocking on the box is pretty rough so I won't show it here, but the wood is very good. I'm going to recover the interior and I'll show you when it's done.

The 29-2 6 1/2 incher was made in 1973 and is as good as you can find. "Do you feel lucky, punk? Well do ya?"

Yup, I sure do!

As usual, the pic doesn't do it justice. I appears there is a problem with the bluing on the front of and above the extractor housing but it's bad lighting. As usual, the S&W bluing is about 10 feet deep.

29_2left%20800x477.jpg

Richc,

You've got yourself a Scorpion clone in 9mm, not a Tec-9 clone. Leinad is Daniel backwards, as in the D in SWD. From what I understand, when the Federal ban went into effect, SWD started making PM-11s, SWD was later sued out of existence, and Sylvia and Wayne split (the S and W in SWD). Leinad was the company Wayne later started, and made some M-11 type pistols. He experimented with other things as well, including the Scorpions. It's an odd duck, that's for sure. I would definitely shoot it, or at least try! You'll find that your pistol will use Zytel M-11 type mags, but they may need to be modified. (The other US made Scorpion clone (by a company called Armicus), in 9mm also, which looks similar to the one you have, uses modified M11 mags.)

--EasyD

See what happens when you combine a couple of gin & tonics, a computer with internet connection and gunbroker?

pix601342109.jpg

I'm really not proud of this one... probably the only redeeming characteristics are the price ($320) and the serial number (000009). I'm not sure I'll even fire this beast!

Anyone ever see or hear of this company or gun? It is a 9mm and a Tec-9 knockoff... that is about all I know.

Rich

Last edited:
My last acquisition for March arrived this afternoon. It is a Montana Vintage Arms Mid Range Soule sight for my Pedersoli Sharps Long Range Express rifle with a Hadley style magnum eye cup with adjustable peep holes. This is truly a precision instrument and a work of art in it's own right. I am told that this sight is good out to 700 - 800 yards which is way further then I can even see. I am hoping (and praying) to be able to clang some metal in the 200 - 300 yards area. This is a whole new ball game for me.

MVA003.jpg

Here is my latest acquisition. No, it's not the AR. That is still being built. It's the stand!

Beautifully built by cabrio330. Thanks again for this!

arstand.jpg

Back
Top Bottom