• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for March 2013

I just extended my evil black shotgun with +12. So 12+14+1 = 27 rds of 2 3/4 inch 12 gauge shotshell. Is this as evil as AR?

58d3122d-cb58-43ec-af87-8547cca551ac_zpsf9abbe4a.jpg

Place holder for something "sweet-sour" to hopefully make it home on the 21st.

Here we go:
Chinese Type 17 Broomhandle, copy of the Mauser C-96 in.................drumroll .45 ACP.
It's currently unclear whether she is an original gun made by the Taiyuan Arsenal, Province Shansi in 1928/29
or one out of a batch of copies made in the late 80's. Tends to be the latter. Unfortunately, she had to be re-
proofed upon importation to Germany. The stripper clips shown are Swedish Mauser clips which supposedly
work best; takes two clips of 5 rounds to fully load the beast.
I picked her up today from an American citizen who has worked as an advisor for the U.S. Forces in Germany
and is now retiring to the U.S.. Thanks to Slick Willie Klinton's ban on the import of Chinese firearms ATF wouldn't
let him take the gun back to the States.
The pistol is probably as big and heavy like minininjer[rofl]

A big THANK YOU goes to 30Mauser and June4th.
Ted for passing the for sale ad to me and Yang for de-ciphering the calligraphy.
I owe these Gentlemen a beer or twentytwo!

3_zps22d41cce.png

2_zpsbbabe7f0.png

5_zpsc37c66e1.png

4_zpsbfaf524b.png

1_zpsc6de2907.png

6_zpsc4ff643e.png

Last edited:
A couple pics of my new S&W 9mm Shield, just back from Greg Derr for a trigger job and red Dawson front fiber sight.

With the 8 round mag
Shield1.jpg

With the 7 round mag
Shield2.jpg

Here we go:
Chinese Type 17 Broomhandle, copy of the Mauser C-96 in.................drumroll .45 ACP.
It's currently unclear whether she is an original gun made by the Taiyuan Arsenal, Province Shansi in 1928/29
or one out of a batch of copies made in the late 80's. Tends to be the latter. Unfortunately, she had to be re-
proofed upon importation to Germany. The stripper clips shown are Swedish Mauser clips which supposedly
I picked her up today from an American citizen who has worked as an advisor for the U.S. Forces in Germany
and is now retiring to the U.S.. Thanks to Slick Willie Klinton's ban on the import of Chinese firearms ATF wouldn't

Ted for passing the for sale ad to me and Yang for de-ciphering the calligraphy.

3_zps22d41cce.png

2_zpsbbabe7f0.png

5_zpsc37c66e1.png

4_zpsbfaf524b.png

1_zpsc6de2907.png

6_zpsc4ff643e.png

Beautiful weapon.

Thanks for the pics !

Here we go:

Thanks for sharing the picture. I accidental benefit on this and learn a lot of info from June4th. Need to brush up my Chinese because I failed the test.

Congrats Juergen!

In Chinese weapon lore, the particular broomhandle is called 'Big-eyed Box Cannon'. The gov-general Yan Xishan who built Taiyuan Arsenal, was a very colorful character. Local folks have a lot of real or made-up jokes about him still.

avadedum.jpg

Just picked up this awesome Mosin Nagant from B&K Sales in Natick. The bayonet and 40 rounds of surplus ammo top the cake.

Last edited:
Here we go:

3_zps22d41cce.png

2_zpsbbabe7f0.png

5_zpsc37c66e1.png

4_zpsbfaf524b.png

1_zpsc6de2907.png

6_zpsc4ff643e.png
SO wonderfully happy for you, Jürgen! Also proud like a papa to have had some small role in facilitating this. Use it in good health! (Post videos??)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom