• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for May 2008

Very nice looking rifle. Would you mind listing the specs? How much do you think you have into it total? I'm looking to build something similar in the near future.

With scope, I have about 2 grand into it.

Here's the specs...

KIDD Stainless Steel Match Barrel 20"
KIDD Two-stage Match Trigger
KIDD Match Bolt
Hougue Overmolded Stock
Harris Bipod
BlackHawk CheekPad
Larue Tactical SPR1.5
IOR 2.5-10x42 FFP w/ Butler Creek Caps
Accu-shot Monopod
Larue Tactical Sling

Here's the specs...

KIDD Match Bolt
Hougue Overmolded Stock
Harris Bipod
BlackHawk CheekPad
Larue Tactical SPR1.5
Accu-shot Monopod
Larue Tactical Sling

Thanks for the specs. One last question, did you buy the receiver in silver or did you strip the black off an original one?

That is a beautiful 10/22 and it must shoot like a dream as well.

Thanks for the specs. One last question, did you buy the receiver in silver or did you strip the black off an original one?

That is a beautiful 10/22 and it must shoot like a dream as well.

It's a silver painted receiver, it's coated/dipped in a gray/metalic color. Watever it is - it chips something fierce on the inside of the receiver, I took my Dremel to it and just stripped the inside to bear metal, the issue seems to be the inside of the receiver only - outside seems to hold up just fine. I've read this is common with 10/22's - part of the "break in".

I'd love to polish mine up like this - I don't have the skills/hardware to do it however.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227624

The whole gun must come out of the factory in SBS or AOW form.

Benelli is not an option in MA. The GCA of 1968 banned the import of "non-sporting" firearms, including all NFA, except for a few exceptions (LE mostly). Benelli USA works around that by bringing in all there shotguns with 18" barrels, and then registering and cutting them down once they're here. Even even go so far as to have the barrels made with the sights in the correct place for the final product, but with extra barrel there to make up the length requirement.

--EasyD

So EasyD can you give me a line on some factory SBS's?

The definition of a sawed-off shotgun is pretty clear. My gun, and others that where made by the original manufacturer as SBSs or AOWs, aren't sawed-off shotguns, as defined in chapter 140 section 121. ATF NFA Branch is in the business of knowing state laws that apply to NFA items, and won't approve for MA residents Form 1s to make, or Form 4s to transfer, any shotguns that meet the MA definition of a sawed-off shotgun.

I know, I don't see anything illegal at all with what you're doing. I was just trying to impress on others reading the thread to tread carefully, and make sure they know what they're doing.

Another Walther P38 for the collection.
She's a 70's vintage with the reinforced frame and came for very small $$
P38Ulm.jpg

My two recent fun guns. CZ 752 Carbine in 7.62X39, used but like new. It came with Simmons 3-9X scope, Harris bipod, sling, ammo cuff and 5 mags. The revolver is a S&W 617 .22LR, 10 shot. I LOVE that revolver. Size, weight and feel is like a 686. Just a lot of fun to shoot!

CZ005.jpg

CZ003.jpg

Here's the specs...

KIDD Match Bolt
Hougue Overmolded Stock
Harris Bipod
BlackHawk CheekPad
Larue Tactical SPR1.5
Accu-shot Monopod
Larue Tactical Sling

Very nice 10/22! You're only missing one critical addition:
http://www.tech-sights.com/

Slap those on, and you have the perfect LTR .

May

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

New to me Browning Hi-Power. The trigger has almost certainly been worked, but curiously the magazine disconnect is still present. Would you Mass. folk not be able to remove a magazine disconnect legally?

New to me Browning Hi-Power. The trigger has almost certainly been worked, but curiously the magazine disconnect is still present. Would you Mass. folk not be able to remove a magazine disconnect legally?

There is nothing in MGLs that says you can't modify it. Hell, that's basically
the first thing I would do, to a BHP.... IIRC if done competently it also improves the trigger pull as well.

-Mike

my answer was supposed to mean, yes, it's legal. The question is a little ambiguous in it's wording.

Would you Mass. folk not be able to remove a magazine disconnect legally?

I read that as:

Wouldn't you Mass. folk be able to remove a magazine disconnect legally?

thus my answer : yup.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom