New acquisitions for May 2008

The RRA lower is a couple months old, but the PRS stock, Hogue grip, RRA 2-stage trigger, and 24" RRA Varmint upper are new. I have a 6-24x40MM Redhead scope on it that works pretty good. Put about 100 rounds threw her today, and she is accurate!

RRA_24_2.jpg

RRA_24_1.jpg

Nice pics! This is a nice rifle. I had the chance to put a few rounds through it today, and it is pretty cool to make such small groups! Can't quite do that with my irons yet!

The RRA lower is a couple months old, but the PRS stock, Hogue grip, RRA 2-stage trigger, and 24" RRA Varmint upper are new. I have a 6-24x40MM Redhead scope on it that works pretty good. Put about 100 rounds threw her today, and she is accurate!

I like it!
Pretty much what I'm going to build but will go for a Super Sniper scope because I love the way they work.

I may jump to the super sniper when I get a chance with either a Larue or AD one piece mount. Wanted to get this one out, and broken in this weekend, so Bass Pro hooked me up on the inexpensive side [grin]. I do have to give props to the scope though. I'd have to say it works just as good as my Nikon's. Plus it is nice to get up close and personal at 100 yards with the 24x [wink].

One thing I would recommend though, is if you get the chance (this may be personal preference though). You may want to go with the Varmint EOP rather than the A4. The sight sits so low with high rings that I can't use the adjustable cheek piece on the PRS. I'll need to elevate the scope with a spacer so it's more comfortable to me.

Last edited:
I got this can to hold all my ammo @ the fall river army surpluss store on south main St. and thanks to Madmarc @ ZHA I got my 20 round mag for the AK. As I was going out the door I saw Stoneypete and shot the shit with him for a few. Wow thats 2 NES members I ran into this week. I love this fourm.
Pcan20147.jpg

You got ONE ammo can to hold ALL your ammo?
happy50.gif
Man, one ammo can won't even hold all my .45 ACP!!! Or my .22LR, my 30-06, my 9mm...

As Fred says, "Buy it cheap and stack it deep!"

Of course, buying it cheap isn't real possible now.
mad0260.gif
But I don't imagine it's going to go down any, so start stocking up now for the coming Zombacalypse.

Got my Troy group buy goodies put on my DPMS AR-15, courtesy of JDL Sales. I put the Tango Down VFG and Battle grip on myself, super easy to do (and I didn't even lose the spring in the grip).

Click images to embiggen.

pdm, I like the look of the flip-up rear with the standard front sight! And jrbtzx12r, I love those stocks, thinking of making something with one eventually.

pdm, I like the look of the flip-up rear with the standard front sight! And jrbtzx12r, I love those stocks, thinking of making something with one eventually.

Thanks, I think it works pretty well. In case anyone is wondering, the webbing hanging off the back is from gearsector.com. I put one of these over the nut and attached this adapter to connect to this sling.

This was late April but I will call it May. I guess Pilgrim and I have similar taste. 1979 .44 mag, NIB never fired. My 1st effort to post pic. If I screwed it up please let me know...

IMG_1897.jpg

You had an extra "http://" in your URL and no slash in the closing "img".

Sweet gun, BTW.

I guess I have a thing for these old Rugers. I own a brand new Single Six so I just had to have this one that will remain a non-shooter: 1968, NIB & unfired. All papers to include original sales slip for $81.12

IMG_1908.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

May was a big month for me! This will be it for a while, but I finally found a MA compliant early model Gold Cup! This one was made in 1970 and is shiny new with box and papers. [grin]

IMG_1915.jpg

IMG_1931.jpg

Thanks!

Interesting info with the inflation calculator. I recently bought the same Ruger brand new for $315.00 plus tax. I paid $525.00 for the one made in 68.

I decided to get into rifles at long last. This is my first one:

It's a cute little Ruger 10/22. At first I wanted a plastic stock, but really liked how this one looked (I was also tempted to get a DPMS AR-15 they had for a reasonable price.....but I resisted):

100_3162.jpg

And so I don't need to change the magazine quite so often:

100_3164.jpg

Next I'll get a good scope and maybe a magazine release....My own little Appleseed/Liberty training rifle is on the way [grin]

Last edited:
Conga-rats on the new 10/22!

I can't see what kind of mag that is from the photo, but if it's an Eagle 30-rounder, you'll find that it won't work with the etended mag release. I'm debating selling my two Eagles for that very reason... either that, or remove the tab on them that engages the old-style release.

Also, you'll find that when you sling up, that big banana mag will be in the way. You'd be better off getting factory mags and (at most) one of those clips that lets you clip two factory mags back to back.

It was a Tactical Innovations (T125) 25 round magazine. I'm not sure if that'll work with the magazine release or not. Now I just need to find some free time to go and shoot it.

The shop I got it from also had a nice full-auto 22LR (an American 180 -- IIRC). Awesome looking weapon, came with a 180 round drum and a fire rate of 1500 rpm. The price of $9000, put it out of my reach unfortunately - but I would love have the cash and the necessary ATF documentation for it.

I decided to get into rifles at long last. This is my first one:

It's a cute little Ruger 10/22. At first I wanted a plastic stock, but really liked how this one looked (I was also tempted to get a DPMS AR-15 they had for a reasonable price.....but I resisted):

Next I'll get a good scope and maybe a magazine release....My own little Appleseed training rifle is on the way [grin]

One of these days I will be in the market, and from what I see and read, this might be the first choice!!

Back
Top Bottom