• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for May 2008

Romanian Tokarev in 7.62x25. Its in great condition. Came with a holster with cleaning rod that you can see holding the gun up in the box, and a spare magazine wrapped in paper and almost just as much cosmolene as a Yugo SKS.

100_0657.jpg

100_0656.jpg

No fancy pics yet. I just finished putting it back together and its dark out.[grin]

As he said... I have a Ruger MK I and a MK II for handguns (do NOT get the MK III unless you love guns designed by liability lawyers!!)

Dwarven1,
I have to disagree with you there. I think the MK III is far superior to the MK I and/or MK II. They finally put the magazine release where it belongs. The MK III is much better to shoot in plate/pin matches where fast reloads make a difference. I was ecstatic when the MA Compliant MK III became available as I HATED my S&W Model 22 and couldn't wait to trade it in for a Ruger MK III. I guess it just goes to prove that there's a make/model for everyone. What one person likes, someone else will hate, etc.

-Cuz.

Marc from Zero Hour PM'ed me yesterday telling me the Stag upper I ordered had come in. Problem was that it was a pre-ban upper. No problemo; some grinding, a Yankee Hill compensator and 20 minutes of Marc's time and she was good to go as a post-ban.

Here it is mated to the stripped Stag lower I put together last month (the FA-10 is already in the mail). Brings back memories of being in the service. I love the AR platform.

296445066_72MXF-O.jpg

Dwarven1,
I have to disagree with you there. I think the MK III is far superior to the MK I and/or MK II. They finally put the magazine release where it belongs. The MK III is much better to shoot in plate/pin matches where fast reloads make a difference.
Cuz, how in hell do you do a fast reload when the back of the mag base catches on your hand and won't drop free? And have you tried to CLEAN that sucker yet? The contortions you have to go through to strip it and clean it were making me long for my Mark I!!

I'm glad it works for you - it's a nice, light gun and a great shooter... but the mag safety, the goofy chamber flag, and the stupid bullshit you have to go through to strip it for cleaning just made me happy to see it gone. I picked up a Mark II for short money and I'm very happy with it.

I still have my Mark I, but I think I'll keep it... never know when you need a second (or fourth) .22 when you're taking friends to the range. [smile]

100_5544.jpg

S&W 29-3 Combat Magnum. The above is not mine but a gun just like it that I found on Gunbroker, because my camera is in Colorado at this time. Next week I will post pics of mine, but it is basically identical to that one above.

$617 OTD. [smile]

Sweet. Glad to see you back; I was wondering where you went.
I was smoking my pipe out back. [smile]

The last three months have been hell at work due to some serious quality issues that the customer demanded they be fixed and fixed forever.

Job security for the engineering manager, but at what cost.......[rolleyes]

That's a pretty good price. Aren't they over $1000 new?

They don't make that model any more, but I have a feeling that I have stumbled onto something rare and the gun shop selling it didn't know it.

The pic above is for a similar gun with a slightly newer S/N for sale on Gunbroker and they are asking almost $2500 for it. [shocked]

Marc from Zero Hour PM'ed me yesterday telling me the Stag upper I ordered had come in. Problem was that it was a pre-ban upper. No problemo; some grinding, a Yankee Hill compensator and 20 minutes of Marc's time and she was good to go as a post-ban.

Here it is mated to the stripped Stag lower I put together last month (the FA-10 is already in the mail). Brings back memories of being in the service. I love the AR platform.

296445066_72MXF-O.jpg

I think I need to take you as a guest to my range [smile]
nice catch Vic.

Hey Pete, does your wife know that you're going to be moving as you need more room for the guns? I've been to your house a few times and it is not all that big !

BTW, I want it.
Still plenty of room for more. Especially once I get the room built in the basement.[smile]

Ruger SP101 3 1/16" CTC Grip

I took her to the range for the first time today. It definitely kicks a bit more than the 9mm. [smile]

2008-05-18_14-48-12.jpg

Old Bodyguard

Got this a few days ago from a member here on NES. I thought I was buying a new Airweight, the one that has the matt finish. When I got there I found out it's a pretty deep blued one. I bought it to carry... but it looks so pretty I'm having second thoughts.

New-Bodyguard-in-box.jpg

Bill that's real nice. I've been looking at one of those for my wife as she's uncomfortable with semi auto's. However in looking at them for her I want one for me. My wardrobe is not alway conducive to the 1911.

My First Gun, a Smith & Wesson Model 19-3 .357 Magnum revolver:

DSC00978.jpg

This is My. First. Gun. Purchased in May of 1981 from J&J Guns in Bayonne, NJ by a 21 year old kid with his very first purchase permit clutched in his sweaty little Dwarven hands.

Uh... am I gloating too much? Sorry. It's the codeine. Anyway, we will NOT be parted again. You can have it when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.
Finally got to take her out to Harvard this morning and afternoon. Ahh... that was fun. Sighted her in and then gave her some exercise on the plates at the 25 yard range. PING!PING!PING!PING!PING! and they all fall down. [banana] What a nice day.

Back
Top Bottom