• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions January 2016

What receiver adapter ?
Sucks you didn't get the square back ones with the wood stock that cracked and wasn't finished lol....

Tap a hole in the gas block and you can Drill different size holes in set screws to make it adjustable with out any one knowing .

16" barrel Vepr in 7.62x54r. This thing is screaming for a standard AK configuration conversion. Parts will be ordered tomorrow. [grin]

20160122_192621_zpscbe6mhom.jpg

Nice. I stood away from it because at the time i couldnt really find any mags for it. Convert or not to convert is the ?.

Had to get a shotgun, how can you beat $380 bucks for a semi auto with mags?

hvRBSzS.jpg

4lNIvVS.jpg

zhKkcIw.jpg

TAAPSyE.jpg

Except even after I worked it over with the dremel polishing wheel and even a small bit of stone work and put in the light recoil spring, el no extracto de roundo. Guess they didnt cut the extractor notch in the barrel deep enough. Nothing a little dremel grinding wheel action cant fix.

xghdBut.jpg

Had to get a shotgun, how can you beat $380 bucks for a semi auto with mags?

hvRBSzS.jpg

4lNIvVS.jpg

zhKkcIw.jpg

TAAPSyE.jpg

Except even after I worked it over with the dremel polishing wheel and even a small bit of stone work and put in the light recoil spring, el no extracto de roundo. Guess they didnt cut the extractor notch in the barrel deep enough. Nothing a little dremel grinding wheel action cant fix.

xghdBut.jpg

Sucks they violate the awb in mass :(. I wouldn't mind one my self.

I think classics firearms will install a bullet button for you, would that count as making it a non-detachable magazine for mass?

M92 Carbine submitted form 1 on 1/17. Ill post a pic after i get the handguards refinished. Its got a manticore triangle stock, stormwerkz mount, faux suppressor until the form 1 is approved then it'll have a manticore brake.

Updated

3e8a8a3143699fb6ae32043c504bdb06.jpg

Damn. How did you get that polished up that much. It looks very nice
Thanks

Atleast 30 hours of work, the factory finish was the worst I've seen, not likely to buy another Ruger. Wet sanded, 150 on select areas, 320 on a good portion, the entire revolver 400, 600, 800, 1000, and then the buffer, black with sisal wheel, green with stitched, flitz to blend the areas I couldn't clean up well, then mother's mag. There are still numerous imperfections despite all my efforts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Thanks

Atleast 30 hours of work, the factory finish was the worst I've seen, not likely to buy another Ruger. Wet sanded, 150 on select areas, 320 on a good portion, the entire revolver 400, 600, 800, 1000, and then the buffer, black with sisal wheel, green with stitched, flitz to blend the areas I couldn't clean up well, then mother's mag. There are still numerous imperfections despite all my efforts.

Holy crap. Very nice.

Thanks

Ha! Thats awesome. You'll blind somebody shooting that on a sunny day though, lol.

Got a few new ones this Month:

-Ranger proof ELC AR15

-Olympic Arms AR15 in 5.45x39

-Norinco (AK) Hunter

-Norinco SKS

20160124_010734.jpg

Attachments

• 20160123_160031.jpg
    20160123_160031.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
She looks great. The original coating was not applied great, looks like BEC gave her a great face-lift.
18fa04f52e17b9a3d4a398d6968f8fdd.jpg

Lou did an awesome job! I put the slide in an ultrasonic cleaner and when it came out my friends dubbed it the "rat gun". Needless to say, it deserved better. The ultrasonic took off a fair amount of the original cerakote.

Last edited:
Almost done with this top of line AR 308...

Hyperfire 24c FCG
JP Enterprise LMOS BCG (that hurt when realized I ordered was just carrier for $260!)
JP silent capture spring
SLR adjustable gas block
SOLGW (SLR) solo ultra lite 15" rail
SS 20" match barrel 1/10
JP super comp xl (titanium)
LFOD AWB upper/lower set from GB
Noveske raptor charging handle
Magpul PRS 308

Just need CAA grip and red ambi selector switch.

I may sell this barrel and get a lighter profile...

Only issue I am having if the barrel nut only turns 3x before stopping. Not sure why, Ithe appears to be DPMS high rail as it lines up perfectly..

dc17020dc44c3c0a1daa41f3a4b2e2d4.jpg
1cb6292dd1a3ddd8bb8e43731b8360b8.jpg
e2d9c95dc39166c4d67624a291a201a5.jpg
5d039ab678ae17b2abd3f7e67eb425f6.jpg
ba4f4078173ed74fce35e968caccd7a2.jpg
7b157c2e85c11937853040d6b8f64eef.jpg

Last edited:
I have one of these coming this Friday in 6.5
th.jpg
Hence the adds in the classified section, glass and reloading gear for a new caliber ain't cheap! We'll see if it lives up to all the hype I have read about this gun.

I have one of these coming this Friday in 6.5
View attachment 157069
Hence the adds in the classified section, glass and reloading gear for a new caliber ain't cheap! We'll see if it lives up to all the hype I have read about this gun.

Very cool. The reviews I've read seem to be pretty damn good so far. Just curious as I'm not a experienced long range rifle shooter, what made you chose the 6.5 creedmoor model vs the .308? I'd assume you're shooting pretty far distances? I heard that if you're shooting REALLY long distance like 600+ yards, the higher BC of the 6.5 creedmoor really outperforms the .308?? Not sure if that's true as I've never shot further than 120 yards[sad2]

Just curious as I'm not a experienced long range rifle shooter

LOL, neither am I, I already have bolt guns in 308, 223 and 7.62x39. I like to tinker and I love reloading so that's what really drove it.....something different. I wish I had access to a long range, best I can do is 300 yds. This is why I don't own a 338 Lapua or 50 BMG, what's the point.

LOL, neither am I, I already have bolt guns in 308, 223 and 7.62x39. I like to tinker and I love reloading so that's what really drove it.....something different. I wish I had access to a long range, best I can do is 300 yds. This is why I don't own a 338 Lapua or 50 BMG, what's the point.

Lol gotcha. Yeah I'm the same way - with reloading anyway. I think I'm up to 7 or 8 calibers now. Always fun to experiment with a new caliber.

You'll have to do a range report once you get your Ruger all set up.

Back
Top Bottom