• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions January 2018

^ Very nice T. I have my father's 1958 Colt Official Police he carried as a LEO in the 1960's.

Attachments

• B11B2379-76A1-4427-9E28-FF8406146C2E.png
    B11B2379-76A1-4427-9E28-FF8406146C2E.png
    245.4 KB · Views: 23
NOS from the 50's.

I hate it when you get a new gun and its dirty. Three cylinders were snug with fouling, and there was fouling in the breech. All clean now. Pouring rain and wind gusting to 50mph; first range trip will have to wait.

Tried to go to the range today (1/23), but it was flooded.

t

Attachments

• IMG_4292.jpg
    IMG_4292.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
just took delivery of my new CZ shadow 2 Black :D
IMG_2233_zpshvnzp4np.jpg

my 870 is at vang comp getting a facelift, house felt empty without one around, so i brought home an old wingmaster from a local shop the other day for a good deal. Extended tube and a vang comp safety installed and ive got a nice clean scatter gun.

84vVloi.jpg

wjmMZIR.jpg

also picked up a new project gun, glock fotay

Last edited:
She's a long one so here's a picture of the receiver. It's a new to me Lebel M1886/93. I need to do some more digging for info, but it looks like it was originally manufactured in 1887-1888 and re-barreled in 1917. It's not a museum piece but it has a good bore so I'll just enjoy it as an occasional shooter/range toy.

Upload.jpg

just took delivery of my new CZ shadow 2 Black :D
IMG_2233_zpshvnzp4np.jpg

Niiice!! One hell of a gun. I got one that's been cajunized (cajun gun works) and the trigger is just ridiculous. Only downside is that it's too heavy for IDPA[angry]

Niiice!! One hell of a gun. I got one that's been cajunized (cajun gun works) and the trigger is just ridiculous. Only downside is that it's too heavy for IDPA[angry]
This trigger is sick right out of the box. I don't get all of the CGW fanatics modding these things.
Maybe lighten up the DA , but the SA is amazing as is? no?

This trigger is sick right out of the box. I don't get all of the CGW fanatics modding these things.
Maybe lighten up the DA , but the SA is amazing as is? no?

Yes the trigger is amazing out of the box. DA is a little heavy but springs can change that.

I bought mine from Cajun last March so I figured it was a no brainer to have them mod it the best they could while it’s there. SA is at 2.5# 1mm reset and the DA is about 5.5#. I’ve also replaced the grips and upgraded the sights to a FULLY adjustable rear and thinner front sight. Love it.

ya I've got LOK palm swells on their way in and an extended safety (from CGW) for the RH side (I'm left handed)
but coming from M&P's this trigger is blowing me away as is. I may lighten the DA at some point but I hardly ever use it so
no rush. The Sights I may change as well , what did you go with?

Picked up a Type 53 from 1955 and a WWII Japanese Civil Defense Helmet and a DDR helmet with Rain Drop Camo

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_2002.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_2002.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 33
  • fullsizeoutput_2003.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_2003.jpeg
    189.7 KB · Views: 36
  • fullsizeoutput_200b.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_200b.jpeg
    230.4 KB · Views: 33
ya I've got LOK palm swells on their way in and an extended safety (from CGW) for the RH side (I'm left handed)
but coming from M&P's this trigger is blowing me away as is. I may lighten the DA at some point but I hardly ever use it so
no rush. The Sights I may change as well , what did you go with?

Posted about the sights here in another thread:

Had Steve fit a fully adjustable rear sight for my CZ Shadow 2 then I installed a 0.100" Dawson fiber optic front sight. Finally got it sighted in tonight. I just can't get over the insane accuracy of this gun. This is 10 shots at 10-12 yards.

40d67710bcade80a26d837830dfbdb03.png
d3185111381cfaff0a6ee7c6ccc40b7c.png

Yup that's it. Though I didn't buy the front sight from CZ Custom since I prefer a thinner (0.100") front sight blade not the 0.120" front sight that CZ Custom sells.

CZ 75 & CZ 75 SP01 SHADOW Adjust Rear Sight NEW BLADE SHAPE

I never use the safety as you can’t start cocked and locked in Production division. Limited you can but no one shoots limited minor.

Back
Top Bottom