New Acquisitions January 2020 - Firearms Only!

Yeah, I was just thinking that case looks a lot fancier than the old green ones. Is that a Special grade bonus or are they using those for all of them now?
My CMP special had an identical green case to my service grade, so I assume it's just a new style.
One bonus is that it looks like it fits a Garand better (I have to squeeze mine shut often).
One negative is it looks shaped to an M1 (I use my cases for several different non-M1s).

Picked this up from a friend of friend as a birthday present from my dog as I’m holding off a bit in purchasing any more guns.

posted it yesterday but I guess i deleted when I went to edit it

Attachments

• 0AC4E57F-BC80-48ED-8D00-284623129488.jpeg
    0AC4E57F-BC80-48ED-8D00-284623129488.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 66
This was advertised at Four Seasons. I was under the mistaken impression that the "SS" in Marlin 1895SS stood for Stainless Steel. Called at 8:55am this morning to have them hold it for me, then drove the 100 miles to Woburn all excited that I had possibly found one of my few remaining grail guns. Got there just after 11 and this is what they pulled out. After my initial disappointment I checked it out closely and decided to take it. It dates to 1991 but does not show much wear. Bore was very sharp and clean, just the buttstock seemed like it could stand a good cleaning and polishing.

IMG_0872.JPG

Back
Top Bottom