New Acquisitions January 2021 - Firearms only and Happy New Gear!

Trr8 ordered tonight...mine as well get used to revolvers with how things are going...

Congrats! I LOVE mine!

full

Frank

Looks like January *IS* revolver month at NES. My first revolver! I've wanted a S&W Model 28 Patrolman .357 since I started getting into guns. I just never made it happen until Tuesday morning when I ended up winning an action on GB and the dealer was local in NH. It was part of an estate sell off from an 80 year old guy from Canterbury, NH who was pairing things down, probably the original owner. Doesn't have much wear and doesn't look like it's been fired much. Serial dates back to 1975-77 mfg time frame. $695 out the door, I think I did pretty well.

BS of note... My paperwork was called in NH police at 4:30pm on Tuesday and wasn't cleared until 10am today, Friday. This is BS!

model28.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like January *IS* revolver month at NES. My first revolver! I've wanted a S&W Model 28 Patrolman .357 since I started getting into guns. I just never made it happen until Tuesday morning when I ended up winning an action on GB and the dealer was local in NH. It was part of an estate sell off from an 80 year old guy from Canterbury, NH who was pairing things down, probably the original owner. Doesn't have much wear and doesn't look like it's been fired much. Serial dates back to 1975-77 mfg time frame. $695 out the door, I think I did pretty well.

BS of note... My paperwork was called in NH police at 4:30pm on Tuesday and wasn't cleared until 10am today, Friday. This is BS!

View attachment 439623
That was one of the first guns I learned to shoot as a kid. It is a really nice revolver.

View attachment 439623
Sweet find. I have two they shoot awesome. Mine love 38 special plus p 158, it’s like shooting 38 Ed cutters. My back ground check in NH took 4 days,was told COVID hit most of the employees who handle the background checks.

Got a little trigger happy on the picture yesterday, after 2 hours of cleaning grease off, ready to roll...to the range to pattern today...

Attachments

• 67B92E45-A50B-40F3-A0A1-567B7191CE82.jpeg
    67B92E45-A50B-40F3-A0A1-567B7191CE82.jpeg
    586.4 KB · Views: 34
  • A9191BC1-5326-43A3-9BEF-6ECCABC5C997.jpeg
    A9191BC1-5326-43A3-9BEF-6ECCABC5C997.jpeg
    685.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 4C640DA2-EE72-4E8D-A127-00825B7FFF2E.jpeg
    4C640DA2-EE72-4E8D-A127-00825B7FFF2E.jpeg
    454.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 76A12310-3B0C-46EA-A281-CD910040D10C.jpeg
    76A12310-3B0C-46EA-A281-CD910040D10C.jpeg
    388.3 KB · Views: 34
Is that pvc pipe in the background a heating duct or delivery system for the Hot Pockets ?

There's a laundry set up there but since I don't have a washer/dryer up here it was just a big open pipe to plumbing so it f***ing stunk, pvc pipe helps the stank to go straight out the vent in the roof

Picked up a ruger model 44 carbine. My son has always wanted one. Pix later.

I wasn't in the mood to add a caliber to my ammo supply I have no 44 revolvers......but now I have an excuse to get one. Lol

No 44 mag to be found right now where I'm shopping but it is what it is. It was a good price on a fairly rare gun that my boy likes.20210124_125036.jpg

Last edited:

I wasn't in the mood to add a caliber to my ammo supply I have no 44 revolvers......but now I have an excuse to get one. Lol

No 44 mag to be found right now where I'm shopping but it is what it is. It was a good price on a fairly rare gun that my boy likes.
Another great caliber to reload!

Another great caliber to reload!
I know. Once the bullshit calms down I'll find some projos and dies and get going on it.

It's certainly not a gun that will be a regular range toy. Ruger doesn't make parts for them anymore so this is somewhat of a collector gun that we will shoot every now and then. It is literally the predecessor to the 10-22 so its a cool rifle for that. Sn puts it made in 1976. It's very clean too.

Here's my new Ruger American Predator in .223. It uses standard AR mags and I added the scope when I bought it. I am more than likely going to add a bipod and probably a compensator. The best part is today I was cleaning out a closet and completely forgot about a nice big box of .223 that I forgot I bought over a year ago, so now I have even more ammo to give it an initial test run. I can't wait to get this out to the range:

ruger_american_predator.jpg

No 44 mag to be found right now where I'm shopping but it is what it is. It was a good price on a fairly rare gun that my boy likes.View attachment 440546
Nice, I'm thinking of bidding on one at an upcoming auction, some interesting stuff starting to fall under C&R.

Back
Top Bottom