New Acquisitions July 2020 - Firearms Only

67ray

NES Member
Happy July! Y'all know the drill

gunz gunz gunz yes

puppies, babies, trucks nyet

Picked up what wifey described as “a poorly executed, miniature copy of Han Solo’s blaster” which, is kind of accurate because the lil thing is a laser beam.
It came with a brick of Aguila super extra but we wound up stopping at the Worcester wally world and scoring some CCI SV, some winchester wildcat? Never heard of ‘em but they’re pretty hot at 1400fps, and all theFederal power shok 00 buck they had left for .75/rd.
Little thing ate and cycled everything (except for the buck shot) with only 3 or 4 stovepipes out of 400 rds. I’ll take a semiauto .22 with 99% reliability every day of the week. Couldn’t be happier.

A big thank you to the fellow NES’er that met me this morning.B6AA2977-8648-430C-A888-71EC36A2D669.jpeg

Last edited:
You have a G3 clone, right? I'd stick with steel, the G3 is harsh on brass. Wolf these days = Barnaul ammo factory = good ammo. Tula = crap.
That I do. Just finished a couple aesthetic upgrades as well.

I have some brass from the first round of ammo purchasing, because steel was no where to be found.

Wish I was that rich right now. I just scored 200 rounds of wolf steel military grade

Wolf steel is surprisingly accurate in my G3, its cheap but it works great. And since mine flings brass about 30 feet into the range at 1:00 or so, I'm happy about not having to track down the brass to reload.

I pulled the bullet on one of them and its a 150gr BTHP not an m80 type flat base. I was surprised but that explains why they're accurate. Can't beat it for the price.

Always wondered why only 22LR mags have the thumb spring assist - why don't all pistol mags have it?

The thumb assist seems great, but it only took one outing to invest in a simple tool to slide over the mag and not have to use a thumb. Can’t speak for the Glock, but the springs on the MK IV mags I have seem pretty stout for a .22
Maglula UpLula is your friend.

My new Gen 5 G34 MOS. USPSA/IDPA here I come!View attachment 371133
Perfection.

Extended slide release, some trigger work, a decent set of sights - and you'll be good to go.
I've bought four longslide Glocks (G35 gen 3, G41 gen 4, G34 gen 5 x2) and all came with an extended slide release. Have they recently stopped including it? Definitely get one.

IMG_2135.JPG

Back
Top Bottom