New Acquisitions July 2020 - Firearms Only

The thumb assist seems great, but it only took one outing to invest in a simple tool to slide over the mag and not have to use a thumb. Can’t speak for the Glock, but the springs on the MK IV mags I have seem pretty stout for a .22
Maglula UpLula is your friend.
Easiest mags I've ever had to load for .22LR. the 22/45 I just sold was very stiff. These are wicked easy. Only thing easier that I have is some Beretta mags from 1991 with original springs.

Easiest mags I've ever had to load for .22LR. the 22/45 I just sold was very stiff. These are wicked easy. Only thing easier that I have is some Beretta mags from 1991 with original springs.

So you’re saying that you’re not totally out of love with .22
You weren’t kidding about the stiff mags. It only took one outing and I’ve already got a little helper.

So you’re saying that you’re not totally out of love with .22
You weren’t kidding about the stiff mags. It only took one outing and I’ve already got a little helper.
If this Glock doesn't stick around I'll swear off .22 forever lol. Those mags are definitely stiff, always chewed up my finger because I'm too cheap to buy a loader.

If this Glock doesn't stick around I'll swear off .22 forever lol. Those mags are definitely stiff, always chewed up my finger because I'm too cheap to buy a loader.

Well, I’ll take it if and when the day comes. My cheap ass built a ghetto wooden loader/helper out of some leftover walnut I had from another project. It’s ugly, but it works. image.jpg

Picked this up off BrokeGunner recently. I have an affinity for Mosins, particularly the Finnish variety, so I had been watching this one for a little while. The last night of bidding, after a 'few' beers of course, I decided 'what the hell, I'll go for it' and actually won at the starting bid.

It's a Finn-capture 1934 Tula. It has all its original Tula-marked parts (including the small parts) except for the lower barrel band, top arm of the follower, and the Finn-matched bolt. It also has the word "ISA"carved into the buttstock which is Finnish for 'father' according to Google.

My guess it was a Winter War capture and later used by the Finns during the Continuation War. It has the been there/done that look without being too beat-up. If should make for a good shooter due to the Finn reworked trigger and the bright, shiny bore which looks far better than your run of the mill 91/30. It's a nice companion for my refurbed 1932 Izhevsk 91/30.

1.jpg

2.jpg

20200704_134432.jpg

3.jpg

IMG_1379.JPG

Yeah, it's a Glock. A G48 to be precise.

Replacement for the one that fell out of my T-Bag when I was visiting friends.
I picked it up from the Sherrif's dept in SC and it was obvious that the frame was wrecked, (it had been run over), but the slide looked okay.
So, I sent the frame and 108$ to Glock and the sent me a new frame.
New frame and slide assembled, it wouldn't reliably chamber every round.
Called Tech Support and they said to send the replacement frame in and they'd send me a new gun.
Sent it in, gave payment info for 196$ and a replacement firearm showed up on my doorstep yesterday.

Warren sights, Vicker's flat faced trigger, Talon Wrap and it's all set.

Incredible turn around and "warranty" by Glock. My gun fell onto the highway and was run over. They replaced it for 304$, and quickly.

I thought I would pick up some parts to go with the unpopulated uppers I have stashed away for a rainy day. Both fine high quality examples, very impressed with the machining and finishing on both of these items.

FN Barrel.jpgExpo BCG.jpg

IMG_1392.JPG

Yup, another Glock...

This one's a G34. I won it as a random giveaway in a GSSF match.
Sent in my paperwork at the end of December, check was cashed Jan 15th.
I sent in an email yesterday asking if they could provide me with an ETA ;
got an email back four minutes later that it had been delivered to my LGS at the end of April.

FCK. It's been sitting in Savannah for two and one-half months - they never called me. :(

Went in and picked it up.
Warren sights, polished trigger, and a ding on the slide because I'm a klutz and dropped it.

This matches my competition Prod/SSP/ESP gun, so now I've got a backup, (which is why I chose it).
And of course because I live in a free state - it came with three standard capacity mags.

Palmetto State KS47. Had a shitload of AK mags and a shitload of AK ammo, didn’t want another AK this time.

Picked up last week and threw some temporary furniture on it (came with M4 stuff). Shoots soft like a 223 AR. Takes every mag I’ve put in it. Surefire ProComp muzzle brake came with it.

ALSO got a chance to compare this next to the CMMG Mutant side-by-side. The CMMG is waay beefier because it’s based on the AR10 platform (KS is based on AR15). Easily a 2lb weight difference.

And yes, I hate PSA for leaving us prisoners in the dust, but this model was the best choice for this setup.
A0F5D924-BC6D-49AE-AB6D-9CE795EDEA06.jpeg

Last edited:
Im going to convert my mags with these. 10 Round XL Filled Basepad for SIG P365 XL 10 Round Magazines
But sig does sell 10 round mags for the xl also.

Cool, I can’t see your location on my phone.
Free staters can convert their 12rd on the cheap with these sig base plates.

If I go that route I’ll probably get 12rd mags and use these plus mag blocks to make switching modules easier.

Cool, I can’t see your location on my phone.
Free staters can convert their 12rd on the cheap with these sig base plates.

If I go that route I’ll probably get 12rd mags and use these plus mag blocks to make switching modules easier.
i wish, cheaper and more capacity...

Back
Top Bottom