New acquisitions June

I didn't want to taint my 15th post with inaccurate information and risk being outed. Plus it took me that long to figure out how to add the pics. Thanks for looking.[grin]

Chris, Looks like you've got yourself a round butt model 63 to me.....

Chris, Looks like you've got yourself a round butt model 63 to me.....

You know I never took the grips off when I purchased. I like the look of the original checkered Magna walnut but once I held it I thought this grip fit my hand nicely so never removed it. I gotta say you peaked my interest so had to do a little more research. My smith standard catalog puts the model 63 no dash serial number (M208***) in the 1982 production range. This seems like it is at the end of the production run if the date of the 63-1 started the same year. The catalog talks about the introduction of the round butt for this model in a 2 inch version in 1991 with a limited run of 1000. These are listed as the 63-3. In 1992 it was the standard production in the 2 inch.

I included some pics and a link. The corners do look more rounded than my other square butts but the general shape seems more square. Anyway, thanks for looking, I appreciate the feedback. [grin]

http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson2/upload/images/products/zoom_lg/butt_sq_rnd_lg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom