New Acquisitions - October 2015

Nothing too crazy, but I finally completed my AR from the Precision Point billet group buy. Without trying too hard I managed to build a 6.1lb rifle not including the Aimpoint (measured via the oh-so-scientific on & off the bathroom scale method).

2015-10-08%2018.17.29_zpscygus1po.jpg

2015-10-08%2018.18.19_zpsrhpc1kjb.jpg

Specs:
PPF billet receiver set + BCG
Mapul fixed carbine stock
Larue A-PEG grip
Odin extended mag release
BAD lever, because tactical
JP Rifles Fire Control kit
Battle Arms short-throw safety selector
ALG Defense EMR V1 handguard
Daniel Defense lightweight 14.5" barrel
Strike Industries J-comp

Last edited:
SJan, how is the cheek weld on your rig?? From the second picture, it looks like that Trij is mounted at 30k feet! You might just have the tallest AR of them all! Any sort of cowitness w/your BUIS, or is the American Defense a quick detach mount?

SJan, how is the cheek weld on your rig?? From the second picture, it looks like that Trij is mounted at 30k feet! You might just have the tallest AR of them all! Any sort of cowitness w/your BUIS, or is the American Defense a quick detach mount?

It does appear tall, but its not. It's a lower 1/3 cowitness with the buis. The MRO is comparable in size to the aimpoint T1 , but has a larger objective lens so it looks much bigger.

attachment.php

Ruger 10/22 Takedown - Beech Stock
Ruger BX-1 magazines
HTA 10/22 magazine couplers
Hi-Point 995TS magazines

Attachments

• nes.jpg
    nes.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 450
Last edited:
My first K31 that I picked up in the classifieds. View attachment 148829View attachment 148830

Managed to sneak out to the range and shoot some rounds through late in the day. Very accurate and great trigger, just shooting to the right a bit. Can't budge the front sight even with a hammer and punch. It definitely needs to be adjusted as you can see from the witness marks. View attachment 148831

I've got all the parts for my sub $400 AR build*. EP Armory 80% lower and MSF 223 Wylde upper and build kit. Couple choices on lower color, and then I'll have to figure out what to do with the other lower I dont use. Also realized that red dot is going to need a 3/4" riser. This is just a mockup, obviously. Waiting on a new vice to start milling.

StO5ieW.jpg

UpPAiTN.jpg

*excluding sights, magazines, and tools

Back
Top Bottom