New Acquisitions - October 2018

My neighbor gave me what I assume is a sporterized 91/24 Carcano. Not in that bad of shape. Cleaned it up, got some 6.5x52, and test fired it. 20 rounds at 25 yards and half of them keyholed. Possibly the worst rifle I’ve ever fired.
I’ll probably hang onto it to give to the guy that says he can shoot better than me with any rifle.BC7E7B63-B30E-4748-A3AA-A1AAF7552664.jpeg

F327FA74-A034-4F2D-9EDD-71FAB1BD2F39.jpeg 044F14E7-CA93-48F6-8B6F-FB259DE236E2.png 9B68BA67-896E-4E4E-8BF1-59F892F83B6D.png
Picked up a new Sig 1911 Ultra Compact in 9mm last night at North Shore Firearms in Middleton. ordered Wednesday arrived late yesterdaay afternoon. They even stayed open past closing for me due to the damn traffic last night. Sweet new EDC. New firearm and AL Pennant in one evening.
Also stopped by Bob’s a few days later and did quite well there too. Been on the lookout 1911 WW1 repro for some time now. Patience pays off.

Last edited:
Lucky enough to be able to own this piece of history. Untouched since his discharge from the Navy back in 1945. And has been in the family ever since. He was not a gun guy so it sat unused and unaltered since the war. Colt frame and Remington-Rand slide. Since he didn't use it he buried the mags when he got home from the war. So I had to find period correct mags.

IMG_1565.jpg IMG_1566.jpg IMG_1567.jpg

put together my first ar-10. aero upper and lower mostly. nothing special other than I have $845 into it. i will swap out the grip for a black one and add an optic. first thing i noticed when i picked it up was i'm not in 5.56 Kansas anymore. has not been fired...yet
5LwXtZY.jpg

Factory Galil ARM with the seldom seen 3rd selector position. Just got it and took it to the range today. Shoots such tight groups in full auto. Amazing piece of machinery.

View attachment 252182 View attachment 252184

Is this a Pre-May dealer sample or fully transferable Pre-86? If its the latter a truly rare piece indeed, I have never seen one! Nice rifle.

View attachment 251929 View attachment 251930 View attachment 251931
Picked up a new Sig 1911 Ultra Compact in 9mm last night at North Shore Firearms in Middleton. ordered Wednesday arrived late yesterdaay afternoon. They even stayed open past closing for me due to the damn traffic last night. Sweet new EDC. New firearm and AL Pennant in one evening.
Also stopped by Bob’s a few days later and did quite well there too. Been on the lookout 1911 WW1 repro for some time now. Patience pays off.
Nice gun but no one should be giving any money to that shop. Especially when you have Steve at northeast arms in Peabody.

Andrew. I am free to make my purchases where ever I please. No one will convince me otherwise. That being said. I have purchased firearms from almost all shops in the area and have been treated well by all of them including Steve at Northeast Arms. If I ever decide not to make a purchase it will be because I didn’t like the deal. I have been a member here for a very long time. I’ve heard and read every opinion everyone has made about all our local dealers. I will make my own judgements and spend my money where I see fit. “Keyboard Commandos” have absolutely zero influence on any decisions I make.

Andrew. I am free to make my purchases where ever I please. No one will convince me otherwise. That being said. I have purchased firearms from almost all shops in the area and have been treated well by all of them including Steve at Northeast Arms. If I ever decide not to make a purchase it will be because I didn’t like the deal. I have been a member here for a very long time. I’ve heard and read every opinion everyone has made about all our local dealers. I will make my own judgements and spend my money where I see fit. “Keyboard Commandos” have absolutely zero influence on any decisions I make.

Not to mention I believe they are under new ownership/management now

Not to mention I believe they are under new ownership/management now
They are. No offense to the new guy but the last owners left such a shitty taste in my mouth with the way they handled a purchase of mine, I'm incredibly reluctant to go back. Maybe eventually.

Back
Top Bottom