• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New AR from savage?

It will be interesting to see if it has any interchangeable parts with an AR? Maybe it's the new Mass Compliant MSR? Biggest downside would be no pre-ban mags.

Pipe dream. No company in their right mind would develop an AR that uses nothing but proprietary parts and is incompatible with the millions of available parts and accessories. Why? So they can sell guns to the 10 gun owners in MA and the 5 in CA. Never happen. Especially in the face of a president elect who supposedly plans on wiping out the AW bans, according to his claims.

Pipe dream. No company in their right mind would develop an AR that uses nothing but proprietary parts and is incompatible with the millions of available parts and accessories. Why? So they can sell guns to the 10 gun owners in MA and the 5 in CA. Never happen. Especially in the face of a president elect who supposedly plans on wiping out the AW bans, according to his claims.

I hate to point this out to you but the Prez doesn't have the power to change a state law. The only way to do this would be a specific preemption clause in the Fed law preventing the States from further restricting firearms, I've suggested this elsewhere. Others pointed out a risk that an overriding Fed law could be used against us in the future (I don't agree, that risk already exists). Some voiced opinions that it shouldn't happen because it gave too much power to the Fed. So support for this wouldn't be 100% in states with AW bans and would be 0% in "free" states. And of course our AG would fight any Fed attempt to remove the AWB.

I do have a pipe dream of an "open source" MSR distinctly different from any named in the AWB. It won't happen simply because the biggest reason the AR platform exists is the huge $$ put into R&D and no one is going to put that into something they don't own.

Nice. Made right in my neighborhood, but no more AR's for me cause I am an outlaw...

On a steel horse you ride. Or something like that. ;)

As far as this, someone's gonna have to do something more than bolt on aftermarket parts to their stock AR's to get things interesting. I was getting half-excited someone was making a side-charging AR. Although I need another AR like. . blah blah blah. LOL

Anyone else notice the lower on the M4orgery is different than the railed versions? Nice looking M-Lock rail but don't care for the furniture.

At least we can get the AR-10s here in MA since the AR-15 is the only gun on the list and there is no possible way to say that an AR-10 is a copy of an AR-15 by even the loosest possible standards of interpretations.

Back
Top Bottom