• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Book

I am reading a book that much to my surprise blew my mind.It was referred to me about 4 days ago, I ordered it and when it came in I read1/2 of it before I could step away from it. It's titled “One SecondAfter". It's a "fictional" story about what would happen in theUS after an EMP attack. I plan on passing this book around when done just toopen up the eyes of others.
I have been a prepperfor many years and it blew me away with the scenarios of what will/can happen.It also made me think about how many people I know that know I prepare foremergencies that always say " I know where I am going if TSHTF. And they alwaysseem to follow that statement with “coming to my house”.
Well I sat back and thought about these non preppers and anti-gunnersthat think they can park their butts at my house eat my food, drink my waterand enjoy the security of my firearms. The first thing that came to my mind wasthe story of the Ant and the Grasshopper. I have made a decision this weekendto inform them that in order to use my home in a real emergency that they willhave to show up with at least 3 of these with #’s 2 and 5 mandatory; #1 an NRAor GOAL card, #2 a valid LTC, #3 food to sustain themself for at least 30 days,#4 a firearm and at least 150 rounds of ammo, and #5 prove they that they canprovide a usefulness such as hunting, trapping, skinning or in the very leastcutting and splitting wood.
I am now and havebeen surrounded by anti's that for most of their lives have constantly been active anti-gun and anti-huntingbut it seems they are the first ones to put their hands out when TSHTF. Afterreading this book it has helped me make my mind up about who to help and who toteam up with. It also makes me sick to my stomach that we (some) as Americanshave turned into a country of wussies. WTH has happened that turned so manypeople into wussies that expect everyone else to wipe their butts and put foodin their mouth when TSHTF.
At first I thought Iwas being selfish, but you know something.... this ant is not going to feed thedam grasshopper. It may make me a bad person but in my opinion, this is how tothin the herd when it hits the fan.

Hope you haven't told too many people about what you're storing, or if your SHTF sitch ever does occur, you'll be fighting for your life within 48 hours. ;)

If it were truly a SHTF scenario, I think I could overlook the NRA membership and LTC requirement.

One Second After is a great book. I've re-read it probably 6 times. If you haven't already picked up 'Lights Out', then you'll want to read that one immediately. It's a similar scenario, but covers a lot more details.

And welcome to the forums!

Well I sat back and thought about these non preppers and anti-gunnersthat think they can park their butts at my house eat my food, drink my waterand enjoy the security of my firearms. The first thing that came to my mind wasthe story of the Ant and the Grasshopper. I have made a decision this weekendto inform them that in order to use my home in a real emergency that they willhave to show up with at least 3 of these with #’s 2 and 5 mandatory; #1 an NRAor GOAL card, #2 a valid LTC, #3 food to sustain themself for at least 30 days,#4 a firearm and at least 150 rounds of ammo, and #5 prove they that they canprovide a usefulness such as hunting, trapping, skinning or in the very leastcutting and splitting wood.

You would be crazy to let any of these people in your home. IMO, in a SHTF only people you can trust are ok, skills be damned.

If it were truly a SHTF scenario, I think I could overlook the NRA membership and LTC requirement.

Neither would impress me one bit. One says you support the policies of the NRA, the other says you're a ma**h***. [laugh]

My newly learned NES hand sign do no good for me during SHTF? WTF?

7f2b8a04-b510-4c74-a191-1c5b8b2aa894.jpg

One Second After is a great book. I've re-read it probably 6 times. If you haven't already picked up 'Lights Out', then you'll want to read that one immediately. It's a similar scenario, but covers a lot more details.

And welcome to the forums!

Thank you, and I will check out the book you mentioned.

I am now and havebeen surrounded by anti's that for most of their lives have constantly been active anti-gun and anti-huntingbut it seems they are the first ones to put their hands out when TSHTF. Afterreading this book it has helped me make my mind up about who to help and who toteam up with. It also makes me sick to my stomach that we (some) as Americanshave turned into a country of wussies. WTH has happened that turned so manypeople into wussies that expect everyone else to wipe their butts and put foodin their mouth when TSHTF.
At first I thought Iwas being selfish, but you know something.... this ant is not going to feed thedam grasshopper. It may make me a bad person but in my opinion, this is how tothin the herd when it hits the fan.

Antis in general probably aren't resourceful people. Part of them being an anti is that they think the police/gov will take care of them. Then when the STHF, they also expect someone to take care of them (you).

Screw the NRA and GOAL cards. Give me a couple of old Veterans and a couple of AR's, and we'll be just fine.

The only reason I suggested that was because it would show to some level that they support ownership of firearms. I know who the anti's are in my life and do not intend to help any of them or give them the security of firearms that they have been trying to ban for so many years.

Back
Top Bottom