• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Brookline Police Chief

Brookline imho is a "shit policy descends from city hall" town so changing the CLEO probably does nothing, absent any recent developments. It is probably top 3 worst issuing authority in the state.

-Mike

Brookline imho is a "shit policy descends from city hall" town so changing the CLEO probably does nothing, absent any recent developments. It is probably top 3 worst issuing authority in the state.

-Mike
I agree with Mike. My late Father was an Aux. PO in Brookline after returning from WWII. They partnered them up with FT POs, but they were unarmed (and no portable radios existed back then) and responded to burglary calls, etc. My Father had words with the chief at that time about being unarmed. Brookline wouldn't budge so he wrote his letter of resignation (I found it cleaning out the house after he died). So nothing has changed since ~1950!!

Mere peons getting LTCs in Brookline still have a terrible time to this day. To me this proves (like Mike said) that the policy comes down from the top and it's not the chief's ability to change anything.

the policy comes down from the top and it's not the chief's ability to change anything.

This^

Watertown isn't any different, the marching orders come from the moonbats on the town council, the Chief is only an employee of the town, so it's either do as they say or someone else will.

This^

Watertown isn't any different, the marching orders come from the moonbats on the town council, the Chief is only an employee of the town, so it's either do as they say or someone else will.

Thats why I sued that prick of a chief 36 years ago......and won!

We have a winner. Lived there for years, great place to raise a family if you need access to Boston for work.
Depends on what you're looking for and what you value.

Personally, I'd rather raise kids in a place with a bit more diversity of thought, where the people are a bit less enamored with the smell of their own farts.

Brookline went 90% Clinton and 10% Trump. And I'd bet good money that gays were more likely to be out of the closet in 1950 than a Brookline Trump voter is in 2018.

This^

Ive heard that Watertown will now issure NR upon renewal according to a person who has gone through a renewal recently.

There was a switch in chiefs a year or two ago... that may have something to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom