New Change of Address form

CaptDan3

NES Member
There is a new change of address form from FRB. You must still send copies to the police dept. via certified mail.
But, you can call the FRB with your change of address. One less certified mail to send out.

The new form is online for download at the FRB web site.

Dan Long
Boston, MA.

They still ask for a copy of your permit, which I believe isn't required.

I have always used the form on goals website.

There is a new change of address form from FRB.

There is no particular form mandated by law. One is merely required to notify the following:

MGL 140-131(l) said:
...the licensing authority who issued said license, the chief of police into whose jurisdiction the licensee moves and the executive director of the criminal history systems board...

You must still send copies to the police dept. via certified mail. But, you can call the FRB with your change of address. One less certified mail to send out.

Not true...

MGL 140-131(l) said:
Such notification shall be made by certified mail within 30 days of its occurrence. Failure to so notify shall be cause for revocation or suspension of said license.

Has the law changed...?

No.

They still ask for a copy of your permit, which I believe isn't required.

Correct.

Kevlar is pretty much correct. I know that the Director of FRB has OK'd calling in the change of address (very recent, within the past week) but the MGL hasn't changed (that requires all 3 be sent Certified Mail). I'll be asking her about that shortly.

No special forms are required by law, no copies of LTC, no DNA sample, no urine sample . . . even if someone gens up a form requesting all these things.

hi guys new to the forum but have been browsing for some time now. Recently i have moved my family and bought a house closer to my wife and I's work. I have a non restricted class a license. now its been a few months since i moved but i was talking with my former chief and he told me about this notification of address change that is required. I went to police station and was given the form and sent out all three forms certified with copies of my license. my only worry is at the top of the form its says it has to be done within 30 days of moving! Do you think i will get any crap? I moved to a gun friendly town and it seems live our local police so far are nice guys. I always abide by the laws and have had my class A since i was 21. i would hate to lose it !!!

hi guys new to the forum but have been browsing for some time now. Recently i have moved my family and bought a house closer to my wife and I's work. I have a non restricted class a license. now its been a few months since i moved but i was talking with my former chief and he told me about this notification of address change that is required. I went to police station and was given the form and sent out all three forms certified with copies of my license. my only worry is at the top of the form its says it has to be done within 30 days of moving! Do you think i will get any crap? I moved to a gun friendly town and it seems live our local police so far are nice guys. I always abide by the laws and have had my class A since i was 21. i would hate to lose it !!!

The form asks for the date it was completed, not when you moved. I would fill it out, but wouldnt worry.

Gun owners and sex offenders- the only people who have to notify police when moving.

The new change of address makes sense, but doing it without a law change shows a disrespect for the law and an attitude the laws mean what the FRB wants them to mean, not what they say. The proper procedure would have been to have a bill introduced to make the change.

That being said, the chances of a prosecution for filing electronically are pretty much nil, and if they did prosecute, the entrapment by estoppel doctrine would provide a powerful defense.

Thanks for this info. I may be moving to another apt. in the same complex where I currently live. That's if my wife has to go into a nursing home. She has MS. I believe I still have to send my change of address forms in anyway.

Back
Top Bottom