New Channel - What is and is not a C&R

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 67409

This YouTube channel has three videos, one of which discusses the legalities of C&R guns. Figured I'd share to get this guy's channel attention.

Machine guns can meet C&R criteria but still need NFA paperwork as well as MA State eFA-10. The C&R ends up being just a notation on the form 4 it doesn't really simplify or make anything any easier.

"Any other firearms which derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or because of their association with some historical figure, period, or event, blah, blah , blah

in Mass, if we go by ATF part C. almost everything should be c&r FOR mass; haa!!

My least favorite ATF finding: that a military surplus rifle over 50 years old must still be in "original military configuration" to be C&R.

Nonsense. 50+ or "on the list" makes it C&R. If something is under 50 and only C&R by way of being "on the list"? Sure, that has to retain its original configuration.

But the actual law says that 50+ is automatically C&R.

Once upon a time, a guy was buying a bunch of pre-1899 Mauser actions, which are antiques and not subject to GCA'68. He was putting modern barrels on them, modern furniture too, and selling them as what they were: antiques, no FFL required.

ATF told him he was "manufacturing" without a license and threatened him with major prison time. He stopped.

ATF has a "list", altho never up to date. When I bought my first 03 they sent me one. Do they still do that? Jack.

They did when I got my 03 about 6 or so years ago but I understand they don't anymore. Just tell you to go to their website. It was like a phone book lol

I think they will in about 3 weeks!
so does someone have a link on what this will really do to C&R holders ? I would like to send a link to the "law" that now makes C&R possible to use .....will it only be for instate dealer transactions.

My least favorite ATF finding: that a military surplus rifle over 50 years old must still be in "original military configuration" to be C&R.

Nonsense. 50+ or "on the list" makes it C&R. If something is under 50 and only C&R by way of being "on the list"? Sure, that has to retain its original configuration.

But the actual law says that 50+ is automatically C&R.

Once upon a time, a guy was buying a bunch of pre-1899 Mauser actions, which are antiques and not subject to GCA'68. He was putting modern barrels on them, modern furniture too, and selling them as what they were: antiques, no FFL required.

ATF told him he was "manufacturing" without a license and threatened him with major prison time. He stopped.

The Finns are guilty of the same thing using old antique Russian recievers on M39s.

so does someone have a link on what this will really do to C&R holders ? I would like to send a link to the "law" that now makes C&R possible to use .....will it only be for instate dealer transactions.

He's talking about Shotgun Joe NFA tax and registration on semi-autos. Get ready to bend over the first 100 days.

It's easier to find a damn SA than a Mossberg pump shottie these days.

Here's what I found:

aqo8j3wjf5661.jpg

So if you find a C&R handgun out of state that someone insists on shipping to an 01FFL, they can now legally transfer it to you if you have an LTC and 03FFL

Back
Top Bottom