• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New CMC trigger reset problem

So I finally got my CMC trigger and installed it last night. During the function test the trigger is not resetting. It's not like I put the springs in wrong so I don't know if I did something wrong or if I got a dud.

After cocking I either have to push the trigger forward or put the selector to safe and back to get it to reset. Any suggestions?

Here's a video I took.

Last edited by a moderator:
ARR-572.jpg

Strange, definitely not the way it should work. Maybe a missing spring under the part that pivots in the lower trigger assembly (don't know the name of it see pic) Call customer service and they will get it sorted out. If not Ill send you one of mine and Ill work it out with them. Keep me posted please.

Just did a check on mine and everything seems to be functioning fine. Took a quick video via cell phone, apologize for the quality:

Was hard to do one-handed while holding the phone, but using both hands everything functioned fine. Pull trigger, yank charging handle while holding it, let out trigger (VERY short reset - pretty awesome), pull again. Safe/fire functioned fine. Do you have an upper you can put on to test function?

What brand safety selector? Will go take a look at mine in a couple mins.

That's the second selector I tried. That was my first thought. Also originally installed with KNS pins and then tried the ones that came with the trigger with the same result. I'll give them a buzz tomorrow, I'm sure they'll make it good.

Hmmmmmmm..... I do have six more in my trunk [devil]

Only kidding. [wink]

Strange. I'm not an AR trigger guru but like Shmittey said it might be an issue with one of the disconnector springs.

Can you see what it's catching on? I've had to do a little clearance work on the safety selector with some triggers in the past. Try it with the selector uninstalled and see if it resets then.

Hello Tim--- Sounds like you better send that Trigger back to me for repair or replacement. I'm very sorry you're' having an issue with the Trigger.

Jack R. Biegel, President
CMC Triggers Corp
5597 Oak St.

Fort Worth, TX. 76140

(817)563-6611 ph.
(817)563-6658 fax
(682)552-5795 cell

Can you see what it's catching on? I've had to do a little clearance work on the safety selector with some triggers in the past. Try it with the selector uninstalled and see if it resets then.

Tried two selectors and without, still the same. I still need a few more parts for that built anyway, so as long as CMC can fix it, I'm OK. Those things happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow record response time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just called him and he told me that he had just responded to my email [smile]

Installed and works flawless. Amazing trigger. You probably just got a lemon?

So here is the resolution! Trigger is fine however the opening for the trigger in the lower from QD is undersized ever so slightly. OP if you pull the trigger pack and look at the top of the trigger where is passes through the receiver into the trigger guard you will see the anodizing was holding the trigger in place and keeping it from resetting. I am going to touch it off with a small file and it should be fine.

That's great! That's what the owner thought. I was very nervous I did a group buy of broken parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So here is the resolution! Trigger is fine however the opening for the trigger in the lower from QD is undersized ever so slightly. OP if you pull the trigger pack and look at the top of the trigger where is passes through the receiver into the trigger guard you will see the anodizing was holding the trigger in place and keeping it from resetting. I am going to touch it off with a small file and it should be fine.

Ha! Great minds think alike. I just came on to post the fix, but you beat me to it.

My hero
20140621_161423_zpsl18sppjz.jpg

The fix
20140621_152942_zpsxiisjc2o.jpg

The Result

Just sent Jack an email apologizing for bothering him prematurely.

Back
Top Bottom