New -coil spring for S&W N frame revolvers

Happy feet

NES Member
TK customs has just come out with a coil spring that replaces the leaf spring set up on S&W N frame revolvers. This looks very interesting from a competition, /tuning perspective. It looks like like trigger pull can be adjusted fairly easily from a range of 9lb to 6 1/2 to acomodate different primers. Looks more reliable and less involved than adjusting and set screwing the strain screw. Thoughts??

I have one of those coil springs in my S&W model 29 that Joe from B&D reloaders installed way back in the 70's still working great. Shot lots of steel rams, turkeys, pigs and chickens and the 8 3/8" barrel could reach out there and with the lighter trigger pull made a great target gun. Oh ya and Joey charged me $35.00 for the coil spring and cleaned the gun too.
Dan

I have one of those coil springs in my S&W model 29 that Joe from B&D reloaders installed way back in the 70's still working great. Shot lots of steel rams, turkeys, pigs and chickens and the 8 3/8" barrel could reach out there and with the lighter trigger pull made a great target gun. Oh ya and Joey charged me $35.00 for the coil spring and cleaned the gun too.
Dan

I remember Joey, I was a customer at B&D back in the 80's -90's.
Nice little shop in very a stealthy location, most people had no clue there was a gun shop there, the sign on the door said "Hyde Park Pet Supplies".
I bought my first Browning BL-22 from them and tons of reloading components.
They offered laser engraving for stocks when it was a fairly new thing, it wasn't done in-house, they used an outside vendor. I had them do a stock for a Winchester 94, so I left them just the buttstock. A month or so later when it came back, I discovered that the engraving was upside-down. Joey was not happy because he had to make it right for me. He ordered a new buttstock, but the wood color and grain wasn't even a close match for the forend. So he sent that back and ordered another, again, not a good match. Then he ordered a matching wood set, which was acceptable. But I still wanted the engraving that I paid for, so he sent it off to the engraver, but this time he put masking tape on the correct side and wrote "engrave this side" and an arrow showing "This side up" so they wouldn't screw it up again.
They were good people, and I was pissed when Menino screwed them over and ran the shop out of town.

I remember Joey, I was a customer at B&D back in the 80's -90's.
Nice little shop in very a stealthy location, most people had no clue there was a gun shop there, the sign on the door said "Hyde Park Pet Supplies".
I bought my first Browning BL-22 from them and tons of reloading components.
They offered laser engraving for stocks when it was a fairly new thing, it wasn't done in-house, they used an outside vendor. I had them do a stock for a Winchester 94, so I left them just the buttstock. A month or so later when it came back, I discovered that the engraving was upside-down. Joey was not happy because he had to make it right for me. He ordered a new buttstock, but the wood color and grain wasn't even a close match for the forend. So he sent that back and ordered another, again, not a good match. Then he ordered a matching wood set, which was acceptable. But I still wanted the engraving that I paid for, so he sent it off to the engraver, but this time he put masking tape on the correct side and wrote "engrave this side" and an arrow showing "This side up" so they wouldn't screw it up again.
They were good people, and I was pissed when Menino screwed them over and ran the shop out of town.
Ya Joe was great Gunsmith and a real good guy too, think he went on to be the armorer for the Federal Reserve. Miss that shop so close and Bob & Don where just a pleasure to do business with.

Back
Top Bottom