New England Repeater Directory Website Gone?

aeromarine

NES Member
I just tried accessing the New England Repeater website (New England Repeater Directory) and it appears to be gone. Anybody know what happened to it and when? I always found it to be a valuable resource. If it's gone permanently that will be a shame. I know there are other sites with similar information but I really liked the way the way information was presented on this one and how it could be sorted quickly by state, county, town or frequency.

Please respond if you are using alternative sites for repeater information and what your opinion is of them.

Thanks!

Sorry for the false alarm! It must have been down on Saturday. One of those advertisements offering the site link for sale came up instead. I tried several times to access the site but same story. Thanks for letting me know it is still there!

I used that list to program my radios with all the NE repeaters. I have since decided to only program the areas adjacent to the NS of Mass and I used the ARRL repeater directory. It gets updated every year and contains every repeater in the US. In my experience the list you are asking about is not very current and lots of the repeaters that are listed are no longer in service.

Just a quick note on the Gloucester repeater owned by CAARA. For years they were a no PL repeater, but they just turned on a PL of 107.2. The new ARRL directory and the NE Repeater directory have the correct 107.2 tone, but my old 2008 directory has no PL listed for it.

W1GLO

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom