New Feature Request: Selective Ignore

Or perhaps a feature to simply turn off and on all 'ignores'? Might be simpler than selective for specific threads. In my case there are a few who I find annoying in Off Topic but would have no problem reading what they have to say in gun-related threads. Probably too big of a PITA to implement unless available in some future platform version.

Do people really need an app feature to selectively censor for you? You get so upset at someone's posts in a public forum that you can't take it? I legitimately don't understand how you are not doing this already. We should be doing this in all aspects of our live which include this forum. All news sources, the government, teachers. Hell, when my wife tells me something I run it through a filter. You should learn how to do this.

I would love to have the capability to ignore selected users in specific threads, but not in others. There are people that I appreciate what they have to say in many areas, but they're totally out-of-control in 1 or 2 threads/areas.
If I want to ignore anyone in one thread I pretty much want to ignore them everywhere. Let me know if you see my post.

[wave]

If I want to ignore anyone in one thread I pretty much want to ignore them everywhere. Let me know if you see my post.

[wave]
Either we see eye to eye or not at all. If you’re on my ignore list it’s for good reason to me and there’s little chance of me giving a shit on anything else you have to say.

Why would someone censor what information reaches them just so they can have a one sided view? Seems a great way to become ignorant of what others are thinking.

Now negative emotes, that we need.

Why would someone censor what information reaches them just so they can have a one sided view? Seems a great way to become ignorant of what others are thinking.

You are seriously generalizing and assuming the only reason to use the ignore button is because one is ignorant and can't see other points of views. Some people are just so consistently annoying I am better off not reading their stuff, even if I agree with some of their viewpoints. My ignore list is pretty small, but there are some... ;)

You are seriously generalizing and assuming the only reason to use the ignore button is because one is ignorant and can't see other points of views. Some people are just so consistently annoying I am better off not reading their stuff, even if I agree with some of their viewpoints. My ignore list is pretty small, but there are some... ;)

I totally agree with @42! in his viewpoint, and I've never blocked anybody (except once, as an experiment, for about ten minutes), but based on the timing of this thread? I suspect I know who the OP wants to selectively ignore, and yep. He's freaking annoying.

Let me try to clarify something here. I did not generalize or assume anything. If you look at my statement all I did was make a factual statement, I never said anyone was ignorant. I used the term "ignorant of what others are thinking" as in unknowing of what someone else is thinking. And I said that blocking someone was a path to this state. The statement is one of self evident fact. If you don't read what they say then you don't know what they are saying. Pretty simple really.

And I ask why someone would do such a thing, suggesting the answer is that they only what to hear about one side. It's a question. Feel free to provide another possibility.
It's been suggested that this other person's posts are annoying when read, to which I shrug my shoulders and say, then don't read it. But someday you might find something they say interesting, or maybe they post a funny meme that you then dupe, because you never say the post. Just one possibility.

I totally agree with @42! in his viewpoint, and I've never blocked anybody (except once, as an experiment, for about ten minutes), but based on the timing of this thread? I suspect I know who the OP wants to selectively ignore, and yep. He's freaking annoying.
If your guess involved the letters T, D and S, then you very well may be right.

Back
Top Bottom