• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New firearm itch

Squib, get a real gun!

maxresdefault.jpg

everyone should own a J frame revolver, a K Frame revolver, a Ruger MkIII or similar 22 plinking gun, a mid range quality 1911, and a Remington 870 or Mossberg 500 shotgun.

Also some sort of a 9mm semi automatic full sized and a compact.

And a rifle of your choice

Start with the classics and build from there

everyone should own a J frame revolver, a K Frame revolver, a Ruger MkIII or similar 22 plinking gun, a mid range quality 1911, and a Remington 870 or Mossberg 500 shotgun.

Also some sort of a 9mm semi automatic full sized and a compact.

And a rifle of your choice

Start with the classics and build from there
I got a old itch recently. Came across a small batch of fun money and some very good deals on some old guns.
Low serial Chief Special and a 75 year old Arisaka type 99.
I dont know why but "new" guns just dont make me itch

I’m in the same boat, have $950 in gift cards at the local gun range/shop and not sure what my next purchase will be. I’m all set for revolvers. All set for semi handguns, might go for another P365 as a backup but they will only be able to get the MA version w the safety and I don’t want that.

So thinking shotgun because I don’t have any. Don’t really have much use for one but probably useful to have a hunting combo if Armageddon comes, will probably not ever come out of the safe. They’re also not expensive so not sure if I want to blow gift cards on that. Thinking of a Tavor bull pup in 5.56, just to have one. Or a mini14, again just to have one. Or a mini30... I also don’t have a longer range rifle, maybe a .308 of some variety - just to have one.

Another consideration is that safe space is at a premium, I suppose I could keep something locked and stored other than in the safe. Looking to move in next year or two and when I do I’ll invest in lots of Safe capacity.

If it was my money I’d be all set but since I have these gift cards I need to do something with them, and should have another $1,000 in gift cards by Thanksgiving. Gift cards are OPM.

Something in .40
*ducks*

.40 Short & Weak is falling out of favor and fast.... but there are tons of them out there that could be had for reasonable money.

One of the good things about a .40 is you can drop a .357Sig barrel into many Fortays and you get a fun round to shoot.

Same with a .357 revolver... you can shoot .38Spl wad cutter reloads all day long for short money, or you can have fun with a hotter load

Back
Top Bottom