New firearm itch

.40 Short & Weak is falling out of favor and fast.... but there are tons of them out there that could be had for reasonable money.

One of the good things about a .40 is you can drop a .357Sig barrel into many Fortays and you get a fun round to shoot.

Same with a .357 revolver... you can shoot .38Spl wad cutter reloads all day long for short money, or you can have fun with a hotter load

You can also drop a 9mm barrel into many fotays

I love the scandium smith 357 j frames. Learn to shoot that thing well and you won't have a problem shooting anything else.

If you have some money to burn you could buy multiples. For the price of a new high end rifle you could buy a bunch of glock 19s and remington 870s to stash all over the house. That would be useful.

Do you own enough ARs? STOP! If you answered yes to this question please seek medial attention immediately. You may be suffering from a stroke.

ETA: I also love the kidd 10/22s. Holy crap, what an interesting gun.

I’m in the same boat, have $950 in gift cards at the local gun range/shop and not sure what my next purchase will be. I’m all set for revolvers. All set for semi handguns, might go for another P365 as a backup but they will only be able to get the MA version w the safety and I don’t want that.

So thinking shotgun because I don’t have any. Don’t really have much use for one but probably useful to have a hunting combo if Armageddon comes, will probably not ever come out of the safe. They’re also not expensive so not sure if I want to blow gift cards on that. Thinking of a Tavor bull pup in 5.56, just to have one. Or a mini14, again just to have one. Or a mini30... I also don’t have a longer range rifle, maybe a .308 of some variety - just to have one.

Another consideration is that safe space is at a premium, I suppose I could keep something locked and stored other than in the safe. Looking to move in next year or two and when I do I’ll invest in lots of Safe capacity.

If it was my money I’d be all set but since I have these gift cards I need to do something with them, and should have another $1,000 in gift cards by Thanksgiving. Gift cards are OPM.
If you're all set in the firearms department, start collecting ammo, ammo, and more ammo.

Not a matter of size, or needs. just want to add something else to the collection.
I've been thinking about a 9mm 2011.. but that might be too pricey right now.
Been looking at:
Glock 19X
Sig 320
Six 320X
CZ
P365
Glock 48
Glock G45

I’m in the same boat, have $950 in gift cards at the local gun range/shop and not sure what my next purchase will be. I’m all set for revolvers. All set for semi handguns, might go for another P365 as a backup but they will only be able to get the MA version w the safety and I don’t want that.

So thinking shotgun because I don’t have any. Don’t really have much use for one but probably useful to have a hunting combo if Armageddon comes, will probably not ever come out of the safe. They’re also not expensive so not sure if I want to blow gift cards on that. Thinking of a Tavor bull pup in 5.56, just to have one. Or a mini14, again just to have one. Or a mini30... I also don’t have a longer range rifle, maybe a .308 of some variety - just to have one.

Another consideration is that safe space is at a premium, I suppose I could keep something locked and stored other than in the safe. Looking to move in next year or two and when I do I’ll invest in lots of Safe capacity.

If it was my money I’d be all set but since I have these gift cards I need to do something with them, and should have another $1,000 in gift cards by Thanksgiving. Gift cards are OPM.

YEAH I've been wanting another shotgun too. I can get the p365 without the safety. I don't think I would want the one with it either.

I wouldnt do a bull pup myself, dont wanna spend round and money on training on being proficient on that platform. but they do look nice.

you did just give me an idea tho ! id love a revolver. maybe a .44 snubby !!

Depends upon what you already have. Small carry gun? Larger, winter carry gun? HD handgun? Range/plinking gun? Revolvers and semis?
i dont have a lot. just starting my collection. so theres a lot i want lol. a lot of small ones, a lot of big ones.
dont have any revolvers tho.
whats a HD gun?

i dont have a lot. just starting my collection. so theres a lot i want lol. a lot of small ones, a lot of big ones.
dont have any revolvers tho.
whats a HD gun?
Home defense. But yeah, my thing lately has been WW1 because the prices are starting to climb and I like old firearms anyways so I have been hoovering up anything service grade or better while they're still "cheap"

Personally I'm bored with what you can buy in gun stores new. I'm more interested in buying something interesting even if it's used. There's a couple of interesting things for sale in the NES classifieds right now that I"m seriously considering. [smile]
well i can pretty ,uch get whatever i want

everyone should own a J frame revolver, a K Frame revolver, a Ruger MkIII or similar 22 plinking gun, a mid range quality 1911, and a Remington 870 or Mossberg 500 shotgun.

Also some sort of a 9mm semi automatic full sized and a compact.

And a rifle of your choice

Start with the classics and build from there
always wanted a big caliber, little snubb nose revolver. also i do need a .22 handgun. already got a pretty nice 1911 and i shouldve never sold my shotgun. maybe ill replace that.

I’m in a similar boat and have been wanting a 10mm. I already have a Delta Elite, so that’s not going to see much range time, so I was thing Glock 20 or Long Slide MOS 40.
I like how you think my friend. I always wanted a 34, but then again I also want a 19X and a 48 and a 43x and G45. I gotta stop buying Glocks tho I have 4 Glocks. they make up like 90% of all my guns that ain't right lol

I like how you think my friend. I always wanted a 34, but then again I also want a 19X and a 48 and a 43x and G45. I gotta stop buying Glocks tho I have 4 Glocks. they make up like 90% of all my guns that ain't right lol

I have a Gen5 G19 MOS and love it. Never thought I’d like Glocks, but I’m glad I picked one up. Although, that’s the only Glock I have.

Yes, thinking lever action too. Agonizing over caliber .357, .44mag - I have revolverators in both calibers. Or do I get a rifle caliber?
I have Ruger snub, 4" and 6" 38/357 and a Henry lever rifle to match and a SuperRedHawk 7 1/2" with a matching Henry carbine. Both combos are awesome to shoot. The 44 carbine gives a nice thump with magnum rounds, feels comforting:D:D

Back
Top Bottom