• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New firearm itch

When darkness be closin in
I'm motivated, with the howlin wind
With a list of chosen men, frozen in sin
Knowin that your end is beginnin
Swift silent and deadly
There's no defending my plots, I know your every movement
For six months I watch, coulda gotchu at your baby's mother's house
Even at your down-low weed spot
But the backdrop, wasn't flattering enough
I didn't want people gathering and stuff
Snapshots of blood splattering from the snuff
Here - puff this here, while I figure which way, to split yo' wig
Right now you as nervous, as a Farmer John pig
As I dig into my tragic bag, take out the HK
Twist on the silencer, insert the thirty-shot mag
Bullet stuck to his brain like a magnet
Skull in fragments, I leave the cleanup to Dragnet

Makarov if you don't have one.

In 9mm, a Beretta 92, or those new Canik Turkish ones seem REALLY good. Also CZ.

9mm compact? Ruger's new one seems good:

R.I.P. RUGER LC9S

and:
Ruger EC9s The Budget Single Stack 9mm

How about 10mm?

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BzVaPxEgQ5I/

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BzRAtr-Aq2C/

"awr_hawkins
If you’re looking a #10mmthe @rockislandarmory Ultra FSis hard to beat. Perfectly balance and Incredibly accurate. @gunnerationx"

.22 revolver?

.357?

SO many choices!

Last edited:
Getting an itch for another firearm... Was thinking maybe a handgun.

Help a brother out .. What would you get?

I would take the money and buy another case or three of ammo while it's still cheap. If you actually have to ask someone what gun to buy, you're not ready to buy another one.

-Mike

Not a matter of size, or needs. just want to add something else to the collection.
I've been thinking about a 9mm 2011.. but that might be too pricey right now.
Been looking at:
Glock 19X
Sig 320
Six 320X
CZ
P365
Glock 48
Glock G45

You want the Sig P320 X-Five Coyote.

Done.

basically, a factory IDPA gun. 5" barrel (vs most other 320's are shorter, including the M17). Optics ready. tuned flat-face trigger. magwell. Four TWENTY-ONE round mags, standard.

P320 XFive Coyote

Last edited:
If I could afford it I would love to get a Browning Hi-Power.

If I had my choice, it would be a lightweight Browning Buckmark, with 5" barrel, fiber sights, maybe wood grips. This would be for plinking, targets, and hunting, maybe even some friendly competitions. Are these legally for sale in shops in Massachusetts? I haven't even started to check yet.

If I had my choice, it would be a lightweight Browning Buckmark, with 5" barrel, fiber sights, maybe wood grips. This would be for plinking, targets, and hunting, maybe even some friendly competitions. Are these legally for sale in shops in Massachusetts? I haven't even started to check yet.

Yes they are. Rubber stock grips can be switched to wood easily. About $425 new.

Attachments

• 58BBC07D-DC7F-43BD-A9B0-32289DCE7771.jpeg
    58BBC07D-DC7F-43BD-A9B0-32289DCE7771.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 11

I have a Buckmark Hunter with wood grips and the Browning reflex sight on it. No pictures right now, but yes, they’re available.

I’d go for another carry piece. Have a Glock 17 (yes, I carry that), Sig P250c in 45, a Kahr CM9, a Bersa Thunder .380, so why not another 9mm? 9mm ammo is so cheap right now. I’m thinking about a Sig P365 non safety with a light trigger. HST is on sale for half off the bricks on Target Sports right now. That’s some seriously cheap mince meat makers.

I get the itch all the time. Right now though, I need

An 11.5" upper for SBR'd lower
A suppressor or 2
Perhaps a Glock 48 or 43X (I just want a damn Glock lol)

The want list never ends, smh. I think it would be cheaper to get a commercial fishing boat and chase bluefin tuna at this point

Barrett REC7 in 224 valkyrie
Christensen Arms Ridgeline in 7mm-08
6.5CM upper for my Sig 716
Sig P220 in 10mm
Colt Delta Elite
CZ Bren 805
Walther Q5 match
Vepr 12
JM stamped Marlin 1895 GBL
Sig MPX
Sig MCX
Walther PPQ 45
Springfield M1A loaded precision
a couple surplus M1911s
CZ 75

Although, I'll probably just buy some ammo, mags, and a new scope. I've already bought 3 guns this year and my wife has been giving me the stink eye.

I never had any interest in antique firearms, until I was given a Colt 1860 revolver several months back. It was a gift from a family member's friend who knew I was into firearms and thought I would appreciate the history of it. Holy crap what a cool gift! It was made in 1861 and has military acceptance markings. There is pretty much zero doubt that it served in civil war at some point.
Right now the cylinder is soaking in transmission fluid and Free-All to help remove the original nipples. I have a set of replacement nipples, and hell yes I'm going to fire this thing. I'll save the original nipples of course.

EA58094E-5948-4B1A-8E25-39919EEA9553.jpeg

Lol I ended up doing the same thing about a month ago. Decent little gun. I don't even think I've cleaned it yet, actually...

-Mike
I need more time behind it. Slow fire at 50feet was ok, but timed fire/rapid fire was all way left. Great ergonomics though. May sell my skinflint carry gun now (PT709 Slim)

Back
Top Bottom