New Firearms Acquisition Thread July 2022

No such thing.

Buy one of these. Download an old reloading manual (process hasn’t changed at all since they have been printing them) look up new data online and hammer away.

I’ve loaded many a beautiful 357 on one of these loaders.

I’ll toss you a couple hundred bullets and some brass.

Then all you need is primers at 10 cents a pop and 6-7 cents worth of powder. Beats the heck out of the 70 cents a round they want for 357 online.
This. @EMTDAD i thought you were reloading already?

picked up a new Ruger GP100 in 357Magnum at Cabelas on Sunday using POINTS.. so basically FREE for me.. can't beat free guns. My first revolver... been aching for a good revolver for a while now..

now to just find ammo... anyone have any leads on reasonably priced .357 and in stock.?
Midway and TSUSA have some but ain’t cheap

Yes.. need dies and cases.. i should be able to get the other supplies. I have all the equipment
The Zero brand 158 gr JHPs just sold out the other day. They’re all I use for 357 magnum. Price went from 10 cents to 14 cents each shipped but I bought mine before the price increase.

If you wanna take the drive down this way I’ll hook you up with some brass. Enough to get started.
my wife's working in New Bedford on 8/18.. maybe you can drop them with her or I can have her swing by Fairhaven.. Since she works at a bank, she can't (won't) bring them in, so it'd have to be after work.

my wife's working in New Bedford on 8/18.. maybe you can drop them with her or I can have her swing by Fairhaven.. Since she works at a bank, she can't (won't) bring them in, so it'd have to be after work.
Let me know and I’ll put some aside for you. There’s a local shop with an old set of RCBS dies for short money too. About 5-10 minutes from anywhere in NB

Finally finished my AR build after picking up the lower from Krazy Kustoms for some cerakote work. I think it came out pretty slick. Really makes the skull pop. Need to change out the Hogue grip as it’s too slim for my hand
Edit: I’ve since installed the scope mount correctly 🤣
C3E1010E-589A-4C67-96C6-63131EA6A51E.jpeg9343A869-9E37-494D-B227-73AFAA9548C2.jpeg40B573C7-09B7-4240-98B3-D298140CA838.jpeg38FA7613-D1A9-4EFA-92EA-487295B05BD3.jpeg

Last edited:
I've been wanting a full size .45 ACP 1911 for a long time, and when I saw this at my LGS yesterday, I couldn't resist...it's a custom order (by my LGS) Colt/Nighthawk Custom Series 70:

full

full

Frank

View attachment 636742

- H&K MR7.62
- Vortex Viper PSTII 3-15x44 FFP MRAD on a LaRue Tactical Mount
- LaRue/Harris Bipod
- KAC rail mounted anti-cant device
- BFG sling
- SureFire SOCOM Brake/Warden
- Armageddon Gear Cheeky Bastard
Geissele Trigger and HK417 SCH Charging Handle on order delivered and installed 😍
How do you like the warden?

How do you like the warden?

Work has been a little crazy, so I haven’t shot it on the .308 yet — on 5.56 it functions like a linear comp. I like it for what it is, but it’s not a suppressor and never will be… it doesn’t really mitigate sound, but does “throw” it forward. I’d say it’s a little bit noticeable at the shooter. When shooting prone it does help to mitigate signature by reducing dust kickup. I haven’t shot it at night to see if it does anything to mitigate signature with a 3-prong flash hider.

Work has been a little crazy, so I haven’t shot it on the .308 yet — on 5.56 it functions like a linear comp. I like it for what it is, but it’s not a suppressor and never will be… it doesn’t really mitigate sound, but does “throw” it forward. I’d say it’s a little bit noticeable at the shooter. When shooting prone it does help to mitigate signature by reducing dust kickup. I haven’t shot it at night to see if it does anything to mitigate signature with a 3-prong flash hider.
I was watching some videos and was worried it would allow too much flash, but I realized they were all pistol/sbr lengths. Ill probably end up getting one eventually

Back
Top Bottom