• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Firearms Roster 2-2012

So, The new approved firearms roster is out. Anything been added that's worth talking about?

http://www.mass.gov/eopss/docs/chsb/firearms/approved-weapons-roster-2-2012.pdf

P.S. It's so great how they keep adding all the new Gen4 Glocks [laugh]. Yet they can't be sold new in a shop because of how incredibly "dangerous" they are without a "approved loaded chamber indicator" and 10lb useless trigger.

So, The new approved firearms roster is out. Anything been added that's worth talking about?

http://www.mass.gov/eopss/docs/chsb/firearms/approved-weapons-roster-2-2012.pdf

P.S. It's so great how they keep adding all the new Gen4 Glocks [laugh]. Yet they can't be sold new in a shop because of how incredibly "dangerous" they are without a "approved loaded chamber indicator" and 10lb useless trigger.

If you want a new gen4 Glock, look in the classifieds. There are always plenty in there.

People still look at this list? I stopped looking about 2 weeks after I got my LTC and a day after I found this forum when I realized it didn't matter.

This.

I was just stating you can look around, that's all. I didn't say I would actually buy one at that price.

Really tired of hearing "don't like, don't buy." No shit!

Let the guy have his chuckle over the laws in the state and move on.

I'm guessing the AG list is the same? How often does that get updated?

The AG makes regulations that the guns must comply to. This is separate and in addition to the tests that allow the gun on the approved firearms roster. The manufacturer is responsible to ensure their gun is compliant to the AG regulations before it can be sold in Mass. They will notify the distributors and they will then allow Mass gun dealers/shops to place orders, then we see them in the shops.

...and because of all this garbage is the reason why many manufacturers don't want to deal with it and will never go through the whole wonderful process.

If you want a new gen4 Glock, look in the classifieds. There are always plenty in there.

I was just thinking more like... Wouldn't it be nice to walk in Four Seasons (for example) and buy a brand new straight from the factory Glock for $495-$525 range. It's sad that a $500 gun takes $750+ to buy because of a foolish list.

I was just thinking more like... Wouldn't it be nice to walk in Four Seasons (for example) and buy a brand new straight from the factory Glock for $495-$525 range. It's sad that a $500 gun takes $750+ to buy because of a foolish list.

As I said. keep looking. Not all of them are crazy prices.

Didn't see that spiffy new Ruger .22 pistol on there. Or did I missit?

You mean the SR22? That's unfortunately not on the new list. It was introduced to the public in early January so it didn't have time to go through the whole process. I'm hoping it's on the next one though. It was a huge hit at Shot Show 2012 and I've heard a lot of good stuff from friends who have one in states where freedom isn't restricted...

A waste of money at $750 and equally a waste at $525.

Wow, I never bothered looking at that list before. There are only 21 different manufacturers on that list, and a bunch of them only have one or two approved models. What a bunch of crap.

The AG makes regulations that the guns must comply to. This is separate and in addition to the tests that allow the gun on the approved firearms roster. The manufacturer is responsible to ensure their gun is compliant to the AG regulations before it can be sold in Mass. They will notify the distributors and they will then allow Mass gun dealers/shops to place orders, then we see them in the shops.

...and because of all this garbage is the reason why many manufacturers don't want to deal with it and will never go through the whole wonderful process.

Sorry, what I meant was "I'm guessing the AG list hasn't changed." I realize they're very different.

Back
Top Bottom