• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New floor install necessitates moving a gunsafe.

This cute lille guy has chewed the upstairs carpets and now I have to repace the flooring, granted it is 27 years old and time to replace. I will need to move a 400ish lb empty safe from one side of the room to the other while they install the flooring and then back again. I will be doing this alone. I was thinking of something like this. Not sure how well this will work on the carpet but the new flooring will be pergo. Any suggestions?

Amazon product ASIN B0B2K56BJDView: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B2K56BJD/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A3OH5SJVYZQ6TT&psc=1

If you can take the door off, it will probably be about half the weight each.
Yup. This. 👆Take the door off if you can.

I got two new safes last month and had a friend (and fellow FFL) help me move them in; as we're unpacking them on the trailer, he looks dubiously at them and says something about how heavy they are (400lbs each). I said, "Well, we're going to take the door off, first." He just looks at me like I'd grown a second head... then when I lift the first door off, he shakes his head and tells me he never knew they could do that... and he'd gotten TWO safes that are the same brand as mine! I laughed at him. (He bought a third one a couple of weeks ago - I told him I'd help move it it, but he got his business partner to do it. Wonder if he took the door off this one!)

I bought 2 8' PVC pipes, cut them to the width of the safe, and moved the safe easily, no damage to the hardwood floors. Worked for the Romans & Egyptians also!

Everyone should have one of these. I wouldn't try to take it up a flight of stairs,but to move it 6' across a room, I would have no problem.
I bet I use mine 5 or 6 times a year. Pneumatic tires are a must. Easily ride over a door threshhold or up wooden stairs.

58291_W3.jpg

I tried to take one of those up a flight of stairs with a tool cabinet.

Terrible idea [laugh]

Said f*ck it and carried the cabinet on my own.

That is how I learned why they make those with the stairs thing.

I bought 2 8' PVC pipes, cut them to the width of the safe, and moved the safe easily, no damage to the hardwood floors. Worked for the Romans & Egyptians also!
Did this across my FILs back yard with a slab of granite for his pool yard. Used fence posts though. Was joking about how no one had a whip in hand

Back
Top Bottom