• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New folks check in and say HI #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya, I've missed a bunch in the last couple of weeks.
Welcome to you all. Enjoy and be active!

Hi, my name is Matt and am active duty Air Force (16 years and counting). I was born & raised in CT, but since the end of 1990 I've been going on a world tour for Uncle Sam. I'm currently living in the free south (NC), but have a nice log cabin in the Berkshires. I've been into guns since I was 12 and living in Chaplin, CT. I have quite a bit of cool firearms (I just completed a USC to UMP conversion) and work part time at a local gun shop as an armorer and gunsmith. I head up north a few times a year and I hope to make some friendships here and meet some of you good people in person...maybe do some shooting and eat some lobster [wink] I have a lot of firearms experience, but I am always learning something all the time.

Matt, welcome and thanks for your Service! Hope you enjoy it here.

We have shoots and dinners/luncheons (each month in a different area is the current goal), but they are planned/announced in the NES Members forum (which is restricted to those that pay $19/yr to defray the cost of running these forums). Similarly all group buys are run in the NES Members forum as well.

Enjoy all your toys in a free land, we still have a fair amount of restrictions in the Commiewealth of Mass.

Len, thanks for the (early morning) welcome [wink] To me it seems like CT & MA went down the toilet when I was in Germany and has gotten worse ever since. I feel for everyone up in the NE because I do go back once in a while (to MA) and will most likely retire there as well...so I do have a vested interest in what is going on. I don't know how screwed I will be with what I have, and for some reason I know I will be screwed because I believe that 98% of my firearms are verboten.

I don't know how screwed I will be with what I have, and for some reason I know I will be screwed because I believe that 98% of my firearms are verboten.

Matt,

First, welcome to NES! Second, thanks for serving.

Third - you may have the wrong idea about what guns you can have in MA. NO handguns are banned. We DO have an AWB, unfortunately - I don't know how that affects folks who move in the state with eeeevil AWBs - check in our Gun Laws forum; I'm sure that that's been covered already.

Also, if you want to make some $$$ when you do retire up here... go to a gun shop and purchase some handguns that are not on the EOPS list or forbidden to be sold per our AG. Those rules only apply to gun DEALERS - private citizens with, say, third gen Glocks or Kimbers can sell them easily up here for a premium... because they're hard to come by here.

And if you happen to move up here with, say, a .45LC/.410 derringer... I'm sure you could find a dwarven one who'd buy it from you. [wink]

Hi-cap mags of recent mfr will be the biggest problem for anyone moving to MA . . . illegal to possess! Long guns banned by the AWB can also NOT be brought into MA, not even to just shoot them and return home (other state) with them.

Before you decide to move back here, "talk" with us . . . NH is NOT that far away and a whole lot friendlier (and cheaper in most areas) to live in.

Before you decide to move back here, "talk" with us . . . NH is NOT that far away and a whole lot friendlier (and cheaper in most areas) to live in.
But if you do want to come here, we'll be more than happy to have you help in the fight.

Thanks for the welcome! I already have a cabin in Sandisfield w/26 acres (prime bear/deer/turkey hunting area!!!) that has been in the family for about 30+ years now. I can see the hi-cap mags as I have a bunch of the H&K 416 AR mags, USP tactical mags, P90 mags, et al that I don't believe will be going with me unfortunately. So no pistols are banned for a personal sale??? Is someone looking for a Bond Arms derringer? I have waaaay too much cool stuff to just leave down here. I would love to do some shooting with you guys with my "armory" :D

I can see the hi-cap mags as I have a bunch of the H&K 416 AR mags, USP tactical mags, P90 mags, et al that I don't believe will be going with me unfortunately.
Just make sure that it's only the post ban mags you leave behind! Preban are just fine... although some people will tell you to make sure that you have the receipts with you just in case.

So no pistols are banned for a personal sale??? Is someone looking for a Bond Arms derringer?
Correct. Just those eeevil 11+ round magazines. They're killers, ya know. Make an innocent Para P14 just go out by itself and start killing. [rolleyes] And yes, I'd love a Bond Arms Cowboy Defender derringer in .45LC/.410 - they just look seriously cool.

Good afternoon,
Hans from Ct here. Don't know what to say, I have a the family thing going now, I do many sports and also love to shoot guns and strive everytime for that perfect shot. Also in ways to improve on that one shot. I must say I have gotten many great tips readying the forum. I am really excited to get to the range again and see the results. I currently own/carry a G-23 I plink with a 357 revolver. I am looking so forward to warmer weather to clean out my grandfathers 222. I hope to use this forum for both information and political updates.
Hans

Thanks guys,
I responded to a topic earlyer on how you carry or something to that affect. I currently use a Ne Santis E85-E1 OWB. I like it but depending on clothing I am self consous of total concealment. Could anyone recomend a IWB that they have used and liked. I am planning on going to the show in Springfield coming up, I thought there would probly be plenty of veriety there. I would guesse I posted this in the wrong place but I couldn't find a topic on holsters.
Thanks for any help
Hans

New from NJ

Hi,
I'm new to shooting. Took a couple of NRA courses and am waiting for my firearms ID and pistol applications to process. What I've learned in the past few weeks about the political hay made over gun laws by ignorant or cynical politicians turns my stomach. So far everyone I've met involved in firearms has been decent, polite and helpful.

Hi all, I am new to shooting also. I live in the wonderfully liberal-run state of MA and I am currently in the waiting process to hopefully receive an LTC class A! I have a bit of .22 rifle shooting experience from a few years ago in college, and recently took a great firearms course at sigarms up in NH. I've found theres a great community here, good to see there are other enthusiasts around! I've learned a lot from this site and it is motivating me to become involved and informed with gun issues in the state. Other than that, I'm 23 and recently graduated from UNH with a degree in mechanical engineering. Hope to be around the site for a while!

-Tom

Hello, I found your link on the GOAL site. I've been ease dropping on your posts for several weeks and decided to sign up. Since you know how living in Boston is for law abiding citizens you'll understand when I tell you I have a Class A LTC, sort of. [rofl]
I belong to 2 gun and rifle clubs, Boston & Braintree, SAS, GOAL and as of today, the NRA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom