• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Len if you could give me some contact info on his courses I would love to attend one. I would even try to get my old man to go (he is a LEO as well)

Hello NES

I saw this thread and figured it was time to introduce myself.

My name is Matt and I live in Townsend, MA.

I shoot the Lunenburg, No. Leominster, Westminster, & Winchendon bowling pin loop. I enjoy shooting, hunting with a pistol, fly fishing, fly tying, and watching football. I am also on NRA certified firearms instructor.

I think that about covers the basics. Have a good weekend.

Matt

Hello everyone,

My name is David and I joined yesterday. I'm taking a course up at Sigarms next weekend and will be applying for a class A LTC.

Best regards,
David

Hello From Nashua

New member here from Nashua. Looks like a nice place for info with like minded people. Thx for the place to peruse...Dennis

Just found this thread... I'm about as new as they come, I had my hands on a firearm for the first time ever earlier today. I found the forum searching on the web for first timers information, and from the looks of things that just the tip of the iceberg. I look forward to applying for my LTC possibly next summer or early next year.

Hi. My name isn't really Wayne Wong. First name that popped into my head so I used it. My real name is Jeff. Anyway, I let my LTC expire many years ago, and I have an application in to get a new one. Trying for ALP but would still be OK with sports and recreational use. I think I know some of you from work and from the past. I hope that I can revive some old friendships and make some new ones.

Mid-life crisis? Perhaps. I'm trying to relive some of the excitement and adventure of my youth.

So I'm thinking about a Beretta 87 .22 Caliber Cheetah Pistol. I joined the American Firearms range in North Attleboro. Looking forward to some fun, friendship, and camaraderie.

Regards,

Jeff

Hi all....long time lurker here. Just looking to chat with a bunch of like-minded folks and hopefully find a shooting buddy or two...or three or four...I live in Holliston, MA.

In addition to shooting, I'm a football addict and I also like beer. [smile]

thanks!
Shawn

Hello All

I can't remember through what search engine or link I found this site but am glad I stumbled across it.

I am a newbie with very little shooting experience. When I was a teenager in northern NYS I had a shotgun, got my small game permit and shot some tweety birds but that is about it. I took a basic hunting class in college a couple years later and shot my brother's target pistol a couple times a few years after that but it has been about 20 years since firing any weapon.

I just took the SigArms Handgun Orientation course and am looking to get my LTC. I live in Everett and anyone knowing anythning about the process here, please feel free to chime in. I figure I might take a couple more courses at SigArms to add to my comfort level. Oh yeah ...and practice practice, practice! Anyone know what range would be the best in my area to check out? I also work in Winchester so something near there would be good too.

For now, I am thinking of going up to the Machester, NH shooting range in order to rent and try a few handguns so I can pick the one that will be right for me. I have heard they have a great range and a very good rental selection to choose from. Once I figure that out I am hoping to go to the shop in Woburn to make the purchase.

Any advice is welcome! Looking forward to learning from all the folks here.

Paul

Paul, there are a few rental ranges in MA as well if you don't find what you like at MFL. AFS in North Attleboro, Boston Gun Range in Worcester and S&W in Springfield.

Oh, yeah - welcome to the madness.

Thanks Dwarven1. I mostly want to check out some Sig pistols and I spoke to someone at Four Seasons in Woburn and he suggested the Manchester range. I don't want to drive that far, however, if I don't have to. I will give those a call first to see what they offer.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom