New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Good Morning. Well just started to get back into shooting after allowing my LTC to expire years ago..Waiting for my safety course schedule for next week and then wait for the Class A to come through or be denied..Been reading through the forum and there is a ton of information here for newbie which was great..Thank you.

Rick
aka Bostonshovel..
1980 Custom Shovelhead.

Hello to the list

hello there John Peterson here.

alot of great information and discussions on here.

am a firearms instructor and former military / worked at Smith & Wesson Academy and other places over the years / also a Sustaining Life Member of GOAL and Life Member of GONH

Keep training and doing good things

JP

Greetings

My name is Al, I'm a chemist. Hence the screen name. I plan on being a regular post'er. I believe I have a lot to learn from all of you. And I hope you take my BOLD statements with a grain of salt. More than often, I rub people the wrong way. [laugh]

Hello everyone. I just discovered your site last night and started reading through many posts. Great info here!!!!
My name is Jeff, 43 years old and just moved to Medford in
March from CT. After reading the thread on different towns last night I guess it is obvious I wont be getting a LTC in MA. Not living in Medford anyway.

My shooting experience started when I was about 10 with a BB gun. Dad took me to the pond, picked up a can and was going to throw it out onto the frozen ice so I could practice. He threw the can I hit it in mid air. My first shot ever.. I was a naturar!! At 12 my first time with a real gun was at a gun club a friends dad took me to. I watched everyone shooting skeet and finally they let me try. 22 out of 25 wasnt to bad for a beginner..

Joined the Army at 18 and spent 2 years in Germany as part of my duty. Was picked for the rifle team (M 60) At the end of the most important shooting during the competition the Division Commander came over shook my hand and said it was the best shootiung by a 60 gunner he had ever seen. The targets went from 50 meters to 1100 meters. At 1100 meters I was the last person still shooting(everyone else shot all thier ammo on the closer targets. ) When i finished I also turnd in 1/2 my ammo i was alotted.

Anyway, thats a little about me. I look forward to meeting and talking with many of you in the future!!

Jeff, welcome and thanks for your service!

You'll likely get a LTC in M'fd, but it'll probably be crippled so that you can't "carry" in MA.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
Len, if I cant carry in MA what will that do when I travel and want to carry in other states? If I cant get a LTC in Mfd then I may just wait until my lease is up in my Apartment and move somewhere that is Green. In the meantime can I get a permit jest for rifles? The laws in this state just seem crazy.

Jeff, I suggest you spend some time reading the Gun Laws Stickies as most pertinent info/answers can be found there.

A "rifles only" permit is damn near useless in MA, only allows possession of SOME rifles/shotguns (low capacity only), costs the same, the process is almost the same and takes the same amount of time. NO advantage of going there at all.

If you meet the law, you will NOT be denied in Mfd just because you are asking for a LTC. They will issue and you'll be able to possess anything that's legal in MA. You just can't "carry" a loaded gun with a restricted permit.

The laws in MA are insane. They passed crazy at warp speed in 1998. [rolleyes]

Some were challenged and we lost for one reason or another. Info is all here buried in a few years of posts. [wink]

Justice may be blind, but sometimes she's deaf and dumb too! [rolleyes]

John Medford aint too bad. I got my license here before no problem. I am actually taking the re-certification course down there tonight and last month a cousing of mine was granted a Class A For All Lawful Purposes with no problem. Ill let you know how I make out.

Rick

Hello

My name is Turin, I'm a grad student at WPI, in Worcester. I got into shooting as a kid in boy scouts and shooting with my grandfather in the desert in AZ.

Now I'm an NRA pistol instructor and co-chair for the IDPA chapter at Worcester Pistol and Rifle.

AE

Cigar
Just got back from Medford PD a little while ago after getting printed. I took the course they requested Tuesday night with Richie Leibert who is their Firearms Traniner and a bunch of other stuff. Really nice guy, walked us through some real world scenrio's and made it pretty simple.

He is pretty honest too. He said when you fill out your app make sure you write in All Lawful Purposes-Protection of Life. Then when your called in give them the reason why and its up to the Cheif after that anyway. He did mention that he has been a little more leinant on the permits than more recently.

Hope this helps.
Rick

Hello,

I'm new to the forums. I found Northeasternshooters through a post on Glock Talk. I am a 7 year Marine Corps Disabled Veteran, from Missouri, living in Mass for the last 3 years. I was medically retired from the Marine. I am currently seeking my ALP. When and if i get my ALP, my first gun will be a Glock, however I'm still trying to determine between a G19 or G21. I was a combat photographer while I was in the Marines...so if your in the Somerville area and want some great photo of yourself firing rounds down range let me...I only charge range time and rounds!!!

Back
Top Bottom