• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Found this forum while looking for a basic firearms safety class and was directed to MFS (great experience) where our instructor Mike said this was a great group so here I am.

I'm Brad from Natick. I've been shooting firearms since I was around 12, when I got a NEF single shot break action 20ga for Christmas that year. Moved to MA from NC a couple years ago and have decided to bring my firearms up. Applying for my LTC A as soon as the weather clears. I'm still looking for a good local club and recommendations are welcome. Also looking at getting into competition shooting.

Hello Brad,

Plenty of information ready at your fingertips for LTC, Clubs and Competition shooting.
Glad your getting back into shooting and hope to see you active on the board. Enjoy!

Hello, my name is Justin,I am 27 yrs old and I am also new to NES, I found the site one evening when googling some questions I had around gun ownership and found my answer here. I live in Everett, MA and am new to gun ownership, I got my LTC class A no restrictions last month and purchased my 1st firearm the same day. I have found some interesting topics here that have taught me some new things right off the bat and look forward toa place to go to ask/answer questions. Nice to know NES is around!

Howdy, I'm John, just registered and stoppin' in to say hi.

I just got my MA class A, and am excited about learning to shoot. I'll probably be asking a lot of dumb questions. I'm joining a local club/range and am about to buy a Ruger 10/22 (my first firearm, so go easy!)

Hello John,

Welcome and thanks for checking in. A 10/22 is a great choice for starting out. You will get plenty of practice on the cheap.
Hope you enjoy the forum and we look forward to having you in the discussions.

Hi all, my name is Steve and I'm new here. I've been around firearms my whole life and I'm prior Air Force. I live on the South Shore, and I'm a member of GOAL and an NRA Life Member. I have my LTC-A and plan on taking a Tactical Handgun Defense Class sooner rather than later and I'd also like to get into IDPA.

Welcome all you new folks!
Howdy, I'm John, just registered and stoppin' in to say hi.

I just got my MA class A, and am excited about learning to shoot. I'll probably be asking a lot of dumb questions. I'm joining a local club/range and am about to buy a Ruger 10/22 (my first firearm, so go easy!)

And what, pray tell, is wrong with buying a 10/22 for your first gun? A 10/22 was my first long gun (I'd bought a Mod 19 a few weeks before that), and I still have it. Modified somewhat (turned it into a scoped LTR) and I've had to replace the firing pin after I wore out the first one, but I still have it. And will until it's taken from my cold, dead hands.

No criticism here; I think you're getting a GREAT gun for your first.

Just don't ever sell it. [wink]

Hi, my name is Bryan (aka B) and I'm from Barnstable (mid-Cape Cod). I've always been interested in guns and shooting, and used BB's and 22's in Scouts until 18, but only got my LTC last year. I bought a beautiful S&W 617 and don't regret a penny of it. I work with my LTC instructor, sf3pox1, so I get to ask TONS of questions (and he's helping me build my AR15). I read alot on here and arfcom, and post a question every so often... definitely when my ar15 is complete... I've got no paid memberships anywhere yet, but that's soon to be fixed (I know, it's worth it).

New member as of a few days ago, and immediately went Green since this site has been, and obviously will be, a very valuable resource. I've been using the discussions here to research public ranges in my area (Upper Cape Cod = Zero, except for Barnstable), and to get feedback on the shops in the area that are newbie friendly. I've also forwarded the MA Gun Laws thread links to my friends that I am trying to persuade to get their Class A, or at least FID. So far, I have actually convinced one Boston resident to pursue his license.

That being said, I grew up in a home with firearms being a dirty little secret that my father and I shared (My mom is severely anti-gun due to a tragic accident in the family at a very young age, this left an indelible impression that will not be undone). Even though I fired my first shotgun at age 8, our trips to the range were very limited and the rest of my exposure came through Boy Scouts, where my father's lessons of safety and responsibility were reinforced. At the very strong urging of a friend, I sought my Class A this past fall, and received it a few months later. I now have a few long guns including a couple .22's and an M1 Garand (a carry-worn shooter from Springfield, born January 1945, all date correct except for a later Winchester bolt). Now I'm quietly shopping for an AR-15, 1911, CCW, O/U shotgun for skeet, 30-06 for hunting up north, slug gun, bird gun, ya know, just a couple to round out the collection.

(Side note, why does the forum spell-check think I misspelled Garand? I mean, that's like going into a football forum and it telling you that Favre is misspelled... get it, "warhorse"... oh never mind)

Last edited:
Hey MadHatterPDC,

Thanks for joining in and supporting the forum so quickly.
Glad to know we got another good guy with us :)
Enjoy the forum and see you on the range!

Hi, neal here from Southern NH.LTC concealed in Nh, waiting on LTC-A Non-resident in MA application. Went green right from the start.been around guns my whole life.love to hunt.just getting into pistols.Want to learn alot more about guns and do more shooting and meet new people!

Hi my name is Jason Craig, thank you for having me. i currently handgun wise own 2 glock 23s and a p22 looking for more experience to become proficient and enjoy the help i recieve on this site thanks again

Hey guys/gals,

Been looking for a thread like this to introduce myself!

My name is Alex, I am 23 - have quite a few guns for my age (so I am told, I think I need more). I am from New York, Putnam County specifically... try to go shooting as much as I can. Been browsing this site for quite a while, figured it was about time I sign up!

Hope to learn a lot from all of you.

Thanks,

Alex [smile]

Hi

My name is Prakash and have acquired a recent love for guns, especially semi-automatic handguns. Got my MA LTC Class A (Target & Hunting) recently. Lobbying my wife really hard for a handgun - eyes set on a Beretta 92FS (with JAC conversion kit) or a Sig P226 (with Sig conversion kit). She seems resolute in not having guns in the house with kids but I am using the AG regulations to say how safe it actually is;-) Let's see. Spent a lot of money at MFL. Will check out Old Bob's in Salisbury as well. Like North Shore Firearms and looking forward to checking out Four Seasons.

Joined the group yesterday. Have been viewing for a while and looking forward to being a contributing member and made some friends - none of my existing friends shoot so it's time for new;-)

Best!

Prakash

Hello Prakash,

This forum is great, you will find a lot of information and some really nice people.
Your two choices the Sig or Beretta are both excellent!
Enjoy and be safe.

Hi

This place looks like it could be my new home on the net. I am a rifle shooter but they made me get a class A LTC. Something about my "life time" FID card had

expired. And all those large magazines. Now the nice guy at the gun store says I have to buy some "large cap" pistols. How many is to many? I have been shooting

for a few years now, but there are a lot of things I don't know about guns. I am sure that there is someone here who will correct me.

Thanks for letting me join.

Buckey Flinch

Hello everybody. My name is John and Im a Marine that is looking for a 600 to 1000 yard range to shoot my M40A1 and well as other fire arms I have. I live in Princeton Ma and would really like to know who to talk to and where to go for some long range shooting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Buckey and John,

NES is happy to have you both. Jump in the discussions I am sure you will enjoy the site.

Hi everyone, I just signed up while looking for info into getting my CCW permit in NH. This looks like a great resource for information about shooting in our area.

Back
Top Bottom