• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hey, Greg here from Marlboro, MA Thought I would say hello. I heard about NES from "Richc" who is a NES member. I applied for my FID in the 80's as soon as I was legally of age and then my LTC the same way. My very first gun was a Marlin 22 Magnum bolt action rifle I bought at Grants in W. Boylston if you remember that place. Beautiful gun and a lot of fun. I still have it today. I was a member of the Southboro Rod & Gun club for a while. Did some duck hunting with some friends and then kind of stopped for a while. "Richc" re-kindled that flame when he invited me to the range to try out his Colt HBAR AR-15 and I was hooked! I liked it so much I bought my own Bushmaster AR-15 ;-) I actually sold my 12 gauge shotgun through NES so I figured since I had such a good experience I decided to pay it forward and signed on as a member. Thanks for listening!

I have lurked for a while and had an account but just decided to "go green". I'm out in west mass, and travel quite a bit for work (stagehand). I have a very modest collection (22s, 9mm, 12g) and am looking to fill a few holes(AR, 1911, O/U, snubby) in the next year or two. I look forward to maybe getting in on a parts group buy when they come up. I heard bout you guys through Glocktalk.

Hey everyone, Jay from Saugus. Friend of mine told me about the site. Said you all used to ship her care packages while we were in Iraq. Figured I would pop on and check it out. So far looks great. I have limited knowledge with guns, basically only what I have learned in the military but I love them. Looking forward to interacting with everyone here.

Hi. I'm Ralph, living in Charlton, MA. I found the board a few weeks ago while searching for info, bookmarked it and now I find myself reading it daily! My experience is limited to the range, primarily handguns but just picked up my first AR.

Just Checking In

Some of you may already know me,but for those that do not the name is Harry and I am from SE MA.

The site looks good Derek.

NRA Life Endowment Member

I have lurked for a while and had an account but just decided to "go green". I'm out in west mass, and travel quite a bit for work (stagehand). I have a very modest collection (22s, 9mm, 12g) and am looking to fill a few holes(AR, 1911, O/U, snubby) in the next year or two. I look forward to maybe getting in on a parts group buy when they come up. I heard bout you guys through Glocktalk.

Welcome to everyone, but a special shout out to another member from WMA! [cheers]

First time poster, long time reader...I found NES in the fall after getting my LTC/A...Have been pinching pennies ever since...trying to get my wife onboard...Your posts have kept me going!...In the next few weeks I will be making my first visit to Four Seasons...I'm thinking Glock 19 for CC if I can muster the courage

Welcome aboard Evergreen, you’ve found a great forum with some truly top notch folks. I know the feeling purchasing that first gun, it can be a bit nerve racking for sure. Once you have your first purchase let us know what you think of it and a range report would be nice. All the best.​

New to NES

Hey All,

First off, I'd like to commend you all on an extremely informative forum. I've found answers to my many questions regarding the FID/LTC application process already.

I'm 31 and live in Rowley, MA, and work as a Network Engineer. I will be completing the Firearms Safety Course soon (for the second time). I had previously taken it 5 years back, but had misplaced the certificate somewhere during a move. I'm all for retaking it...the way I figure, more training and education is NEVER a bad thing.

My main goal is to obtain a Class B LTC as I hear the Chief in my town will only issue a Class B for a first time requester. I'd like to purchase a shotgun for clays and eventually Saltwater Duck in the Great Marsh, and I'm also planning on purchasing a MA approved handgun for targets at a local club.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm sure I'll be asking many questions regarding handgun and club reviews in the future. That's provided that I'm approved for my LTC B.

Looking forward to chewing the fat with you guys and gals.

Chris

Last edited:
What's up eveyrone- I've been reading posts since I took my Pistol Course at the end of January. I just checked my home voicemail and my LTC is ready for pickup at the station!! Needless to say, I can't way to get out work and head right over there. Wasn't bad, around 36 days for the license to come in!! Should make for a fun weekend of shopping!

Joe

Back
Top Bottom