New Glock, G45

From the Glock email this morning

SMYRNA, Ga. – Sep 24, 2018 Today, GLOCK, Inc. announced a new addition to the 9X19 family of pistols featuring the latest in design and engineering seen in the 5th Generation of GLOCK pistols. The GLOCK 45 combines the fast handling of the GLOCK 19 compact-sized slide with the full-size frame as a compact Crossover.

Taking on the Crossover design of the GLOCK 19X and the superior GLOCK hard-surface finish in non-reflective black, the G45 makes the ultimate service pistol.

“After the release of the G19X, we saw a strong interest from the law enforcement community for the design in a black model,” said GLOCK, Inc. VP Josh Dorsey. “The G45 is the result of a design that meets the demanding level of reliability with distinctive Gen5 design enhancements to improve durability, accuracy and performance to those who go into harm’s way where fractions of a second matter.”

Engineered with the GLOCK perfection promise, the G45 features the Safe Action System® and is backed by torture-testing that has made GLOCK a name synonymous with innovation and reliability.

The G45 incorporates elements of the 5th Generation of GLOCK pistols including a smoother trigger pull, an enhanced frame texture for sure handling, a reversible magazine catch, ambidextrous slide stop lever, the Modular Backstrap System (MBS) for individual adjustability and the incredibly accurate, match-grade GLOCK Marksman Barrel (GMB). The G45 also features front serrations which are precision-milled forward of the ejection port on both sides.

The GLOCK Compact Crossover Pistol Model G45 will make its debut at The International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) Conference and will be available on dealer shelves beginning October 5th.

For more information about the new Compact Crossover G45, contact GLOCK, Inc. or go to

done... looks like much ado about nothing, they're just making the 19x a std product....

I love gun owners.

- Glock makes a pretty basic, no finger-grippy frame. Gun community b-words. Glock makes finger grooves.
- People complain that Glock isn't grippy enough. Glock makes pistol EXTRA grippy. People whine. Glock discontinues extra-grippy.
- Every other plastic-gun company makes interchangeable backstraps. "Glock - Y U No Make Backstraps?" Glock makes backstraps.
- Suddenly, the US Army wants a smooth grip. Gun owners whine, "Glock! Y U No make smoothy grippy???"

Imagine if they spent the last 20 years working on the trigger instead of all this bullspit.

Of course, in the same timespan, there have been ZERO significant changes to the grip of a 1911. No one has complained once. "Oooh, we need more finger grooves, and grippiness, and adjustable backstraps and. . . " Nothing. Now, granted the 1911 can be customized because it isn't a plastic frame. You can get fatter or grippier grip-panels. And you can change the backstrap a bit, but most 1911 buyers use their guns STOCK.

Finally, G40 isn't a 40 (but almost LOL). G45 isn't a 45. What's a DEA agent to do???

I love gun owners.

- Glock makes a pretty basic, no finger-grippy frame. Gun community b-words. Glock makes finger grooves.
- People complain that Glock isn't grippy enough. Glock makes pistol EXTRA grippy. People whine. Glock discontinues extra-grippy.
- Every other plastic-gun company makes interchangeable backstraps. "Glock - Y U No Make Backstraps?" Glock makes backstraps.
- Suddenly, the US Army wants a smooth grip. Gun owners whine, "Glock! Y U No make smoothy grippy???"

Imagine if they spent the last 20 years working on the trigger instead of all this bullspit.

Of course, in the same timespan, there have been ZERO significant changes to the grip of a 1911. No one has complained once. "Oooh, we need more finger grooves, and grippiness, and adjustable backstraps and. . . " Nothing. Now, granted the 1911 can be customized because it isn't a plastic frame. You can get fatter or grippier grip-panels. And you can change the backstrap a bit, but most 1911 buyers use their guns STOCK.

Finally, G40 isn't a 40 (but almost LOL). G45 isn't a 45. What's a DEA agent to do???

What, you don't like a trigger with a hard pull, a lot of creep, and then it finally breaks with a 'boi-oi-oi-oing' feeling? Sacrilege!!!

Nice features on the G45 but nothing revolutionary at all. Looks like a factory 'melt job', which comes about a decade and a half after Sig offered their SAS (Sig anti-snag) feature.

Don't get me wrong- I have recommended Glocks to family members including Mrs. Mountain for self defense. But ugh that trigger...

Dennis in MA said:
And you can change the backstrap a bit, but most 1911 buyers use their guns STOCK.
lol not sure if serious 1911 has the largest market for mod parts of any handgun ever made... and that's literally a huge part of it's persistence. If the original design was the only one allowed nobody would buy it.

-Mike

lol not sure if serious 1911 has the largest market for mod parts of any handgun ever made... and that's literally a huge part of it's persistence. If the original design was the only one allowed nobody would buy it.

-Mike

Ferociously serious.

You are equating a high volume of sales with a high % of people that make a stock pistol custom. It just doesn't happen. Look at the classifieds for proof. You either get a guy that got a S&W or Kimber or whatever and it's bone-stock OR you get the guy with a S&W or Kimber, 2 bbls, 8 sets of grips, 43 different types of ammo, etc.,

The majority of gun owners are not like you and me. They buy what they want and that's it. The most variety they have is owning 2 different holsters for the same gun.

But the customization of the 1911 - how much is in frame shape? How much is trigger, slide, bbl, bushing, etc? My ultimate point is that, for all of the b-wording and complaining that Glock isn't leading edge (because leading edge is somehow making the same pistol you made 20 years ago. LOL), as far as frame-shape goes, the 1911 has barely changed in 107 years.

Ferociously serious.

You are equating a high volume of sales with a high % of people that make a stock pistol custom. It just doesn't happen. Look at the classifieds for proof. You either get a guy that got a S&W or Kimber or whatever and it's bone-stock OR you get the guy with a S&W or Kimber, 2 bbls, 8 sets of grips, 43 different types of ammo, etc.,

My point is the "stock 1911 pistol" these days is already customized from the factory. There are 9000 1911 models people buy that are basically modified versions of the "original. " You're more or less shitting on Glock for doing EXACTLY what 1911 vendors have been doing. Look at Krapber's product line, among others. 80% of their product line is the same f***ing gun (when it comes to fundamental mechanicals or accuracy etc) most of the differences are all either cosmetic or slight differences in sighting or ergonomics. [laugh]

ETA: Just in casual browsing there are at least 5 common checkering types and levels, and at least a half a dozen grades of different grip panels, etc, and at least 4 types of mainspring housings on a 1911... as well as a HALF DOZEN different trigger position/shape preferences... and that's just at the gross level. It's pretty obvious
that some people wanted all that crap, otherwise Krapber, Springfield, Sig and others wouldn't have gone out of their way to make like 82 different 1911s. Saying the guns are "stock" is disingenuous when its offered in dozens of flavors, lol.

-Mike

Last edited:
So its a G19x in black?

Basically.

Compare Firearms
Find a Dealer Print

g451.png

G45
Compact

g19x.png

G19X
Crossover

Add More

Add to Wish List Remove

Add to Wish List Remove

Caliber
9x19
9x19

System
Safe Action
Safe Action®

Mag. Capacity
17 / 19 / 24 / 31 / 33
17 / 19 / 24 / 31 / 33

Barrel Length
102 mm | 4.02 inch
102 mm | 4.02 inch

Weight without magazine
616 g | 21.73 oz
625 g | 22.05 oz

Weight with empty magazine
694 g | 24.98 oz
704 g | 24.83 oz

Weight with loaded magazine*
860 g | 30.34 oz
890 g | 31.39 oz

Trigger Pull**
26 N
26 N

The bulkyness of a 17 frame added to the shorter line of sight of the 19. Stroke of a genius right there. Would've made more sense the other way around. It's all the drawbacks in one (not so small) package. I own Glocks, but this makes no sense whatsoever.

The bulkyness of a 17 frame added to the shorter line of sight of the 19. Stroke of a genius right there. Would've made more sense the other way around. It's all the drawbacks in one (not so small) package. I own Glocks, but this makes no sense whatsoever.
I think the logic is less muzzle flip due to the weight of the slide and larger grip on the frame.

Didn't make sense to me until I shot a 19x, then I bought one. It just works.

Why on earth could they not make a single-stack full-frame .45ACP, like a slim G21, and call it the Glock 45? That would get my money.

Why on earth could they not make a single-stack full-frame .45ACP, like a slim G21, and call it the Glock 45? That would get my money.

Because it's 2018 and Glock knows what will actually sell.

For everyone bitching about short frame 17, I'd expect to see it at shot show, after sell a boatload of G45's. Like they did with the 19x before it and the 42 before the 43.

Because it's 2018 and Glock knows what will actually sell.
Like the three models chambered in .45GAP?

I’m diehard Glock but they can get things wrong. A more recent gem: beveling the front of the slide on Gen5 G19 but forgetting the frame, using unbeveled Gen4 design. Fixed it before long but man that was a lazy oversight. You could literally detect it blindfolded.

Because S&W already did that, with their M&P45 M2.0. Plus, it has a much better trigger.

I've always been a Glock fan, from Gen1. "Decent trigger" out of the box (compared to having to pay for a customized 1911 trigger). Then they came out with one in .45acp. Ah-ha, I thought! Perfect for competition. (had the "power factor" that we looked for back during pre-IDPA days). Except that after 50 to 100 rounds, my hand tends to get numb.

Now, after years of shooting them, on my own and for work, I am used to the trigger, although I do know what people mean by "sproing-y". Hence, I tried a Gen4 model in .45acp (maybe a little less recoil? Not really that I noticed) and an S&W M&P M2.0.
Even though I can get the Glock at a discount, I'm getting the S&W. Less recoil, more accuracy (for me) and a better trigger. Plus, the option of a thumb safety, if I want to use it. Yeah, G45. Yawn. If I'm shooting one in 9x19, I'll stick with the full-sized G17, and for compact, I love the G42. But for .45acp...S&W, hands down.

Glock should make a 10mm longslide like the glock 40 with a micro sized grip like the 42/43. That'd be so easy to conceal, it'd suck right into my gut fat and id look like i was walking around with a giant hard on all day.

Glock doesn't listen to its customer base, fat dudes with tiny dicks.

Looks like they deleted the stupid notch in front of the magwell (which pretty much cancels out the benefit of a "flared" magwell).
If they offered a gen 5 g34 mos without that friggin notch i'd snatch one up in a heartbeat.

General Patton wrote a letter that has given us one of the most memorable gun quotes of all time: “In my opinion, the Glock G19 is the greatest battle implement ever devised.”

The g45 releases on 10/5 and should be available in free states starting 10/5 or 10/6...

I am curious to see if after the initial "OMG, new glock" rush it has sustained sales or if it is just a novelty. The 19x definitely saturated sales pretty quickly.

Back
Top Bottom